Patience is a virtue!

Noelie

......losing to the bottom of the league team and losing 4-1 at home is not a virtue and would try anyone's patience.

My patience is brought to the limit when I see a so called successful manager like Allardyce;

Play N'Zogbia on the right when everyone knows he's better on the left.

Play Milner on the left when everyone knows he's better on the right.

Take Enrique off to bring on Martins and move N'Zogbia to left back.

Starting Taylor ahead of Rozenhal when Rozenhal is a more stable defender.

Leaving Smith on after he's got a yellow-card therefore becoming a red-card waiting to happen.

Starting Smith over Martins when Martins has been scoring goals.

Waiting so long to bring Emre on.

When you hire an experienced person to do a particular job you are hiring them for their prior experience in the field you are hiring them for and you expect them to show improvement in the workplace in a timely manner, not 2 or 3 years down the line as is being suggested by some.

When you allow the new hire to bring in experienced people who have been working in the same field and have a solid background you expect to see an upgrade in the production and results almost immediately or you have to question your workforce and management as to why there is little or no improvement.

Patience is a virtue, but I am losing mine!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......losing to the bottom of the league team and losing 4-1 at home is not a virtue and would try anyone's patience.

My patience is brought to the limit when I see a so called successful manager like Allardyce;

Play N'Zogbia on the right when everyone knows he's better on the left.

Play Milner on the left when everyone knows he's better on the right.

Take Enrique off to bring on Martins and move N'Zogbia to left back.

Starting Taylor ahead of Rozenhal when Rozenhal is a more stable defender.

Leaving Smith on after he's got a yellow-card therefore becoming a red-card waiting to happen.

Starting Smith over Martins when Martins has been scoring goals.

Waiting so long to bring Emre on.

When you hire an experienced person to do a particular job you are hiring them for their prior experience in the field you are hiring them for and you expect them to show improvement in the workplace in a timely manner, not 2 or 3 years down the line as is being suggested by some.

When you allow the new hire to bring in experienced people who have been working in the same field and have a solid background you expect to see an upgrade in the production and results almost immediately or you have to question your workforce and management as to why there is little or no improvement.

Patience is a virtue, but I am losing mine!

I think Portsmouth are a far better team than people give credit for, and I can accept being beaten by them, but the manner of the defeat and the points you have raised make today's "performance" totally unacceptable, no matter who the opposition, this is now two games on the trot where the team selection has cost us dearly.

Portsmouth are a canny side, more so up front. But what happened to us building from the back? Couple of the goals mind I dont think you could fault, but the other couple were shambolic. I wonder if Cacapa was taken off through injury or because his head want right? Also, though I thought Taylor had a good game and fought to make a point and get his place back, I wonder what was up with Beye?

The first was a wonder strike but the time and space the player was allowed made it a lot easier for him. I do think patience is needed like. The last fucking thing we need is another new manager coming in before Christmas.

In the context of a season, no manger should be sacked for a bad run I agree. What worries me more is when highly paid managers make decisions that baffle the average fan. I wouldn't mind if they were effective but they're not.

I'm prepared to give him time, it's worth remembering that he didn't actually spend THAT much in the summer and up until recently his signings looked like better quality than what they replaced.

I would like to see us start scoring though. Until we have a strong, creative midfielder and a bigger target man up front, I can't see Owen or Martins doing terribly well.

I've been saying we've played nobody before yesterday - Pompey were half decent but mainly profited from the good goals so close together that fucked us so badly but having said that I'm beginning to be worried:

Lack of consistent team selection - smacks of fling names into a hat to see what gels.

Stupid formations.

Stupid statements (0-0 at Derby or Reading would have been good results)

Picking Barton when he is miles off the pace - I realise he has to play to get said pace but his current sharpness is shocking.

Failure to realise that as we have some decent footballers we should play football not hoofball.

These are the things that worry me.

Even if we sign two good midfielders in January I think the gelling will still be a work in progress.

A lot of people - probably including me - have said that they are willing to see this season as a write-off as long as progress is made - lack of progress so far aside, I'm beginning to realise what that write-off actually means - lots of frustration and disappointment.

I fear for next week.

It is going to take time I think we are just realising how bad we have been for the last couple of years so I agree i this season may be a write though I think we will play well in patches and bad in other though we have to stick with it all the side whoa re getting better like blackburn and portsmouth have had bad times and got better do we want to go down the spurs route change everything and throw all the toys out the pram and still get no where. success is longer comes quickly you have to build a team and then that team has to learn to play together. if you take out the top four there is not alot difference between the other sides beside the absolute crap at the bottom so patience is the way forward.

I would like to see us start scoring though. Until we have a strong, creative midfielder and a bigger target man up front, I can't see Owen or Martins doing terribly well.

Those two could maybe play together well, but we'd probably need a midfield of very good attacking/creative/passing quality for them to do so. Although the first step might be actually developing a midfield. :lol:

I've always said that a top half finish would be a success this year. The past few performances have been disappointing and Saturday was a freak result but anyone who's writing off this team, this manager and this season already needs a slap. There's far too many fickle fuckers about.

Look at the teams that we, the fans, believe we should be competing with. Everton, Blackburn, Pompy* etc. who have all had a stable management system in place for four/five years now if not more. All those teams had times when things were far from rosy but now they're reaping the rewards. Give it time.

*And yes, I know 'Arry fucked off to Southampton for a year.

I've always said that a top half finish would be a success this year. The past few performances have been disappointing and Saturday was a freak result but anyone who's writing off this team, this manager and this season already needs a slap. There's far too many fickle fuckers about.

Look at the teams that we, the fans, believe we should be competing with. Everton, Blackburn, Pompy* etc. who have all had a stable management system in place for four/five years now if not more. All those teams had times when things were far from rosy but now they're reaping the rewards. Give it time.

I was just in the process of writing the same thing mate. Villa could probably be added to that list who moved up 5 places last season and are looking tough to beat this season too.

But its wasted on so many of our supporters who think we are so much better than we are, have no patience and would rather sit and boo their own team than get behind them.

I was just in the process of writing the same thing mate. Villa could probably be added to that list who moved up 5 places last season and are looking tough to beat this season too.

But its wasted on so many of our supporters who think we are so much better than we are, have no patience and would rather sit and boo their own team than get behind them.

I've always been in the "Boo if you want to, it is your money" camp but that was when we were playing under Souness and Roeder, managers who were never going to do anything. There's been a hell of a lot of change over the summer, yet people expect us to play flowing, fast paced, high scoring football straight away. It's a slow process and at times like these, when we've got several new players and a whole new coaching set up it'll probably be detrimental to boo and jeer.

On the topic of booing does anyone on here boo at Distin. More panto antics.

"One greedy bastard...". etc

Whoopee he went somewhere else for a higher wage packet. I am bloody sure most of those in the ground would do the same. Offer me an extra £10,000 a year, never mind a week and the obscene amounts he was offered, and I wouldn't have to think twice about it.

I've always been in the "Boo if you want to, it is your money" camp but that was when we were playing under Souness and Roeder, managers who were never going to do anything. There's been a hell of a lot of change over the summer, yet people expect us to play flowing, fast paced, high scoring football straight away. It's a slow process and at times like these, when we've got several new players and a whole new coaching set up it'll probably be detrimental to boo and jeer.

So up to now where do you think Fat Sam's taking us, based on what?

I have never liked nor rated him so I'm not being fickle. It's turning out to be exactly like I expected.

I have never liked nor rated him so I'm not being fickle. It's turning out to be exactly like I expected.

Turning out? He took over a shite squad, many will argue that alot of the squad was decent but in reality its utter cack, has had to add many new faces and we have only played 11 games. I don't know where exactly hes going to take us or if hes going to be a success but to start hitting panic buttons this early in the season is madness.

I still reckon we're significantly better off than we were around a year ago. Couple that with the big job that was required on bringing in new defenders etc. and your have to say it's too early to make a judgement call. I agree with manc-mag when he said we've been poor in general this season though.

My comment on Roeder and Souness was after more than 10 games in the job when it was quite clear we were going backwards, like every other fucking club they'd both managed.

Sam's got a track record of taking clubs forward. If we continue to turf managers after a season then we're never going to move forwards. If you didn't rate Sam fine, but surely you should put your support of the club before your dislike of a manager.

My comment on Roeder and Souness was after more than 10 games in the job when it was quite clear we were going backwards, like every other fucking club they'd both managed.

Sam's got a track record of taking clubs forward. If we continue to turf managers after a season then we're never going to move forwards. If you didn't rate Sam fine, but surely you should put your support of the club before your dislike of a manager.

i do support the club and the players. I stayed to the end did no boo or heckle them. I will be at the games but unless he changes my mind I will always dislike him.

Same old same old. We have to cut the stupid mistakes out, we have injuries, they are tired after the internationals, it's a science ffs.

He used to whinge after Bolton defeats all the time. What success has he had?

Like I say never liked him so I'm not fickle, same with Souness.

On the topic of booing does anyone on here boo at Distin. More panto antics.

"One greedy bastard...". etc

Whoopee he went somewhere else for a higher wage packet. I am bloody sure most of those in the ground would do the same. Offer me an extra £10,000 a year, never mind a week and the obscene amounts he was offered, and I wouldn't have to think twice about it.

There's a suprise, a Jock chasing money.

How was copper wire invented?

Two jocks fighting over a penny :razz:

Aye, Roeder had taken us in the right direction too, just not far enough fast enough for 99% of fans.

That's the problem though. Roeder wasn't taking us in the right direction. He did very well as caretaker but I think it was clear to most that under his stewardship once he got the job full-time things were going in anything but the right direction. It's quite frightening to think what sort of side we'd have this season if he was still around. Relegation battle guarenteed imo.

That's the problem though. Roeder wasn't taking us in the right direction. He did very well as caretaker but I think it was clear to most that under his stewardship once he got the job full-time things were going in anything but the right direction. It's quite frightening to think what sort of side we'd have this season if he was still around. Relegation battle guarenteed imo.

In the two seasons he finished in charge we finished higher than in the season before he took over and higher than we were at the point he took over. So either way he was a better caretaker and full time manager than the previous incumbent.

No-one wants to get in a Roeder discussion again though. Just pointing out the impatience of Newcastle fans, even improvement isn't good enough, unless it's massive.