Meatloaf

RlCO

a masterpiece :lol:

Rolling Stone magazine ranked it at number 343 on its list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

The BBC television programme Old Grey Whistle Test aired a clip of the live band performing the nine-minute title track. According to Classic Rock, response was so overwhelming, that they screened it again the following week. They later invited the band to perform "Paradise" live. "As a result, in the UK Bat became an unfashionable, uncool, non-radio record that became a 'must-have' for everyone who heard it, whether they 'got' Steinman's unique perspective or not

It stayed on the United Kingdom charts for 474 weeks,[34] a feat surpassed only by the 478 weeks of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours.

They acknowledge that Steinman is "a composer without peer, simply because nobody else wanted to make mini-epics like this." Rundgren's production is applauded, as is the wit in the music and lyrics. "It may elevate adolescent passion to operatic dimensions, and that's certainly silly, but it's hard not to marvel at the skill behind this grandly silly, irresistible album.

Understandable if its not yours or someone else's thing, but a great unique achievement of an album non the less.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, are we supposed to be surprised that CT likes a singer named after a stodgy food product?

Anyway, what I will say for Mr. Loaf is that, because all his songs are [a] drawn-out multi-parters and the same, you can get away with having just one of them on your mp3 player. This is my choice:

...because it's mawkish, melodramatic and bloody brilliant. B) Plus it's spot on for pacing a ten-minute session on the rowing machine.

I'm sorry, are we supposed to be surprised that CT likes a singer named after a stodgy food product?

Anyway, what I will say for Mr. Loaf is that, because all his songs are [a] drawn-out multi-parters and the same, you can get away with having just one of them on your mp3 player. This is my choice:

...because it's mawkish, melodramatic and bloody brilliant. B) Plus it's spot on for pacing a ten-minute session on the rowing machine.

I quite often shag to that. :)

Whereas your lass prefers, "I'd Do Anything For Love (but I won't do that)" :bedhump:

I hear she often finds herself singing "I'd Eat Anything For Lunch (but I won't touch that)".

In other totally unsurprising news CT likes Candi Statton, Death by Chocolate, Captain Beefheart , the Jam, Hot Chip and, of course Jimmy (all you can eat) Buffet

I went to see Meat Loaf at the arena with a mate.

When we were kids we'd go to gigs I liked & in return I'd go to gigs he wanted to go to. We were 13/14 so it was very much a case of relying on parents to ship us about etc .

Anyway - Meatloaf was canny. His guitarists were terrible mind but he'd just had a heart attack and came on stage on a stretcher surrounded by nurses in suspenders etc, best part of the gig.

I cannot argue that Bat out of Hell has sold millions and it must have something about it, but not too my ears!!

Top Gear watchers spring to mind!!

Music is odd, I used to work in a music bar in Greece and no matter what we played some would love it and others would ask you to change it!!

Erdinger Weiss!! I know how to pour it correctly!! sad I know!! tends to give you the shits after 5 or 6!!

Is there a decent boozer near the Arena, preferably one that sells Erdinger. I know it's close to the punk triangle.

Dog and Parrot is good. Music might not be cool enough for you though.