The offical Big Sam out..Hughes in

duckerDavies

Sam's only still got a job because of what he did with Bolton the lucky fuck,Lets face it we haven't been playing good football for a while now.If we don't get anything in our next 4 games it'll be curtains for the big man.

You reckon sacking the manager in the autumn isn't destabilising to the club? Your surname isn't Shepherd is it?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

The difference here is that he's shown he can do it at Bolton, whereas Roeder and Souness had poor track records. The other fact is that his scientific method isn't going to be established in a day. He's rehauling the whole club, and given that he places as much importance as the behind the scenes aspects, I feel we should let him establish those before fully judging him.

The other fact is that his scientific method isn't going to be established in a day. He's rehauling the whole club, and given that he places as much importance as the behind the scenes aspects, I feel we should let him establish those before fully judging him.

I was sick of hearing about his 'scientific method' before he even got to Newcastle. It consists entirely of a bit of plastic in his lug and ignoring the Opta stats.

"OK lads i've sat on high and postulated and my conclusion is....Hoof it!"

Newcastle 1-4 Portsmouth- :calmdown:

Reading 2-1 Newcastle :unsure:

Man City 3-1 Newcastle :)

Derby 1-0 Newcastle :icon_lol::(

Scum-1-1 Toon

We only won one of those games last year.

We're doing better this year.

The stick that Shepherd (rightly) got for sacking managers at the wrong time was sanctioned by a group of arseholes like you who insist we're Barcelona.

Guest Patrokles
The other fact is that his scientific method isn't going to be established in a day. He's rehauling the whole club, and given that he places as much importance as the behind the scenes aspects, I feel we should let him establish those before fully judging him.

I was sick of hearing about his 'scientific method' before he even got to Newcastle. It consists entirely of a bit of plastic in his lug and ignoring the Opta stats.

I was referring to the backroom staff and hi-tech training facilities, which is nothing to do with coaching.

I was referring to the backroom staff and hi-tech training facilities, which is nothing to do with coaching.

How long should it take him to establish the backroom staff he wants and implement 'hi-tech training' (whatever that means).

He's been here 6 months and he's still got 95% of Roeder's set-up.

Newcastle 1-4 Portsmouth- :unsure:

Reading 2-1 Newcastle :)

Man City 3-1 Newcastle :icon_lol:

Derby 1-0 Newcastle :( :(

Scum-1-1 Toon

The stick that Shepherd (rightly) got for sacking managers at the wrong time was sanctioned by a group of arseholes like you who insist we're Barcelona.

:calmdown: Quality line.

If BS wants to insist on playing Owen up top then he needs to set up the team to play to Owens strengths, It`s no good hoofing the ball up top and hoping Viduka will win the headers and hold the ball up like Shearer used to cos he cant. Vidukas strenghth is with the ball at his feet, He will win some arial battles but not enough to warrent this style of play.

We need to pass on the deck, move the ball quickly and get quality balls into the box and with the players we have I dont think that should be a problem but it seems to be.

Everyone with a hole in their arse can see Zoggy is the best option on the left wing so BS plays him on the right wing or at LB :calmdown:

As much as I dont rate Milner he`s the only option on the right wing, we need two wide players if we are going to play this 4-4-2

We know that Vid/Owen are going to be his first choice strike force while leaving the top scorer on the bench

So the question is simple there two spots available in CM so he needs to choose either Butt,Geremi,Barton,Emre or Smith to fill these roles rather than shoe-horning people in at the expense of the team.

Just a final thought, as we are lacking pace and drive in midfield why not try Oba in a Dyer type attacking midfield role, as much as I hated Dyer we seem to be missing what he had

So I dont know about changing manager but I do know the manager needs to change his tactics

Edited by jaythesouthernmag

As I've said before, it's not the results so much as the odd team selections that's worrying me. If we were keeping clean sheets I'd be more accepting of his buys but we're leaking goals. Every team needs creativity and we didn't replace Nobby or Dyer...asking for trouble IMO.

I'm not saying sack the guy ffs but I'm a bit disappointed so far.

it was sam that lost us the game against reading, not the defense imo.

His team selection and tactics were totally inept. He made a mediocre attempt at a defensive line up, and got the rewards of indecision.

For a defensive team, why play barton in midfield?? Was a chronic strategy. He should have gone for reading jugular from the start, they were low on confidence going into the game.

However kitsons` goal was a class finish, hard to compensate for.

The portmouth and mackem games dont worry me. I think the lack of team morale resulted from the reading loss, which showed how weak big sam can be in his thinking.

Could be some trauma, in the next few weeks!

Newcastle 1-4 Portsmouth- :unsure:

Reading 2-1 Newcastle :)

Man City 3-1 Newcastle :icon_lol:

Derby 1-0 Newcastle :( :(

Scum-1-1 Toon

:calmdown: Quality line.

Hear Hear, another change of manager is the best thing we can hope for in our quest to become a national joke. Stability breeds success, i mean ferguson was not exactly mega successful at Man U in his first season and they stuck with him to let his changes and devoplment move forward, and nothing Hughes has done impresses me anyway.

If Sam moves on through unnecessary pressure before the end of next season i will be disappointed.

There's some right fucking spastics on this board.

I think I may have to find the thread which contained quotes from Big Sam about how this season was going to be difficult and he needs time. IIRC nearly everyone in that thread agreed that we've got to get behind the team and BSA this season.

Anyone who wants Sam out now is a muppet. End of.

Anyone who wants Sam out now is a muppet. End of.

I think there's only a couple that do tbf.

My biggest worry (even above the wingers being played out of position) is how much more vocal that contingent will be after the next three games. I'm sure given a 1980's media we'd have no trouble giving BS whatever time he needs and we'd see a climb. As soon as the media get the idea fans are discontent they hammer it 24/7. Once the players get wind a manager has the noose round his neck it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Look at Martin Jol, sacked during the game and the fans were chanting his name all through the second half.

Why the fuck does he need time? I can understand the team needing time to get used to all the new players/tatics and such but that should of passed by now.

Everyone keeps saying how we have a world class manager good anuff for England and lala but if Sven's considered a "Failure" due to World cup and euro knock outs Big sam has no fucking chance.

Look at Man city haven't they had more new players then us? Yet they play good Football and are in the top 4? We have a far better squad then them yet even when we win we look shit.

Judging by the Spurs result it hasn't took Ramos long too.

---------------------------------------------

Edit.

When we we're getting beat by Derby and Portsmouth Big Sam looked fucking clueless,Yesterday he was clueless and the first 11 have been for a while now,Bringing Martins on for the last 5 minutes yesterday was a total pisstake we are we always going for draws against teams that we should win easily?

Edited by duckerDavies

Why the fuck does he need time? I can understand the team needing time to get used to all the new players/tatics and such but that should of passed by now.

Everyone keeps saying how we have a world class manager good anuff for England and lala but if Sven's considered a "Failure" due to World cup and euro knock outs Big sam has no fucking chance.

Look at Man city haven't they had more new players then us? Yet they play good Football and are in the top 4? We have a far better squad then them yet even when we win we look shit.

Aye, cos Jol getting them into Europe 2 years running had been shite hadn't he? Ramos has won 2 games though so he must be a better manager.

I don't think Allardyce needs time to actually sort things out, I think we're playing the football he's had all his teams play, just a six minute period of stupidity at home has got people up in arms. I think he needs time to be judged over a season rather than after 3 bad results.

EDIT: Actually 2 bad results and one perfectly acceptable draw.

Edited by Happy Face

---------------------------------------------

Edit.

When we we're getting beat by Derby and Portsmouth Big Sam looked fucking clueless,Yesterday he was clueless and the first 11 have been for a while now,Bringing Martins on for the last 5 minutes yesterday was a total pisstake we are we always going for draws against teams that we should win easily?

Are you for real mate? His time to get used to all the new players/tactics should have passed by now? This isn't championship manager, it's real fucking life. You don't download training schedules and formations off the internet and everything works ok. Have a word with yourself man.

I like the way Ramos is an instant success at Spurs btw on the basis of one or two games and Allardyce a failure at Newcastle on the basis of 12. :calmdown: When they talk about people these days having the "MTV attention span", they're talking about you aren't they? :unsure:

The point on Ramos is stupid but I notice you avoid the Sven one.

I also made the point yesterday about Keane's team being just as much strangers. They may have 8 less points than us but have actually played good teams.

I also made the point yesterday about Keane's team being just as much strangers. They may have 8 less points than us but have actually played good teams.

Sven is a better manager than Allardyce. I don't see the relevance of that though.

Sven is a better manager than Allardyce. I don't see the relevance of that though.

Its surely about degrees though. Theres nothing wrong with what Gemmill says about trying things and it taking time in theory but the fact that other managers have the same issues and are doing said tinkering with better results in terms of results and style then I think its worth stating that I expect better from someone who is supposed to be that good.

I would add that I see "giving him time" as two streams - yes he should be judged over a seasons or more work but so many day to day mistakes should be eligible for judgement just as much.

Edited by NJS