Sunderland v Newcastle

khay

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ameobi should watch Jones for a bit, he could learn a lot.

Jones has pace though, and an IQ of over 25.

he means his hairstyle :unsure:

That's Shola's sister that man at Eldon Leisure. :calmdown:

Considering the first half a draw is the best we can hope for.

Also Keane has as many new players as us with a similar lack of chance to gel - maybe they aren't as good but at least he gets them to play football.

Maybe by April we'll have a manager who can pick the right team, send them out with a plan, get them playing with passion, and playing football.

I don't care whether thats Allardyce or not.

We looked like we could've won it. Had a hell of a purple patch there for about 10 minutes after our equalizer and it seemed like we were sure to score.

Chances muffed:

Owen - brilliant control off the hoof from Harper, can't fault him for not scoring.

Owen - nonexistent foul called on him when he would've gone through.

Milner - blasted into outer space

Martins - offside at the last

We could've had it. I guess honours even is close enough though, especially considering their glaring misses and Chopra's shot off the underside of the bar. Better than losing to these sad bastards I suppose.

I do have a number of complaints though - Barton in particular was woeful and looked more like a thug than a footballer, Big Sam waited far too long to bring Martins on and took off the wrong player for him, and our defence looked as shaky as possible without totally collapsing.

I thought Faye was excellent, Rozenhal owes me new pair of pants after a few dodgy moments, why Martins was brought on for Owen and not Viduka I'll never know, I'm starting to find much of Allardyce's decision making somewhat questionable.

We looked like we could've won it. Had a hell of a purple patch there for about 10 minutes after our equalizer and it seemed like we were sure to score.

That was because Barton and Emre actually got the ball and started to play - we needed more than 5/10 mins of that.

Happy with a draw tbh.

They outplayed us in the 1st.

We outplayed them in the 2nd but Chopra could've won it for them.

thats allmost the maddest ive went for a goal like, nobody knew it was in :calmdown:

till like a second or two later

Good game. Not a bad performance

The more I see of future England captain © Steven Taylor the more I think he's a fucking liability. He was very lucky when he missed that header, fouled Jones then fucked up his header back to Harper. He was frequently caught out of position at RB too. He's so overrated it's untrue. I thought Faye did well, Emre was the only one in midfield trying to play football and Viduka had a canny game. N'Zogbia had some canny runs although defensively he was caught out on occasion. Owen was a bit unlucky although Martins should have had a longer run out. Barton and Smith were fucking wank. Again. Thank fuck for Milner. Fuckitty, fuck, fuck.

The more I see of future England captain © Steven Taylor the more I think he's a fucking liability. He was very lucky when he missed that header, fouled Jones then fucked up his header back to Harper. He was frequently caught out of position at RB too. He's so overrated it's untrue. I thought Faye did well, Emre was the only one in midfield trying to play football and Viduka had a canny game. N'Zogbia had some canny runs although defensively he was caught out on occasion. Owen was a bit unlucky although Martins should have had a longer run out. Barton and Smith were fucking wank. Again. Thank fuck for Milner. Fuckitty, fuck, fuck.

Allardyce seems obsessed with fitting in Smith and Barton even if its at the detriment of the team.

I slightly disagree on Barton - I thought in the last quarter of the game he started to look a bit like a footballer - I'm hoping that was a sign of things to come.

He was much better 2nd half like. That isn't saying a lot though.

I slightly disagree on Barton - I thought in the last quarter of the game he started to look a bit like a footballer - I'm hoping that was a sign of things to come.

He was much better 2nd half like. That isn't saying a lot though.

Oh yeah - first half was wank - I'm just desperate to take any positives.

:calmdown: @ Martins' touch there. Had no fucking idea he was offside and his touch was fucking dreadful. Am I the only one that sees this stuff?

No worse than Owen's when he managed to fuck up after N'Zogbia's cross.

Firstly, I haven't seen the game and, secondly, I could hardly listen to it on the radio - such was my nerves.

From what I can gather, Newcastle played pretty poor all over the park. Now, instead of slagging off all these individual players (which seems to be the case both on here and N-O), perhaps we should be looking towards the manager?? After all, aren't players simply representing the inspiration, enthusiasm and will to win of the manager?? Just a thought.

:calmdown: @ Martins' touch there. Had no fucking idea he was offside and his touch was fucking dreadful. Am I the only one that sees this stuff?

I find Owen's poor touches to be less.....incessant.

unlike your moans about martins

Yep. Or your moans about every fucking thing else.

Yep. Or your moans about every fucking thing else.

there you go again - moaning about my moaning.