Brazil 2014

RlCO

Rio is may fave place i have visited.

I was there about 7 years ago. Canny place, wouldnt put it down as a fave like. It is a footballing country and Id like to see hwo they host a WC, its just so corrupt though. They'd have to do a hell of a lot of work on the stadiums though. While there I went to see Botafogo at the Maracana (they play in b&w stripes you know :D ), prob about 20-25k attendance but in that stadium made it look pretty empty. No way would that pass fo rthe WC is it was then though.

While I know the Brazilians follow their country passionately, I wonder how they would take to the other games? Though Id imagine thye tickets would be pretty cheap so the locals could afford to go?

Nice place Rio though, if you dont wander into the slums behind the main shopping area.

Shithole.

Appaprently there will be a maximum of four new stadiums (Portugal built six for the euro championships). The transport systems leave a lot to be desired. I know one fellow who was mugged twice in one day whilst in Rio :D

Shithole.

Appaprently there will be a maximum of four new stadiums (Portugal built six for the euro championships). The transport systems leave a lot to be desired. I know one fellow who was mugged twice in one day whilst in Rio :D

bet the second mugger was gutted that he'd been beaten to it. no doubt he took some persuading that it was true and he wasnt just hiding his wallet up his arse!

Edited by zico martin

Guest stevieintoon

The next two World Cup's are in two of the very most dangerous countries on earth, Gutted. I love going to tournaments, and even the 2012 Euro's are in a country where most people are fuckin cunts (Croatia). Let's hope we get it in 2018.

Guest stevieintoon
You know how Colombia was meant to have it in '86? Imagine what that would have been like.

Imagine if they had the earthquake during the World Cup though.

You know how Colombia was meant to have it in '86? Imagine what that would have been like.

Not really what I was getting at.

Guest stevieintoon
I love going to tournaments, and even the 2012 Euro's are in a country where most people are fuckin cunts (Croatia).

They're very fond of you too, you fucking cretin. :D

:tosser:

Not really what I was getting at.

I didn't say it was.

Shithole.

Appaprently there will be a maximum of four new stadiums (Portugal built six for the euro championships). The transport systems leave a lot to be desired. I know one fellow who was mugged twice in one day whilst in Rio :lol:

bet the second mugger was gutted that he'd been beaten to it. no doubt he took some persuading that it was true and he wasnt just hiding his wallet up his arse!

:lol:

My mate's dad did some work in Brazil, he was frequently robbed at gunpoint.

Shithole.

Appaprently there will be a maximum of four new stadiums (Portugal built six for the euro championships). The transport systems leave a lot to be desired. I know one fellow who was mugged twice in one day whilst in Rio :lol:

:lol: The advise I was given whilst there was always to have something to give them, as they can get a tad annoyed if you didn't have owt for them.

Did anyone see the riot that Valderama started this week? He's a manager now and ran up to the ref wafting notes in his face after he gave a penalty against his side. Caused a full scale riot in the stadium between fans.

Did anyone see the riot that Valderama started this week? He's a manager now and ran up to the ref wafting notes in his face after he gave a penalty against his side. Caused a full scale riot in the stadium between fans.

:lol: wish I'd seen that. Does he still have the same hair ??

:lol: wish I'd seen that. Does he still have the same hair ??

Aye, his hair is still random, although he seems to have calmed the length down a bit. It was on SSN this morning. It was a proper riot as well.

Shithole.

Was he with Securicor? :lol:

Shithole.

Was he with Securicor? :lol:

Nah, he's a deep sea diver. He didn't get robbed underwater, but on their shore leave. Obviously. Apparently they'd be sitting outside a cafe when a chap would sit down opposite them, and simply take out his gun and tap it on the table, and they just had to pay him. They carried money in anticpation of this like Mr Hips suggested.