Meatloaf

RlCO

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually seen Meatloaf live and it was much better than yours by the sound of it CT. Reading Festival at the back end of the 80's. As I recall, he'd just made it thru Bat Out of Hell when he was hit on the nose by a bottle, went off and didn't come back. Great gig :)

:lol: :lol: Sorry you wasted your money like but I love washed-up musician stories.

I don't consider it wasted at all. Music and performer that I grew up with it was nice to be there.

Bit like watching a ropey old footballer at a testimonial.

Plus our lass paid ;)

I've actually seen Meatloaf live and it was much better than yours by the sound of it CT. Reading Festival at the back end of the 80's. As I recall, he'd just made it thru Bat Out of Hell when he was hit on the nose by a bottle, went off and didn't come back. Great gig :)

Lucky bugger. Had some voice back in the day. Used to pass out after gigs iirc. :lol:

So this old man comes limping onto the stage and one one verse into the first song horror struck. My two year old can hold a note better. I would have been quite happy to go back on the lash.

He didn't get any better and there was an atmosphere of resigned disbelief apart from the odd pissed nana.

The second set was All the Bat out of Hell tracks and though he still sounded like a 66 year old singing, the nostalgia of it all kicked in and the female singer and musicians were superb.

I'm pleased I went and saw Meatloaf but I wouldn't be surprised if the critics were unkind.

At one stage it got a bit too much and he cried. :(

Paradise by the dashboard life was superb and the female lead, Patti Russo ??? Was very good. I even had a little boogie as me and Mrs Tree did our own duet.

Thanks for the music Meat.

y5aza7um.jpg

Did we shuffle out on a Zimmer frame? He looks like a lame old dinosaur propped up on that chair.

I don't consider it wasted at all. Music and performer that I grew up with it was nice to be there.

Bit like watching a ropey old footballer at a testimonial.

Plus our lass paid ;)

Ah whey, I know the feeling like. Went to see Dylan and his voice was absolutely wrecked but he compensated for it with arranging the songs around it brilliantly. Suppose Meat Loaf can't afford that luxury.

I think it might have been 2003 when I seen him - and his voice was fucking insane. As I say - I couldn't figure out the guitarists. Both wailing away on floyd roses - no! Just no!

I recognised the hits but the theatrical element was superb.

Ah whey, I know the feeling like. Went to see Dylan and his voice was absolutely wrecked but he compensated for it with arranging the songs around it brilliantly. Suppose Meat Loaf can't afford that luxury.

OOoooOooOoooh :handbags:

Isn't that exactly what happened the last time Meatloaf played Newcastle? Except that he actually walked off and didn't come back? There should have been a lesson learned from that!

I'm calling post #65 in here the most tragic since someone posted about the own goal at Villa by the way. :lol:

It's got my vote.

For CT

A FB (friend of a friend) entry from a "local lass" - the female voice on BoH 2 btw:

Hi Everybody, Lorraine here,In the interests of clarifying matters.

A. The voice is a reality show and they will heavily edit it for effect .In my experience True!

B. Was I paid for singing the song? No, it was sung impromptu as a demo for Meat to sing his vocals to .I believe Meat has no knowledge of this and would have expected the managements to deal with paper work etc . I was however paid for backing vocals on Three other songs on the album.

I have never mentioned any of this to Meat as I never thought it was his responsibility and has always treated me like a princess.

... C. Session musicians receive a fee and mostly that’s the end of that . I do however receive the usual PPL payments for my performance on the record .

D. Meat did try to talk me out of being credited as Mrs Loud but Jim Steinman and I were trying to sell Mrs Loud ,but with hindsight Meat was right .

E. Meat has ALWAYS spoken highly of me and given me full credit for my involvement on Bat 2 and that has always been appreciated by me.

F. I understand that when Films or Videos are made they are cast by a director/producer and my look as a blonde was not what they were looking for at the time .I can live with that but the first I knew that my voice was lip synced to by Dana Patrick was when Jim Steinman told me to watch the video on VH1 and when my voice came out of her Face, I was absolutely devastated to say the least ! And no one asked me if it was ok for that to happen .

G. Meat and I are still friends and I am disgusted that any one would call this very kind wonderful man names for any reason

H. I went on the Voice to try to improve my work situation as I am a full time musician and these day its best to have some sort of TV exposure to secure work , I have entered two reality shows and both were heavily edited but that’s just the chance you have to take .

I. The general public will probably never know what goes on behind the scenes in the editing rooms of these competitions .

J. Finally ,I give my utmost respect and love to meat will always thank him for the huge opportunity he put my way .

Best Wishes, Lorraine

Edited by Toonpack

For CT

A FB (friend of a friend) entry from a "local lass" - the female voice on BoH 2 btw:

Hi Everybody, Lorraine here,In the interests of clarifying matters.

A. The voice is a reality show and they will heavily edit it for effect .In my experience True!

B. Was I paid for singing the song? No, it was sung impromptu as a demo for Meat to sing his vocals to .I believe Meat has no knowledge of this and would have expected the managements to deal with paper work etc . I was however paid for backing vocals on Three other songs on the album.

I have never mentioned any of this to Meat as I never thought it was his responsibility and has always treated me like a princess.

... C. Session musicians receive a fee and mostly that’s the end of that . I do however receive the usual PPL payments for my performance on the record .

D. Meat did try to talk me out of being credited as Mrs Loud but Jim Steinman and I were trying to sell Mrs Loud ,but with hindsight Meat was right .

E. Meat has ALWAYS spoken highly of me and given me full credit for my involvement on Bat 2 and that has always been appreciated by me.

F. I understand that when Films or Videos are made they are cast by a director/producer and my look as a blonde was not what they were looking for at the time .I can live with that but the first I knew that my voice was lip synced to by Dana Patrick was when Jim Steinman told me to watch the video on VH1 and when my voice came out of her Face, I was absolutely devastated to say the least ! And no one asked me if it was ok for that to happen .

G. Meat and I are still friends and I am disgusted that any one would call this very kind wonderful man names for any reason

H. I went on the Voice to try to improve my work situation as I am a full time musician and these day its best to have some sort of TV exposure to secure work , I have entered two reality shows and both were heavily edited but that’s just the chance you have to take .

I. The general public will probably never know what goes on behind the scenes in the editing rooms of these competitions .

J. Finally ,I give my utmost respect and love to meat will always thank him for the huge opportunity he put my way .

Best Wishes, Lorraine

Nice of her. :)

Didn't see any of this voice hoohah, but Meats spoke about this on his twitter today.

I am going to explain . The VOICE is a reality show they are going to edit for the dramatic. Lorraine herself was complaining that they edited her. Was she paid for singing the song, I believe so but that was 20 years ago. How things work . Musicians come in Play tracks they are paid a Union scale some get double some Triple but never royalties. Lorraine at the Time was being managed by JIm , don't blame him, She was recording a record , she hoped that "Anything for Love" would make that record work for her. It didn't , She wanted her credit as Mrs Loud . I tried my best to talk her out of it and use her real name. She wanted Mrs Loud. so be it. Singers go on other people's record for no money to help promote them themselves sometimes it works other times it dosen't . In interviews in 1993 I gave her all the credit for

sining the song . The Director of the Video the now very famous Michael Bay thought she was not the right choice for the Video. Just like every A list actor is not right for every film. She did not get screwed and in 1994 she came on stage with us and Sang "Anything For love" in Newcastle. She deserves a lot of credit., But as she herself told me in 1994 , I tell people that is me but they don't believe me . Why? because she used Mrs. Loud and not her real name. Jim and I did not screw her over in any way , she took the chance it just did not work. Lorraine and I are still friends and the Voice can go screw itself for editing out what she really said . I hope that all you who felt the need to call me names have learned something about the music business. If you really want to attack , go get the royalties that are owed to Myself and Jim for selling 45 million copies of Bat, and after that go after the royalties of all the other artist who have been screwed by Record companies. They are in the 1,000's . People do things to forward their carrer , it doesn't always work. If you need to believe what the voice edited to create some drama , then I see dumb people.

Much Love

Meat

PJ Beckett and 6,799 others like this.