Whats new

jaythesouthernmag

So we get a few wins at home and loose to lower teams away then get stuffed by a team that on paper shouldnt be anywhere near us. Is this progress, are we playing better football?. Our defence is poor, we have no creativity and dont play our best strikers together. Honeymoon period over, BS needs to deliver or BM will step in with a replacement, Jose?

I've been a big supporter of Allardyce, but it worries me that we have a manager that can't even select the correct starting XI.

Yep Jimbo, i agree that I thought Sam was the answer but over the last few games his selections/tactics have worried me. I thoyght we would have a steely defence and be a force going forward, not so though. He doesnt know our best team and he seems loyal to certain players regardless of form, If this continues BM will bin BS. We are playing crap football and achieving FA

I want to give big Sam time but he cant find his best team. He bought a lot of them he trains with them but seems clueless as to what to do. He has to decide on a formula to suit the players not shoe horn the players into what he would like to do. We should be playing 442 with the squad we have and we should stop humping long balls into the air. We have the shortest front pairing in the league. But they can move. I do think a move for a very good right winger to play ahead of Milner would be a good move. But we need a steady 4 across the middle with one of the CM's a defensive type the other a play maker.

Was never a fan of his,still not a fan of his,out of his depth,got no hope against the top 4 .

wish he had of got the england job,blokes lost the plot,and thats being nice,because i dont

even think he had a plot to loose. get rid imo sooner rather than later.. sad i know but

he,s not done anything to stand out from the other numpties before.

Jesus wept!

Will we ever stop knee jerk reacting to a bad run? I was never a fan of the appointment, but Portsmouth are a good side. Terrible result, but are you really suggesting sacking a new manager 11 games in, it's fucking childish.

I'm made to feel like a total flip flopper, deriding him one minute and standing up for him the next, but the glass is never as full or as empty as people on here insist.

Jesus wept!

Will we ever stop knee jerk reacting to a bad run? I was never a fan of the appointment, but Portsmouth are a good side. Terrible result, but are you really suggesting sacking a new manager 11 games in, it's fucking childish.

I'm made to feel like a total flip flopper, deriding him one minute and standing up for him the next, but the glass is never as full or as empty as people on here insist.

I can cope with bad results due to poor form, bad luck, injuries, bad refs, but the last two defeats have been down to incompetence from the manager in my opinion.

Jesus wept!

I can cope with bad results due to poor form, bad luck, injuries, bad refs, but the last two defeats have been down to incompetence from the manager in my opinion.

I agree, but you never said we should get rid.

As average as I think BS is, and as wrong as he's got his tactics in a few games, I like to think he'll manage to pull enough results out of the bag to keep us happy, especially once Viduka is fit and he has a striker strong enough to fit his long ball preference.

Incompetance is bit strong there jimbo i think.

hes clearly still trying to find his best 11 players before we come up against the bigger teams in the hope of taking points off them.

in the meantime, as its not in his nature to field an 'adventurous' team and the fact that theres not really a creative central midfielder means were gonna drop points.

i'm not happy with some our results this season but i still were ultimately going in the right direction.

I find football management strange. There is this big merry go round of managers who no matter how badly they perform will get a very well paid job somewhere. Now I am not saying BS is that far from it. He has shown he can manage. I want to give him time because I do not want us to go down the route of hire and fire continuously as we have in the past. However I hate this whole football mentality of give him time give him time. We have seen enough incompetence at NUFC for the fans to be completely sick of giving people time. And I sympathise with them. I am afraid we are a poison chalice at the moment. A big team sort of with money behind us but because of shocking management a fanbase with the patience of a rattlesnake with toothache. I guess what I am saying is I don't know what to do.

I'm with HF. It's going to be a long and rocky road to get us back into the top four or five.

In all honesty we need a midfield to even make top 6, not just a defence (although not even that today) and a hopeful hoof.

As things are I can see a lot of this summers buys being replaced sooner or later.

I can't imagine Mike Ashley will have much in the way of patience, if he's the money man he appears to be he's going to want results and performance that will bring in the money and he's not getting that at the moment.

I find football management strange. There is this big merry go round of managers who no matter how badly they perform will get a very well paid job somewhere. Now I am not saying BS is that far from it. He has shown he can manage. I want to give him time because I do not want us to go down the route of hire and fire continuously as we have in the past. However I hate this whole football mentality of give him time give him time. We have seen enough incompetence at NUFC for the fans to be completely sick of giving people time. And I sympathise with them. I am afraid we are a poison chalice at the moment. A big team sort of with money behind us but because of shocking management a fanbase with the patience of a rattlesnake with toothache. I guess what I am saying is I don't know what to do.

Drink - there's yer answer mate. It'll never let you down.

Wish I could I am at work

Wish I could I am at work

I'll have one for you then :lol:

So we get a few wins at home and loose to lower teams away then get stuffed by a team that on paper shouldnt be anywhere near us. Is this progress, are we playing better football?. Our defence is poor, we have no creativity and dont play our best strikers together. Honeymoon period over, BS needs to deliver or BM will step in with a replacement, Jose?

What utter fucking bollocks.

Which Pompy players would you put in the team ahead of ours then, I will say Campbell and possibly Johnson. Obviously you know better so let me know

Which Pompy players would you put in the team ahead of ours then, I will say Campbell and possibly Johnson. Obviously you know better so let me know

Campbell

Johnson

Benjani

Anyways you said "shouldn't be anywhere near us", which implies that we are far superior to them.

No wonder some people think we are deluded mongos.

Benjani :lol:

If we had signed him pre season BS would have been slaughtered, He`s scored a few goals granted but I wouldnt have him over Owen or Oba. I stand by my comment based on the players we have we should be doing a lot better than teams like Pompy,Blackburn & Everton

If we had signed him pre season BS would have been slaughtered, He`s scored a few goals granted but I wouldnt have him over Owen or Oba. I stand by my comment based on the players we have we should be doing a lot better than teams like Pompy,Blackburn & Everton

When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality.

-Joe Paterno

Both Blackburn and Everton have better players than us in virtually every posistion tbh

I too was a fan of Big Sam when he was first appointed. To an extent I still am, I still have hope, but hoofing long balls all game to a pair of midgets whilst they are defended against by two giants is just piss poor tactics. It's the second game running that this has happened and I'm just sick of it.

It shows we lack pace, movement and creativity in midfield, and it shows Big Sam is unwilling to adapt to the players he has (or doesn't have ie.Mark Viduka-yet we still hoof the ball into Owen).

I don't want to go singling out players but we have nothing in the centre midfield who can thread balls at the minute or the very least have a 70% completed pass ratio, and we have nothing on the right side by way of pace and crossing ability. We are a team that can be easily defended against and to rely on Viduka to fix things up is hoping that rain will fall in the Sahara.

As for the defence, here's hoping Cacapa has an excuse like sleep deprivation or wearing the wrong boots because he brought up bad memories of when Boumsong was at the club. I would have thought Cacapa would have constantly had to defend against players like Benjani when he was playing in the French League.

You better be researching some player recruits Sam, and they better not be more sluggish fucking DM's-come-defenders!

Edited by Ken

we need a powerful and athletic frontman who is great in the air, someone like Kenwyne Jones would be perfect judging by what I've seen of him this season. A bit more pace on the wing would be welcome, maybe that geezer Giles Barnes, that lad has a bit of magic and pace. Our side is so one-paced, especially when the likes of Smith, Milner, Geremi, Barton and Butt are in the midfield or attack. Pace is an important factor in what seperates the top sides from the rest IMO.