Your Team Selection...

Noelie

Mine would be;

....................................Given(if he's fit) Harper if he's not.

.........Beye.............Rozenhal.........Faye................Enrique

......Geremi..............Barton..............Emre..............N'Zogbia

...............................Owen .............Martins(or Viduka if he's fit)

Subs.

Milner

Smith

Cacapa

Yaylor

Foster

I understand Geremi started out his career as a right winger.

-------------------------Harper(given out 3 weeks)----------

-----Geremi---------Rozy---------Cacapa---------Enrique---

------------------ -Faye-------------------------------------

-----------Emre------------Barton-----------------------------

-----------Oba------------Viduka-------------------Zoggy----

Bench

Beye

Owen

Taylor

Milner

Smith

I want to see Geremi play at RB, I would keep the faith with Cacapa as he has been our best defender so far, Faye would offer protection in front of the back 4, Emre and Barton to add a much needed attacking option from midfield, the quality of Zog, the pace of Oba and the strength of Viduka will cause problems, we bloody need to after our previous toothless displays. BS needs to give Oba some games or he will be fooking off in Jan I think

Edited by jaythesouthernmag

Given (if fit)

Beye Cacapa Rozenthal Enrique

Milner Butt Emre N'Zogbia

Owen Viduka (if fit)

Harps for Given and Martins for Viduka if they're not ready.

Like Jay, I'm willing to give Cacapa the chance to redeem himself.

I'd leave Barton out because he doesn't look fit and sharp enough to me after his lay-off, reckon he needs a couple of reserves games.

Given (if fit)

Owen Viduka (if fit)

I'd leave Barton out because he doesn't look fit and sharp enough to me after his lay-off, reckon he needs a couple of reserves games.

Butt's serving a ban. Which is a shame because we'll desparately miss his strength in a blood and guts derby.

I'd start Taylor simply for his passion. Got sick of him yesterday mind, the crowd were loving him but he was constantly out of position and slow to get back, he set up their third and as good as scored the 4th himself, yet the fans were still lauding him. Owen on the other hand made our goal and made (Mr 100%) Smith look like a bystander but all he heard all afternoon was chants for Martins (who later in the game just stood and stared at a very similar deflection owen had latched on to).

Edited by Happy Face

Given (if fit)

Owen Viduka (if fit)

Butt's serving a ban. Which is a shame because we'll desparately miss his strength in a blood and guts derby.

Balls, I'd forgotten about that.

I think we'll need a strong presence in the centre of the park but I've not really seen Faye play there and some of his passing was terrible yesterday.

Given

Taylor Faye Rozehnal Enrique

Martins Viduka

Subs

Harper

Cacapa

Barton ( not in team because still not match fit)

Owen ( still off the pace needs to work on fitness)

Germi

I think we should stick with the back four till christmas so they can work together and develop as a team

:lol: I'm just joking y'knaa. I'm trying to lighten the mood after yesterday.

Give Ower. Really?

Nah, Cacapa's confidence will be shattered after yesterday and it will do him no favours to include him in such a high-profile game.

I thought Taylor was great in between being at fault for the 3rd and 4th goals, which essentially means he had a shite game really.

I think he made some cracking tackles, but I get annoyed by his showy performances that ignore the basics.

Check this out from ther Telegraph site....

taylorfb5.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...4/sfgnew104.xml

Nicky Butt did less attacking than him. Cacapa's getting all the blame (deserves most of it) but I think Taylors wandering really stretches the defense when he's struggling to get back.

I thought Taylor was great in between being at fault for the 3rd and 4th goals, which essentially means he had a shite game really.

I think he made some cracking tackles, but I get annoyed by his showy performances that ignore the basics.

taylorfb5.jpg

Nicky Butt did less attacking than him. Cacapa's getting all the blame (deserves most of it) but I think Taylors wandering really stretches the defense when he's struggling to get back.

I think I can excuse that yesterday. Like I said he was to blame for two of their goals so I'm not defending his performance overall. However, as he was playing at RB and we were 3-0 down after 10 minutes or whatever there was a strong emphasis on him to 'bomb on' and get forward as often as possible. He did that yesterday a lot more than Enrique did. Quite why we were playing 4 at the back, especially after Enrique went off, when they had one upfront more or less is another matter.

taylorfb5.jpg

I think I can excuse that yesterday. Like I said he was to blame for two of their goals so I'm not defending his performance overall. However, as he was playing at RB and we were 3-0 down after 10 minutes or whatever there was a strong emphasis on him to 'bomb on' and get forward as often as possible. He did that yesterday a lot more than Enrique did. Quite why we were playing 4 at the back, especially after Enrique went off, when they had one upfront more or less is another matter.

That's fair enough, though I do think the majority of our success (if you can call it that) was down the left.

All the "one Steven Taylor!" stuff just got my back up when three of their four goals came from the left. No wonder Anal pushes the Geordie hero stuff when the crowd seem to lap that shit up.

Swap Geremi for Milner and you have my team

Fuck knows why after his abysmal showing yesterday. Glen Johnson didnt have to break sweat. The kid is piss poor this season and was hardly a world beater last time.

Cacapa (or Rozenahl), Faye (needed to combat Jones), Beye, Enrique

Geremi, Barton, Smith, N'Zogbia

Martins or Owen, Viduka

Not that I'm overly enamoured with that line up.

Swap Geremi for Milner and you have my team

Fuck knows why after his abysmal showing yesterday. Glen Johnson didnt have to break sweat. The kid is piss poor this season and was hardly a world beater last time.

Cacapa (or Rozenahl), Faye (needed to combat Jones), Beye, Enrique

Geremi, Barton, Smith, N'Zogbia

Martins or Owen, Viduka

Not that I'm overly enamoured with that line up.

You'd play Alan Smith? Not only that..you'd play him in midfield. :razz: