Breaking News: Glenn Roeder appointed Norwich City manager

Jimbo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking News: Clarkie Talking To Norwich

NEWCASTLE United have given Norwich City permission to speak to Lee Clark about joining the Championship club as part of Glenn Roeder's new coaching staff.

Former Toon boss Roeder was named in charge of the Canaries this week and Lee has been allowed by United to speak to Carrow Road club about the position of assistant manager.

Lee began his playing career with his beloved Newcastle United, making his debut in the 1990/91 season.

He left St. James' Park in the summer of 1997, but after spells with Sunderland and Fulham he returned to Gallowgate at the start of the 2005/06 season under Graeme Souness.

He was drafted into the coaching staff by Glenn Roeder when he replaced Souness, and as well as having first team duties he has also taken charge of Newcastle's Reserve side.

Clark given permission to speak to Norwich

Nov 2 2007 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

LEE CLARK today looked set to quit Newcastle United today and rejoin his old manager Glenn Roeder at Norwich City after the Magpies gave the Carrow Road club permission to talk to the Geordie coach.

Roeder took over at the Canaries earlier this week, and now Clark could link up with him as they prepare to take on derby rivals Ipswich Town on Sunday.

It means United are now looking for a new reserve-team coach with Clark’s last game could turn out to be the 7-0 thrashing of Alnwick Town on Monday.

And it will bring an end to the player’s two-year association with Newcastle after joining on a free transfer from Fulham in 2005 for what was his second stint on Tyneside.

The Geordie-born midfielder made 22 appearances in the 2005/06 season and scored one goal against Middlesbrough in a 2-2 draw.

His first spell at the club coincided with the Kevin Keegan era, with Clark helping save the club from relegation in 1992 from the old Second Division, before being on the key players who won the First Division title 12 months later and promotion to the Premier League.

Clark was also in the side that finished second in 1996 and blew a 12-point lead.

His coaching career came about when he worked under Tommy Craig two years ago, but when the reserve-team manager moved to Hibernian, Clark took his place.

Yet a swift move up to a No 2 position at Norwich looks like proving too good an opportunity to turn down.

What Glen has got two things sorted in the space of a day. Maybe he was trying hard with us and fat fred just gave him nothing. (Bar Martins and Duff though...)

Or maybe he's just learnt from his mistakes?

Quite apart from the horrible football we played under him, I don't think I'll remember Roeder fondly. he talked rubbish, contradicted himself, started whinging about injuries when he said he never would, he may have been a nice guy but he was annoying as fuck managing us.

Aye, not taking anything away from the shite he told us during his time. I don't expect to much from him at Norwich either. Just thinking he might not have had much choice when it came to transfer and stuff.

I would rather have the soles of my feet whipped with a bamboo than listen to another one of Roeder's interviews. I noticed that every other managers interviews on the BBC website werea bout 1:30, his were always 3:30, fucking sleeping tablet or what and as predictable as most haunted

Unfortunately I heard from a pretty good source a while back (I know - ITK-tastic) that Roeder has little affection for Terry Mac.

Why dont you just say your Dad is Beardo. Everyone knows : :lol:

I've never met Alex nor seen a photo, but it's probably for the best. The mere thought of a bald Peter Beardsley is bringing me out in a cold sweat.

Unfortunately I heard from a pretty good source a while back (I know - ITK-tastic) that Roeder has little affection for Terry Mac.

Why dont you just say your ITK is Beardo. Everyone knows : :lol:

It's his bro really.

0-2 down at half time against Ipswich.

No matter, one of his Churchillian, rousing half-time team talks will put that right.

smart asre :lol:

0-2 down at half time against Ipswich.

No matter, one of his Churchillian, rousing half-time team talks will put that right.

:lol:

roederba5.jpg