Allardyce: I need time

khay

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce insists he must be given time to 'wave his magic wand' at St James' Park.

Allardyce, who has had 11 Premier league games in charge at Newcastle since taking over in the summer, has come under the spotlight following an unimpressive start to his tenure.

The pressure grew on the Newcastle boss, who has been allocated the task of winning major silverware for the Magpies for the first time since the 1955 FA Cup, following last Saturday's 4-1 home defeat to Portsmouth.

Allardyce, though, is adamant he does not want to be heading for Newcastle's revolving managerial door having not been sacked since 1995.

Success

Newcastle face local rivals Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Saturday and Allardyce also believes the Wear-Tyne derby will be the ideal place to get back on track, but insists success will take time.

"I haven't been sacked since 1995 at Blackpool and I don't want to be fired again," said Allardyce.

"The game against Sunderland is massive. We want to win and I want my team to show who is the best in the North East.

"I have waved the magic wand before, but I'm not so sure I can wave the magic wand as quickly as they would like here. It is probably more volatile and more unacceptable than I expected.

Pressure

"My long-term is only going to be long-term if I get results. As good as Mike Ashley the owner and Chris Mort the chairman are, if I don't get results there is going to be pressure put on them, never mind me, so results are the name of the game.

"It will take three to five years to get this club where I want it to be. I will get that time if I win football matches. That is the bottom line. Keep winning and you keep getting there.

"Over the last three to four years this club has not done much anyway. This club has not had success for 50 years, apart from brief periods under (former Newcastle managers) Kevin Keegan and Sir Bobby Robson.

"It is not as if I am starting from getting the club into a position where it was before, or used to be when I first started. It is about progress. Instant is not sustainable."

Sky sports.

I can wait Sam. :razz:

I'm willing to give him time but for his part he has to stop coming out with statements which REALLY piss me off like saying draws at Derby and Reading would have been good results. Statements like that try my patience.

I'm willing to give him time but for his part he has to stop coming out with statements which REALLY piss me off like saying draws at Derby and Reading would have been good results. Statements like that try my patience.

In retrospect they would have been good results :razz: I agree though and I said before the way we're defending (or not defending) we may as well just have a go at teams away from home. Especially teams like that.

I think a draw away against Reading would have been a good result, however I felt we should have got a win against Derby.

If he wants time then he needs to start winning against inferior opposition, playing some decent football and picking players on form not reputation

I'd prefer him to get us playing some hard-to-beat type of football, mesel.

If he wants time then he needs to start winning against inferior opposition, playing some decent football and picking players on form not reputation

I'd prefer him to get us playing some hard-to-beat type of football, mesel.

The old 5-5-0.

That's pretty hard when the attitude is that there's only 4 teams better than us in the league.

That's pretty hard when the attitude is that there's only 4 teams better than us in the league.

Look at the players we have and there is no excuse for some of the drivel served up recently. We have the POTENTIAL to be a top six side and its Sam`s job to realise that potential and get the most out of everyone by selecting the right teams, right formations and playing the sort of football that will get us results NOT getting turned over by Derby,Reading and a royal thumping at home to Pompy.

I really want Sam to be a success but he isnt doing himself many favours at the moment and If Martins doesnt get a start on Saturday then he should expect some stick

Look at the players we have and there is no excuse for some of the drivel served up recently. We have the POTENTIAL to be a top six side and its Sam`s job to realise that potential and get the most out of everyone by selecting the right teams, right formations and playing the sort of football that will get us results NOT getting turned over by Derby,Reading and a royal thumping at home to Pompy.

I really want Sam to be a success but he isnt doing himself many favours at the moment and If Martins doesnt get a start on Saturday then he should expect some stick

Can't you see the irony though? Going on about the potential to be top 6, and moaning when we get beat by the team in 5th place?

For all we need to be patient some of the criticism is fair enough imo. And there's nothing 'ironic' about moaning when you get beat 4-1 at home off the 5th place side if you're aiming for top 6.

For all we need to be patient some of the criticism is fair enough imo. And there's nothing 'ironic' about moaning when you get beat 4-1 at home off the 5th place side if you're aiming for top 6.

Would Liverpool be moaning like this if they got beat at Anfield by Man U? Granted some decision by BSA are baffling but reducing it to 'we shouldn't get beat by Pompey' is a little bit arrogant.

Would Liverpool be moaning like this if they got beat at Anfield by Man U?

Yes they most certainly would, especially if it was 4-1, so I don't see your point.

Guest Patrokles
How much time does he want?

Mebbe the time he wants is time to find his magic wand which obviously has been lost, stolen, or hidden from sight.

Or doesn't exist, which is the entire point.

There are easily eight or nine better squads in the prem than ours. Expectations are ahead or reality at the moment.

Would Liverpool be moaning like this if they got beat at Anfield by Man U? Granted some decision by BSA are baffling but reducing it to 'we shouldn't get beat by Pompey' is a little bit arrogant.

:calmdown:

Are you fucking serious? Are you actually tring to tell me they would be going around saying "beat by Man U? fucking hell, we expect better!!!" Granted they might bleat like that, but quite rightly an impartial observer would slate them for being absolute TWATS.

Are you fucking serious? Are you actually tring to tell me they would be going around saying "beat by Man U? fucking hell, we expect better!!!" Granted they might bleat like that, but quite rightly an impartial observer would slate them for being absolute TWATS.

Of course they would, have you been following football long?

Would Liverpool fans be moaning if they got turned over by Man Utd at Anfield?! Jesus wept.

Of course they would, have you been following football long?

Would Liverpool fans be moaning if they got turned over by Man Utd at Anfield?! Jesus wept.

Fucking hell. Alright, would they be justified? Or should the home team always win, no matter what?