Scum-1-1 Toon

José Enrique-6.3 mill

David Rozehnal-2.3 mill

Emre-3.8 mill

Barton-5.5

Martins-10 mill

Owen 16 mill~

Smith-6 mill

And we can't even beat the shit above? Thank fuck Big Sam never got the England job.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes is the better manager in my opinion, but I'm not calling for Sam's head.

yet.

I agree but considering the next few games I can see the pressure growing.

This "best start for years" has been achieved with fixtures against 1 possibly 2 half decent teams at most (Pompey/Man C)

yet.

This "best start for years" has been achieved with fixtures against 1 possibly 2 half decent teams at most (Pompey/Man C)

I think on the whole, the matches we have won are matches we should have won, and the matches we have lost you can argue are matches we should have got something from, not overly impressed at all so far.

yet.

I think on the whole, the matches we have won are matches we should have won, and the matches we have lost you can argue are matches we should have got something from, not overly impressed at all so far.

I have to say I was slightly "fooled" by the competence of the pre-season - probably as a reaction to the difference to Roeder/Souness but now the original doubts I had about style are starting to bang on the doors in my mind.

I think he needs a good transfer window to get anything worthwhile out of this season.

yet.

I have to say I was slightly "fooled" by the competence of the pre-season - probably as a reaction to the difference to Roeder/Souness but now the original doubts I had about style are starting to bang on the doors in my mind.

I think he needs a good transfer window to get anything worthwhile out of this season.

I'm sure big money will be spent in January, which will either give Allardyce some breathing space or provide our ambitious owner an excuse to bring in his own man.

I'm willing to write this season off, but then my opinion isn't really relevant seeing as I haven't spent hundreds of pounds to watch us play awful football. Still though, I really believe Allardyce can build something if he's given time. Replacing him with someone like Hughes would change nothing.

I'm willing to write this season off, but then my opinion isn't really relevant seeing as I haven't spent hundreds of pounds to watch us play awful football. Still though, I really believe Allardyce can build something if he's given time. Replacing him with someone like Hughes would change nothing.

I think I've said before that a "write-off" sounds okay until you have to watch it - or spend 10 minutes shitting yourself when you're 1-0 down to the Mackems.

I work with a Blackburn fan who gets to a few games - he insists they play really good football - thats ones difference.

I think I've said before that a "write-off" sounds okay until you have to watch it - or spend 10 minutes shitting yourself when you're 1-0 down to the Mackems.

I work with a Blackburn fan who gets to a few games - he insists they play really good football - thats ones difference.

Hughes spent three years at Rovers, Sam came here in May, thats a difference too.

I know, that's why I said I'm not really in the best position to comment, I'm sure I'd feel differently if I'd spent £600 on a season ticket. Clearly, something has to change - we should at least try to win games instead of playing for draws against inferior teams. But I really don't think replacing Allardyce with someone like Hughes, who would need a season or two himself, bring in his own players etc., would put us in a better position. Allardyce has shown that, if given time, he can make a club successful.

Edited by Bombadil

I was thinking about this last night, and came to the conclusion that I don't reckon Allardyce is the man to take us where we want to be i.e. top four. I wouldn't expect anything from him for two seasons anyway, but I just can't see him taking us to the top. Having said that, it is only my opinion. Like everyone else, I don't know for certain how things will pan out so I will not be calling for his head, and I will be giving him 100% support until he either proves me completely wrong (I hope these fears can be rammed down my throat in years to come) or sadly proves me right. His 'success' at Bolton was playing a style of football that was tailored to a small club punching above their weight and taking on the big boys. At Newcastle, I think we are entitled to think we should be set up to attack other teams instead of trying to hold on and not be beaten.

As I said, despite my doubts I will not be calling for his head.

I understand the frustration of other fans, but at the beginning of the season we all said the new man needed time. We're still in the top half of the table, nobody seems to know what our 1st team is and it's costing us, but all in all we're in the imddle of a rebuilding process. It's fucking typical that some idiots are calling for the head of the best manager we've had since Robson. This doesn't mean he's the man to take us to a title, but I wholeheartedly believe he'll be the man to lay the foundations for the man who takes us to challenging again. He needs time and to call for his head after a 1/4 of the season is fucking stupid and no great surprise.

I'm amazed no-one is calling for Ashley's head yet.

I appreciate that it's all well and good for people who don't go to the game to call for patience and perspective, it's entirely different for the people lucky enough to get to each game. I'm not saying "write off" the season, just accept that Rome was not built in a day, neither was Earth or Man U or Arsenal or any other lasting thing.

Knee-jerk-itis is rampant these days.

i wouldn;t advocate getting rid of sam but some of his selections are starting to grate.

smith in centre midfield - why?

barton at right mid - eh?

milner on the left and n'zogbia at left back - you tell me.

taylor at right back - meh.

i wouldn;t advocate getting rid of sam but some of his selections are starting to grate.

smith in centre midfield - why? I think he did a decent job of looking after Kenwyn Jones for large portions of the game, brkoke up a lot of their attacks, but was not creative in any way shape or form. I understand the desire to have someone on Jone's shoulder all game, but I worry that it was at the cost of our own football

barton at right mid - eh? Don't really understand this beyond Big Sam wanting combative midfielders across the centre of the pitch, thought he was poor, gave the ball away needlessly and brought a lot of pressure down our right hand side

milner on the left and n'zogbia at left back - you tell me. I don't understand this other than perhaps using Charlie's premiership experience instead of Jose's more natural left back....ness :calmdown: I'd have played Charlie wide left through the game as their right back looked suss all game and Harte would have been put on his arse by the Zog time and again.

taylor at right back - meh. I think this is another case of putting experience ahead of familiarity, Beye has looked a little off the premiership pace and Taylor has played that position at this level in this boiling pot atmosphere before.

Sam's only still got a job because of what he did with Bolton the lucky fuck,Lets face it we haven't been playing good football for a while now.If we don't get anything in our next 4 games it'll be curtains for the big man.

He's still got a job because it's 12 games into the season and up until we played Reading people were reasonably happy apart from the match against Derby, they put the team selections down to him finding his feet.

Sam's only still got a job because of what he did with Bolton the lucky fuck,Lets face it we haven't been playing good football for a while now.If we don't get anything in our next 4 games it'll be curtains for the big man.

wind your neck in man.

you know that we're in the middle of an overhaul, you've got to be a special kind of retard to think yet another managerial change would do anything but that overhaul back a year.

fuck sake man, can't you see that? :calmdown: