Per Ciljan Skjelbred

ghoulert

Skjelbred staying for now - Agent

Ciljan Skjelbred's agent has played down reported interest from Manchester United, but admitted the Rosenborg star may move "in a few years".

The 20-year-old Norway international, who once turned down a youth contract with Liverpool, has been attracting interest across Europe following a series of sensational performances in recent seasons.

United were credited with an interest after Skjelbred shone in Rosenborg's recent UEFA Champions League victory over Valencia but the midfielder's advisor has played down talk of United's interest.

"I don't know anything about that [united's interest]," Andreas Ekker told Dagbladet.

"There will always be interest for a player like Per, but previously interest has come from Germany, Netherlands and Italy."

Ekker insists Skjelbred is happy at Rosenborg for now, although he admits he may look to move in the next few years.

"Per is very happy in Rosenborg, but with the qualities he has its only natural that he, in a few years, will head abroad," he added.

"But right now he's happy with where he is. He delivered a good game against Valencia and that does not make the interest smaller."

This is the kind of player we should head for, not only is he a creative young central midfielder, he can also play out wide... and if that wasn't enough, hes a Newcastle fan. I met him when we played Lillestrøm in Norway.

Nice guy, very down to earth.

A toon fan bjorn and skjelbred.

Fuck off... just fuck right off now

:D

p.s. that is the best example of a non-story I've seen in years.

Title is a link to Man U, story is an outright denial of any such link. :rolleyes:

Edited by The Fish