Does anyone remember the Triffids?

sammynb

think ive got some being cultivated in my back yard.

If you recall they were farmed fro there oil! Kinda prophetic in an bio ethanol kinda way )

The way these damn looney scientists keep tinkering with genetics, we may not be so far away from a rogue creature like the triffids!!

Thought you were on about the film tbh.

It was a book first.

So that's a no?

That was 'The Day of the Triffids' smartarse :razz: By John Wyndham who also wrote 'Chocky'. Two classic tv series I remember from when I was a bairn too.

Thought you were on about the film tbh.

It was a book first.

So that's a no?

That was 'The Day of the Triffids' smartarse :razz: By John Wyndham who also wrote 'Chocky'. Two classic tv series I remember from when I was a bairn too.

Wasn't the film "Day of the Triffids" anarl?

I have to say the book and film came first, then the band (the Triffids were a 1980s Australian rock band ), then the TV series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Triffids

I have been trying to think of some songs by them and by colleague has been singing one called "Bury Me Deep In Love" but it didn't ring any bells!

I had nightmares about the Triffid's TV show!

So besides super7 no-one remembers the triffids?

And yes Bury me was probably their biggest hit, that album Calenture was their first on a major label.

How scary can oversize daffodills be? And how do they move?

They have stalks/legs and a poisonous sting. They cannot see yet they can sense when a human is nearby so can kill them. The only advantage a man has is his eyesight, heaven help those who fall blind.

• 1 month later...
Been listening to Born Sandy devotional.

Bear in mind in listenng to Robert Johnson now...

BSD has shite production but is still a good album :unsure:

Tom, it was 1985, everything had shite production.

It was produced by Gil Norton who produced a lot of Echo and the bunnymen's stuff and has worked with the foo fighters and maximo park (thought that might interest you).

Australian band from Perth.

Were quite successful in England and parts of Europe.

Thoughts?

not as good as the the one decent song the Hoodoo Gurus wrote but consistantly produced far better music tbh :unsure:

FYP

Australian band from Perth.

Were quite successful in England and parts of Europe.

Thoughts?

not as good as the the one decent song the Hoodoo Gurus wrote but consistantly produced far better music tbh ;)

FYP

what is regarding as the hoodoos one good song out of interest? not a slave to the mainstream media see :lol: