Derby Countdown: Toon Chief To Join Geordie Fans

khay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feels like he's trying to bring the club back to more familiar roots, taking away the us & them mentality that surrounds premiership teams. Still think its a risk putting a billionaire owner in amongst a bunch of away fans at the most hostile fixture of the season. Quinny said that the Police werent happy with him going into the corporate with his shirt on - likely to rouse a few prawn sandwiches, however, i would have thought they would be even less happy with this arrangement!

:calmdown: fuck! what happens if hes sat next to Stevie???? he'll rip him apart for being a part time glory hunting southern bastard.

"What's your postcode? Come on, what is it? I bet you've got mackem mates ye like"

Tbh whatever he chooses to do he's damned. Give him a break, his motives for doing this were probably genuine, as someone has said, he is allowed to love his club just as much as the fan on the street. Why shouldnt he stand with real fans without people thinking its purely a PR stunt? He's seem a very normal down to earth chap for all his money.

Edited by Toonraider

Tbh whatever he chooses to do he's damned. Give him a break, his motives for doing this were probably genuine, as someone has said, he is allowed to love his club just as much as the fan on the street. Why shouldnt he stand with real fans without people thinking its purely a PR stunt? He's seem a very normal down to earth chap for all his money.

well said :calmdown:

trying a bit too hard?

I don't doubt that incidents such as this, him buying a round in Blu Bambu etc. are all done with PR in mind.

I think you both have him completely wrong on this one. I reckon he deserves all the accolades he can get for sitting in amongst the fans - especially for such a game.

Good luck to the guy, I say.

trying a bit too hard?

I don't doubt that incidents such as this, him buying a round in Blu Bambu etc. are all done with PR in mind.

I think you both have him completely wrong on this one. I reckon he deserves all the accolades he can get for sitting in amongst the fans - especially for such a game.

He took a lot of the media focus off our players in the build up to the match, no bad thing in my opinion.

trying a bit too hard?

I don't doubt that he wants to experience the craic with the "real" fans but at the same time he's a very clever guy and knows what the PR effect will be.

trying a bit too hard?

I don't doubt that he wants to experience the craic with the "real" fans but at the same time he's a very clever guy and knows what the PR effect will be.

True and it's not like you're a cynic or anything.

Edited by alex