Breaking News: Glenn Roeder appointed Norwich City manager

Jimbo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard he wants Pattison and Shola on loan.

When does he want me to pick them up ?

I think Ameobi would do well there tbh, he had a decent goal scoring record under Roeder.

Might get decent money for him if he does well too, look at what Sunderland paid for Chopra and Jones.

Don't want to incur peoples wrath here, but how many starts have Shola and Owen had together?

I'm not a fan of Heskey either, but his partnership with Owen was always prolific.

I guess I'm crediting Shola with far more strength and power than he actually has, but isn't he the biggest big man option we have to play with Owen?

....plus Ameobi scores against the mackems.

I think Ameobi would do well there tbh, he had a decent goal scoring record under Roeder.

Might get decent money for him if he does well too, look at what Sunderland paid for Chopra and Jones.

Can't see Norwich having the money, they are stoney broke, which is a little surprising considering they haven't spent money in ages and they have sold lots of land surrounding the stadium.

I think Delia has been expanding the drinks cabinet with it !

Don't want to incur peoples wrath here, but how many starts have Shola and Owen had together?

I'm not a fan of Heskey either, but his partnership with Owen was always prolific.

I guess I'm crediting Shola with far more strength and power than he actually has, but isn't he the biggest big man option we have to play with Owen?

....plus Ameobi scores against the mackems.

Heskey has pace and power plus he works his arse off so that's why he worked well with Owen. I reckon Shola would do very well in the Championship like.

Can't see Norwich having the money, they are stoney broke, which is a little surprising considering they haven't spent money in ages and they have sold lots of land surrounding the stadium.

I wasn't really thinking of Norwich, mate. I meant one of the clubs that come up next season might take a chance on him if he bangs the goals in in the Championship, even with all of the money in the game a promoted club will still struggle to attract quality.

I wasn't really thinking of Norwich, mate. I meant one of the clubs that come up next season might take a chance on him if he bangs the goals in in the Championship, even with all of the money in the game a promoted club will still struggle to attract quality.

I knew what you meant, I was just making the point that it would be very unlikely if Norwich would be able to afford him.

I knew what you meant, I was just making the point that it would be very unlikely if Norwich would be able to afford him.

What price Shola then?

• 3 months later...

Norwich now only 4 points off the play offs, unbeaten in 13, Norwich looked dead and burried before Roeder took over and he's had no money to spend.

Credit where credit is due, he's done a great job.

Aye, had the Naarwich chairman on FiveLive last night singing his praises. It's Roeder all over though, superb first season..then the second season...

Exactly and thats what I've been reminding the "Alan Partidge" types that I work with.

Norwich now only 4 points off the play offs, unbeaten in 13, Norwich looked dead and burried before Roeder took over and he's had no money to spend.

Same old story. Nailed on for relegation in their 2nd season tbh :lol:

Same old story. Nailed on for relegation in their 2nd season tbh :lol:

After they get promotion?? :D

Edited by Holden McGroin

Aye, had the Naarwich chairman on FiveLive last night singing his praises. It's Roeder all over though, superb first season..then the second season...

Exactly and thats what I've been reminding the "Alan Partidge" types that I work with.

Liquid football. :lol:

Liquid football. :D

:lol: Goal!...And another!

Liquid football. :rolleyes:

:D Goal!...And another!

:lol:

THAT....was a goal....

Liquid football. :rolleyes:

:D Goal!...And another!

:lol:

THAT....was a goal....

He's got a foot like a tractor engine! :rolleyes: