Melbourne Cup*

sammynb

important in OZ - not importnat anywhere else

Except when a british or irish horse is running!

EDit: by the way Purple Moon ran second so it was no stevieliketips :razz:

Edited by sammynb

Is it a Bank Holiday in Melbourne / Oz or does everyone just take the day off and get pissed anyway. Seemed like a good laugh when I was there.

Is it a Bank Holiday in Melbourne / Oz or does everyone just take the day off and get pissed anyway. Seemed like a good laugh when I was there.

Quite a few take the day off here in Perth and go down to Ascot and just get drunk as a skunk so basically they are taking 2 days off then.

Yes it is also a public holiday in Melbourne on that day as well. After all IT IS the race that stops a nation.....

Quite a few take the day off here in Perth and go down to Ascot and just get drunk as a skunk so basically they are taking 2 days off then.

Yes it is also a public holiday in Melbourne on that day as well. After all IT IS the race that stops a nation.....

What, unlike Bathurst?

What, unlike Bathurst?

Fuck Bathurst. Bathurst is the race that stops the bogan part of the nation.

What, unlike Bathurst?

Yep but if they moved it to Melbourne you'd be all over it wouldn't you radioactive boy?

By the way bogans only exist in Melbourne.

What, unlike Bathurst?

Yep but if they moved it to Melbourne you'd be all over it wouldn't you radioactive boy?

By the way bogans only exist in Adelaide.

FYP

What, unlike Bathurst?

By the way bogans only exist in Adelaide, which is now just another western suburb of Melbourne anyway.

FYP

Corrected for geographical accuracy.