Derby Countdown: Toon Chief To Join Geordie Fans

khay

Derby Countdown: Toon Chief To Join Geordie Fans

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United owner Mike Ashley will join ranks with the Toon Army on Saturday as he dons his black and white colours and watches the big Tyne-Wear derby from the away end at the Stadium of Light.

Mr Ashley has been seen sporting his United shirt in the directors' box at the majority of Magpies matches so far this season having taken control of the club during the summer.

But, with Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn this week stating that it was against club policy for away team's colours to be worn in executive areas, Newcastle chairman Chris Mort has confirmed that Mr Ashley will join the Geordie fans to cheer on Big Sam's boys.

"Niall Quinn and I have had some very constructive conversations on this topic," said Mr Mort.

"He understands Mike wants to wear his shirt for this game more than any other, but at the same time Mike doesn't want to cause anyone at Sunderland any problems by doing so.

"Mike has decided to watch the game in with our fans behind the goal, and he is very much looking forward to doing so."

From .couk

:razz:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to make of this.

If it's true, he's in for a hell of a shock; to sit amongst the real fans for such a game will be a hell of an eye opener for him!!

I hope he's not sitting next to too many mongs - though he'll probably be surrounded by 'security' no doubt.

If it's true, he's in for a hell of a shock; to sit amongst the real fans for such a game will be a hell of an eye opener for him!!

I hope he's not sitting next to too many mongs - though he'll probably be surrounded by 'security' no doubt.

That big black lad who's usually with him is his hired muscle, isn't he?

there goes another 10 or so tickets that we could of had - instead of his cronies

That big black lad who's usually with him is his hired muscle, isn't he?

No, he is the marketing director.

Guest Patrokles

Just because he has money doesn't mean he's not a real fan, or as passionate, or didn't spend younger days in the terraces.

Just because he has money doesn't mean he's not a real fan, or as passionate, or didn't spend younger days in the terraces.

Unlikely he'll be starting any "sack the board" chants mind :calmdown:

Emmmm,

where did he magic the seat from? on the logic this was well sold out before he made the decision then there wont be any seats?

:calmdown: fuck! what happens if hes sat next to Stevie???? he'll rip him apart for being a part time glory hunting southern bastard.

Guest Patrokles

Unlikely he'll be starting any "sack the board" chants mind :calmdown:

After only 12 games, they wouldn't be "real" fans either. :unsure:

if he was a real Newcastle fan he'd have worn the shirt and been thrown out of the executive area!

fucking no nowt pansy southern bastards

there goes another 10 or so tickets that we could of had - instead of his cronies

Tbf given that he owns the club I don't think we can begrudge him a few tickets.

Regardless of where he spent his youth, or how passionate he is, he has never experienced being in amongst Newcastle fans (or Sunlun fans tbh as they're pretty much the same as us) whilst in enemy territory.

I trust you don't think being in amongst our own supporters for a derby game, in sunlun, is quite the same as a normal match ??

I hope he doesn't turn into one of the kneejerk fans we often see on the forums.

Fair play to him though.

Hmmmm, how can the super fans insult him? He's obviously a post-Sky boy and far from being a Keegan bandwaggon jumper, so what can they call him ??? :calmdown:

EDIT: I only hope he knows who John Anderson is :unsure:

Edited by snakehips