Bonfire Night

Magma

They don't celebrate it here. No one I asked knows why. I deduced it was because Guy Fawkes tried to kill James I and his grandson turned out to be the converted Catholic James II who got beat off King Billy at the Battle of the Boyne - hence neither 'side' has much to shout about over it.

They don't celebrate it here. No one I asked knows why. I deduced it was because Guy Fawkes tried to kill James I and his grandson turned out to be the converted Catholic James II who got beat off King Billy at the Battle of the Boyne - hence neither 'side' has much to shout about over it.

I'm surprised the 'Prods' don't celebrate it tbh. Fawkes and his cohorts were Catholics and their actions did more damage to Roman Catholocism in UK than anything else in the 17th century.

What's everybody doing?

The same thing I do the other 364 days of the year......finish work and go home :D

Fuck me, you get the overtime in don't you Craig !

:razz:

I'm surprised the 'Prods' don't celebrate it tbh. Fawkes and his cohorts were Catholics and their actions did more damage to Roman Catholocism in UK than anything else in the 17th century.

Aye but further down the blood line you have James II (a Catholic) aka the old pretender then Bonnie Prince Charlie (another left-footer).

Aye but further down the blood line you have James II (a Catholic) aka the old pretender then Bonnie Prince Charlie (another left-footer).

Which is why Prince Chuck will be George 7th (or whatever it is) instead of creating havoc in claiming to be KC III (as the Jacobytes claim B.P.Charlie is/was).

Apologies for this, peeps. I will waffle no more.

Which is why Prince Chuck will be George 7th (or whatever it is) instead of creating havoc in claiming to be KC III (as the Jacobytes claim B.P.Charlie is/was).

Bullshit. :razz:

Aye, I did here he would take the title King George. If he ever gets to be king that is.

Bullshit. :razz:

Naturally, Jonny, naturally :D:( Once a bullshitter..... :blush::blush:

:( trying to keep my dog under control as every time a firework goes off he goes ape-shit !!! Fuckin hate bonner night !!

Mine's locked in the cupboard under the stairs as I type. :razz:

Forgot to get him some sedatives from the pet shop and paid the price yesterday. Came in late from having Sunday lunch at my mam's house to find some quirky students setting off fireworks in the back lane. The fallout of this was Floyd had pissed himself and tried to dig his way out through the carpet (again), so I've now got a blood stained, piss smelling, passage carpet with a hole in it.

Hopefully moving in 6 months so I'm going to stick some wood flooring down for durability and cheapness :D

Edited by Wacky Jnr

:( trying to keep my dog under control as every time a firework goes off he goes ape-shit !!! Fuckin hate bonner night !!

Mine's locked in the cupboard under the stairs as I type. :razz:

Forgot to get him some sedatives from the pet shop and paid the price yesterday. Came in late from having Sunday lunch at my mam's house to find some quirky students setting off fireworks in the back lane. The fallout of this was Floyd had pissed himself and tried to dig his way out through the carpet (again), so I've now got a blood stained, piss smelling, passage carpet with a hole in it.

Hopefully moving in 6 months so I'm going to stick some wood flooring down for durability and cheapness :D

poor dog...what a shame :blush: Harry's not normally too bad but the fireworks are literally over the road so it's a bit too loud for him...I know where I want to stick the fucking rockets !!

:blush: trying to keep my dog under control as every time a firework goes off he goes ape-shit !!! Fuckin hate bonner night !!

Mine's locked in the cupboard under the stairs as I type. :D

Hopefully moving in 6 months so I'm going to stick some wood flooring down for durability and cheapness :(

poor dog...what a shame :blush: Harry's not normally too bad but the fireworks are literally over the road so it's a bit too loud for him...I know where I want to stick the fucking rockets !!

And you always said that hole was only for things to exit out of. :razz: