Oscar Cardozo

bassplayerjj

...Could be complete nonsense and a non-story but I like the look of this lad. Nearly 6'5 and looks like he can hit hte back of the net with a 2 in 3 record for Newell's last season before joining Benfica. Has a good strong left foot and good touch about him and is just 24. If we let Ameobi go (probably for his own good) then I'd have a look at this geezer in january, especially if Big Sam is adamant at playing basketball. With concerns over Viduka's fitness and Alan Smith not being used to hitting the back of the net we need someone else in especially with Oba off to Africa =/

Anyway this geezer could be a latin Big Dunc (but with more goals and anger management) and I'll be watching a couple of Benfica games this season:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11wve_os...mpilation_sport

Edited by bassplayerjj

• 7 months later...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=720764

Benfica Reject English Mega Offers For Cardozo

"Benfica have rejected big money offers for Óscar Cardozo from Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle United and Manchester City in recent weeks, according to reports in Portugal. The Paraguayan international scored a total of 22 goals for Benfica in his first season in Europe and his performances did not go unnoticed, specially in England. O Jogo reports that Newcastle's coach, Kevin Keegan, was eager to take Cardozo to St. James' Park, but the Portuguese club rejected his offer worth €25m."

Fucking ell, Is dennis wise just picking up the paper and bidding for whoever Spurs are linked with?

Jeez

Your bids are coming after ours tbh :nah:

We were linked with him a while ago.

First dibs just incase Berba does the off.

Fucking ell, Is dennis wise just picking up the paper and bidding for whoever Spurs are linked with?

Jeez

Poyet remembers playing FM with Wise is all.

The lad's a bit special

So is Shola

In an I can jump puddles sort of way.

and Boumsong was supposed to be the new Woodgate

I thought that Boumsong was supposed to just give Souness and Willie a little extra on the side?

The lad's a bit special

So is Shola

In an I can jump puddles sort of way.

and Boumsong was supposed to be the new Woodgate

What injured or smacked out on illegal marching powder?

Completely FM-tastic. Looks decent on the video but we all have an opinion on players on YouTube. If he's the real deal go for it. 6ft 5" can shoot can head can score freekicks what more do we want to replace Vids?

Just going on that video, we should probably put a bid in for all the midfielders as well. :nah: