Lee Clark

Howay

NEWCASTLE United have given Norwich City permission to speak to Lee Clark about joining the Championship club as part of Glenn Roeder's new coaching staff.

Former Toon boss Roeder was named in charge of the Canaries this week and Lee has been allowed by United to speak to Carrow Road club about the position of assistant manager.

Lee began his playing career with his beloved Newcastle United, making his debut in the 1990/91 season.

He left St. James' Park in the summer of 1997, but after spells with Sunderland and Fulham he returned to Gallowgate at the start of the 2005/06 season under Graeme Souness.

He was drafted into the coaching staff by Glenn Roeder when he replaced Souness, and as well as having first team duties he has also taken charge of Newcastle's Reserve side.

:lol: off the official site btw

Won't be missed imo, hope he takes shaft with him

Shame he wasn't ten years younger. Would walk into the current team. We lack some one who can keep posession, keep it ticking over yet split a defence with a side rule pass.

All the best to the lad.

Shame he wasn't ten years younger. Would walk into the current team. We lack some one who can keep posession, keep it ticking over yet split a defence with a side rule pass.

All the best to the lad.

Lee Clark would have been a top notch player if he had a burst of pace.

All the best to the lad.

He was only ever tidy player imo, no more no less

Good luck to the bloke, I'm not sure why he gets such a hard time when nobody knows if he's a good coach or not, perhaps it was because of his attitude to life when he was a player? I find it funny when people knock Clark yet suggest we get Gary Speed here as a coach just because he seems like a good professional.

Clark could have stayed here and drifted along but he's gone to Norwich to become assistant manager which will hopefully further his career in management, fair play to him for that.

Good luck to the bloke, I'm not sure why he gets such a hard time when nobody knows if he's a good coach or not, perhaps it was because of his attitude to life when he was a player? I find it funny when people knock Clark yet suggest we get Gary Speed here as a coach just because he seems like a good professional.

Clark could have stayed here and drifted along but he's gone to Norwich to become assistant manager which will hopefully further his career in management, fair play to him for that.

Spot on.

The Norwich fans I work with seem more impressed with the signing of Clark than the signing of Roeder.

You think Clarkie secretly knows Glen will be sacked in 6 months?

Yes, he's seen his methods first hand

Kind of what I was alluding to...

The Norwich fans I work with seem more impressed with the signing of Clark than the signing of Roeder.

But will he lose points on the magness scale for it?

But will he lose points on the magness scale for it?

Fuck knows. I'm presuming his spell with the mackems blew up his magnetometer.

All the best to the lad.

Alwayst thought he was a good player I thought he was excellent when he was deployed as a DM / deep lying playermaker under KK. Didn't really need pace so much there and he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time rather than needing to dive into tackles. Underrated by some imo.