Geremi keen to please fans

khay

Geremi knows that he must have the support of the St James' Park fans if he is to succeed at Newcastle.

The Magpies' captain, signed in the summer from Chelsea, is already aware of the expectation heaped on the players by the Toon Army.

Former Real Madrid and Middlesbrough player Geremi has set his sights on winning silverware under Sam Allardyce to appease the success-starved supporters.

Responsibility

Geremi told the Daily Star: "I know all about the responsibility of being a Newcastle player.

"You are carrying the hopes of millions and if you don't live up to that then you won't be here for much longer.

"We have one of the biggest fan bases in the world and they want a lot from us.

"It is so different to being a Chelsea player. At Newcastle the fans are around the club and the city all of the time, not just on a match day.

"Newcastle fans want us to play in a certain way and win games at the same time. We have to give them that.

"We want to repay them for their support and the only way we can do that is by winning a trophy."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2840728,00.html

I have no idea what his best position is tbh

As a holding midfielder I would have Butt over him

Is he a better full back the Beye? cant see it really

Doesnt offer anything creative going forward

utility player who happens to be captain, not one of Sams best decisions