Breaking News: Glenn Roeder appointed Norwich City manager

Jimbo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Roeder get us into Europe when everyone thought relegation was on the cards? And didn't he leave us in a higher position than he found us? And didn't he buy our current high scorer for two thirds of the price of Michael Owen? (A buy that will almost certainly recoup more of the fee paid) And wasn't Sibierski one of the better free transfers of that window, against virtually everyone elses judgement?

I don't think he deserves to be anywhere near the pariah that I hope Souness remains.

Didn't Roeder get us into Europe when everyone thought relegation was on the cards? And didn't he leave us in a higher position than he found us? And didn't he buy our current high scorer for two thirds of the price of Michael Owen? (A buy that will almost certainly recoup more of the fee paid) And wasn't Sibierski one of the better free transfers of that window, against virtually everyone elses judgement?

I don't think he deserves to be anywhere near the pariah that I hope Souness remains.

totally agree but i think Sourmush can point to a better record.

Just do no think Rodent should be abused as much and I do not think Fat S deserves all the hype.

True although I think Le Sib was shite really. Did ok in Europe though.

Don't understand some of the nastiness - ultimately he failed but I have nothing against him and liked him as a player.

I never wish other teams well - basically I hate everybody - but hope he does okay.

I think, if anything, he might just be too nice to be a football manager. Basically, if he's been a club where it starts to go wrong, it get's worse as he just can't motivate them to get out of it. See also Gareth Southgate.

He was on the telly earlier, practically admitted nobody was interested in him, and he was very very gratefull to get the Norwich job.

agreed, it was cliche-tastic, its a shame, he comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke, the trouble is nice-guys finish last in many cases, he might get Narrich out of trouble but other than that I can't see him doing much.

Completely agree, hence my comment earlier in this thread. Roeder is a decidedly average manager, but he seemed like a decent bloke - I hope he does well at Norwich and in his career, something I could never say about that wanker Souness.

He was on the telly earlier, practically admitted nobody was interested in him, and he was very very gratefull to get the Norwich job.

agreed, it was cliche-tastic, its a shame, he comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke, the trouble is nice-guys finish last in many cases, he might get Narrich out of trouble but other than that I can't see him doing much.

Only a month, or so, ago, Roeder was being tipped to go into Arsenal as Wengers assistant, or some such position. It was widely reported that Wenger thinks very highly of Roeder.