Shearer hints at non-Magpies job

bawan

Newcastle United legend Alan Shearer has hinted his first job in club management may not be with his beloved Magpies.

Many feel the Premier League's highest scorer is destined to manage the North East giants, and sooner rather than later as well.

However, Sam Allardyce replaced Glenn Roeder back in May and Shearer hopes the former Bolton man has a long and successful tenure at St James' Park.

With Shearer hoping Allardyce succeeds at Newcastle, he has hinted he may need to garner experience elsewhere before accepting the Magpies post.

"I can't stop people talking in that manner, although I've never encouraged it," Shearer told the Daily Express on being a Newcastle manager in waiting.

"I understand why it's said - it's because of my connection with Newcastle. I love the football club.

"I think I will manage at some stage of my life. But it is not Newcastle or nothing for me.

"Sam Allardyce could be there for 10 years. I hope he is because that would mean he had been successful.

"But I am confident in saying that one day I will give it a go."

Anal of course picked up on these quotes

But the Chronicle’s information is that both Ashley and chairman Chris Mort want to keep Allardyce in charge as manager until Alan Shearer is ready to take over.

And we understand the United pair have made Shearer aware of this.