Breaking News: Glenn Roeder appointed Norwich City manager

Jimbo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Narrich fans wanted Paul Jewell or Martin Allen, they'll be gutted, but at least I can take the piss at work tomorrow.

Norwich City have confirmed the appointment of Glenn Roeder as their new manager.

The Carrow Road outfit have been on the lookout for a new boss following the parting of ways with Peter Grant and have now plumped for Roeder.

Following successful negotiations Roeder has put pen-to-paper on a two-and-a-half year deal, while caretaker boss Jim Duffy has left the club.

Although only out of football since May 2007, Roeder has been linked with various jobs, most noticeably a director of football role at Arsenal.

He has now though opted to return to football as a No.1, with the former West Ham boss charged with pulling Norwich away from the relegation zone.

Search over

"After a lengthy and diligent search I'm more than delighted to confirm that Glenn Roeder is the board's unanimous choice as the next Norwich City manager," said Norwich chairman Roger Munby on the club's official website.

"We discussed the current position of the club and team with him at length and I'm thrilled that he has joined us."

Norwich are currently languishing at the foot of the Championship table having taken just eight points from 13 games.

Roeder's managerial career began at Gillingham, before spells with Watford, West Ham and Newcastle.

Just in time for the Ipswich match anarl.

I've had loads of texts today from mates that support Norwich or Ipswich, the Norwich fans are pig sick and the Ipswich fans can't believe their luck !

The Norwich fans better get used to having players played out of position, crap football ,no tactics and a manager with no charisma. They can also kiss ta-ta to any chance of promotion but the excitement of a relegation battle should be right up Roeders ally, although he wont win it

The Norwich fans better get used to having players played out of position, crap football ,no tactics and a manager with no charisma. They can also kiss ta-ta to any chance of promotion but the excitement of a relegation battle should be right up Roeders ally, although he wont win it

Alan Smith on right wing?

Derby and Reading away

4 - 5 -1 against shit teams

Boring fat tosser

Alan Smith on right wing?

Derby and Reading away

4 - 5 -1 against shit teams

Boring fat tosser

8th in the table, scoring goals, integrating 8 new players into the team. Sure Smith cant play as a winger and I dont think BS will try it again unless forced to, The Reading & Derby games were unacceptable but loosing to Shef utd @ home under Roeder was worse. At least Sam has balls and you get the impression he has the respect of the players unlike Roeder. Give the big fella time, he`s a good manager. Look at Bolton now he`s gone