How well do you know your world ?

Jimbo

Second attempt Jimbo? - I'm sure your score went up from when I went off to do it :lol:

385486 (first go)

Nah, I realised i'd posted my score for level 10 rather than my over all score.

166k odd, wouldn't let me past level 6, too thick.

Managed to put the Seychelles on the wrong side of Africa, managed to put Montreal and Toronto in the middle of the fucking Arctic Tundra. "Special" mention: missing Thailand by 8,000 km.

Might try this a few times to improve my Geography!

Rob, you've posted the wrong score. Traveller's IQ: Through the roof. Plain old IQ: falling fast. :razz:

Yep, pretty shite here. 220K scored. Special mention to putting Ukraine somewhere in the middle of central Asia and something I cant remember just off Australia when it should have been south america...

Level 11. Africa knacked me like. Not much use simply knowing a place is somewhere in Africa.

Yep, was feck all use for me with East Timor, anyway.

Level 11. Africa knacked me like. Not much use simply knowing a place is somewhere in Africa.

:razz:

hey!

the wife's cousin is working there

I read atlases. :razz:

Is this common?

I've got an uncle whose kids bought him a collection of atlases (atli?) for christmas last year because the one he had was getting dog eared from being read in the bath and on the shitter.

:D

I loved looking at them as a kid. I still quite like looking at them now. I've got the Times one. Not the absolutely huge one that's about £150. The next one down, which is still pretty big - about 2 foot tall.

I loved looking at them as a kid. I still quite like looking at them now. I've got the Times one. Not the absolutely huge one that's about £150. The next one down, which is still pretty big - about 2 foot tall.

I don't even own one for reference, sounds as exciting as reading the dictionary....which I know some people do too though.

Canny cheap at Amazon, I didn't realise it had writing about the places in there :razz: . I might ask for it for christmas and see what the fuss is all about.

I don't even own one for reference, sounds as exciting as reading the dictionary....which I know some people do too though.

Canny cheap at Amazon, I didn't realise it had writing about the places in there :razz: . I might ask for it for christmas and see what the fuss is all about.

With the likes of google earth and local.live there hardly seems the need these days.

With the likes of google earth and local.live there hardly seems the need these days.

I've got a copy of this at home....

0007122772.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

And it weighs a fucking ton!!!!

Mr Jon Snow of Channel 4 News doesn't think so

"The Times Atlas is a total adventure. You can wallow, or you can target. It remains one of those prized possessions which even the age of the internet can never upstage. For me, it is a book for all seasons, all ages and all reasons."

Mr Jon Snow of Channel 4 News doesn't think so

"The Times Atlas is a total adventure. You can wallow, or you can target. It remains one of those prized possessions which even the age of the internet can never upstage. For me, it is a book for all seasons, all ages and all reasons."

He's clearly still on dial up

:razz: