Thursday's gossip column

khay

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Chelsea are in talks with 17-year-old Brazilian striker Lulinha - dubbed the new Ronaldinho - over an £8m move from Corinthians. (Independent)

Derby want to sign out-of-favour Celtic defender Bobo Balde in January. (Star)

Mexican keeper Guillermo Ochoa is keen on a £7m move to Manchester United. (Star)

Dimitar Berbatov's brother says the Bulgarian striker has "outgrown" Tottenham and wants to join Manchester United. (Sun)

Newcastle are considering an £8m bid for out-of-favour Villarreal midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme. (Sun)

The Magpies are also after £8m-rated Russia skipper Andrei Arshavin. (Mirror)

West Ham could bid £5m for Panathinaikos's Brazilian midfielder Marcelo. (Sun)

Atletico Madrid are hopeful of signing Manchester United defender Gerard Pique on loan in January ahead of a permanent deal. (Mirror)

Tell us your transfer rumours

OTHER GOSSIP

David Beckham could train with Watford as he bids to keep up his fitness ahead of England's upcoming games. (Mail)

Chelsea boss Avram Grant hauled his players in for an extra day's training on Wednesday following their 0-0 draw against Schalke. (Times)

Reading will make Nicky Shorey their highest-paid player to fend off interest from West Ham. (Star)

Ruud Gullit will be handed a multi-million dollar three-year contract to coach David Beckham's club LA Galaxy. (Telegraph)

Beckham's management company were involved in Gullit's recruitment and will supplement his wages. (Times)

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic is set to sign a new £60,000 a week contract. (Mail)

AND FINALLY

Cristiano Ronaldo has been told by the Manchester United's nutritionists to lay off the pies. The Portuguese winger admitted: "I dated a girl from Manchester and she showed me that steak pies and chips are very good." (Star)

Dimitar Berbatov's brother says the Spurs striker gets "grumpy" when he is not the "centre of attention and main man". (Sun)

What's good about Arshavin is his work-rate and versatility, can play on either wing, off a striker, or pulling the strings in the middle. He's like Milner but with pace and a better eye for a pass and captain of his country =) We are just crying out for more pace on the wing and more creativity and Arshavin would give us both. Until we hear Sam talking about him or Riquelme then I won't get my hopes up but fingers crossed...

Edited by bassplayerjj