Is Sam the man ?

Jimbo

The Big Sam Vote  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been impressed.

There's a surprise.

Perhaps I should be more like you and be ignorant to the current problems at the club.

Can you expand on what I'm "ignorant" to please?

Your comment suggests you think I moan about things and that I'm never impressed with anything the club has done, which in truth I'm not because we're a fucking shambles and have been for a few years now, by accusing me of never being happy suggests you're ignorant to the problems the club has.

There's a surprise.

Perhaps I should be more like you and be ignorant to the current problems at the club.

Your comment suggests you think I moan about things and that I'm never impressed with anything the club has done, which in truth I'm not because we're a fucking shambles and have been for a few years now, by accusing me of never being happy suggests you're ignorant to the problems the club has.

You must see that further upheaval in the managerial and coaching positions would simply prolong this shambles?

surely?

There's a surprise.

You must see that further upheaval in the managerial and coaching positions would simply prolong this shambles?

surely?

I'd settle for a manager that can at least play his chosen XI in the correct positions, we don't seem to have that at the moment, and starts matches with the mind-set to win rather than play for a draw, that would be progress.

There's a surprise.

surely?

I agree, I haven't said we should sack him now though, just that I'm not impressed so far and that replacing him with Hughes would be a sideways step..

There's a surprise.

That's a bit of a leap isn't it? Where is the correlation between you being an impatient misery-guts and any understanding I might have of the goings-on at the club?

There's a surprise.

surely?

I agree, I haven't said we should sack him now though, just that I'm not impressed so far and that replacing him with Hughes would be a sideways step..

seen the league table lately ?

There's a surprise.

surely?

I think he said that tbf.

I'd settle for a manager that can at least play his chosen XI in the correct positions, we don't seem to have that at the moment, and starts matches with the mind-set to win rather than play for a draw, that would be progress.

I honestly believe that Big Sam hasn't had chance to play his first 11 down to injuries and suspensions.

as an aside, what would your first 11 be?

There's a surprise.

That's a bit of a leap isn't it? Where is the correlation between you being an impatient misery-guts and any understanding I might have of the goings-on at the club?

Maybe I'm wrong, if I am I apologise, perhaps you could tell me what things you think I've moaned about without justification?

Unless you meant something else by your comment towards me.

I honestly believe that Big Sam hasn't had chance to play his first 11 down to injuries and suspensions.

playing players in their correct positions would be a start.

something like:

-----------------given

beye-----faye-------rozehnal-----enrique

milner---butt--------barton-------n'zogbia

----------viduka-----owen

....for example

There's a surprise.

surely?

I don't think it's as simple as that, Jimbo.

Hughes, Redknapp, O'Neill and Moyes are all managing teams that are higher in the league than us but I'd put them all (along with Allardyce) around the same ability level, what they have had over Allardyce is time, that's not me saying he hasn't made strange decisions in his time here so far because he has, I just don't see the point in swapping one manager with another of similar ability.

I honestly hope he's got some great excuses for his team selection, because otherwise its piss poor

My first choice XI would be:

4-4-2

Given

Enrique

Rozenahl

Faye

Beye

N'Zogbia

Emre

Butt

Milner

Owen

Martins

Today I'd have played

harper

Enrique

Rozenahl

Faye

Beye

N'Zogbia

Emre

Barton

Milner

Smith

Owen

I think its madness to slate the guy at this point in time. I was sat arguing with the TV earlier when the pundits on SKY were slagging our supporters off for being impatient but upon reflection of much of what I read online and what I witnessed at the match last week I think they do have a point.

Yes I do not agree with some decisions the man has made and some results have been unacceptable but the fact remains we are sitting only 6 points behind Chelsea with the same games played (yes I know many will argue we have not played any of the "big teams").

No offence to Jimbo, but I find the fact that there's even need for a thread like this less than 20 league games into a manager's career at a club absolutely preposterous, and evidence of just how ludicrously impatient the modern football fan is, and in particular Newcastle fans (if he'd proved himself to be a complete spastic in his last job, that's one thing, but this bloke has done anything but).

Turning around a football club isn't something you do in a third of a season. It's gonna take a long time and it's about time this dawned on people. I mean fucking hell, we've all gone on about how we need proper foundations, a direction to the club, blah blah blah, for fucking ages, but when we actually get a chairman and a manager in who talk this exact language and want to work together to that end, people forget all about that and it's ZOMG I WANT IMMEDIATE RESULTS!!1111

I daren't even fucking go on NO these days, cos I dread to think what the patter is on there.

There's a surprise.

surely?

I don't think it's as simple as that, Jimbo.

Hughes, Redknapp, O'Neill and Moyes are all managing teams that are higher in the league than us but I'd put them all (along with Allardyce) around the same ability level, what they have had over Allardyce is time, that's not me saying he hasn't made strange decisions in his time here so far because he has, I just don't see the point in swapping one manager with another of similar ability.

Agreed

I think its madness to slate the guy at this point in time. I was sat arguing with the TV earlier when the pundits on SKY were slagging our supporters off for being impatient but upon reflection of much of what I read online and what I witnessed at the match last week I think they do have a point.

Yes I do not agree with some decisions the man has made and some results have been unacceptable but the fact remains we are sitting only 6 points behind Chelsea with the same games played (yes I know many will argue we have not played any of the "big teams").

Jinx! Spot on mate. It's utter fucking madness to be judging the bloke this early on. Like I said in my post, turning round this club is gonna take a while, and we will NEVER do it if we constantly demand immediate success. People have to be patient and see the big picture, but unfortunately it's never gonna happen.

No offence to Jimbo, but I find the fact that there's even need for a thread like this less than 20 league games into a manager's career at a club absolutely preposterous, and evidence of just how ludicrously impatient the modern football fan is, and in particular Newcastle fans (if he'd proved himself to be a complete spastic in his last job, that's one thing, but this bloke has done anything but).

Turning around a football club isn't something you do in a third of a season. It's gonna take a long time and it's about time this dawned on people. I mean fucking hell, we've all gone on about how we need proper foundations, a direction to the club, blah blah blah, for fucking ages, but when we actually get a chairman and a manager in who talk this exact language and want to work together to that end, people forget all about that and it's ZOMG I WANT IMMEDIATE RESULTS!!1111

I daren't even fucking go on NO these days, cos I dread to think what the patter is on there.

I don't disagree mate, but judging by the MSN conversations I've had today with fans and by the patern of voting its justified, as mad as it is.

Maybe I'm wrong, if I am I apologise, perhaps you could tell me what things you think I've moaned about without justification?

It's the general air of impatience (not from you in particular, but from the moaning-minnies in general) I find irksome. For all we know Allardyce might be working his socks off behind the scenes, putting the pieces in place to give us the foundations needed for success, repairing areas neglected by the previous regimes, lining up players for January etc, etc.

It's not going to fall into our laps and it's not going to happen overnight. Time, knowledge, hard work and stability is what is going to get us going in the right direction.

Jinx! Spot on mate. It's utter fucking madness to be judging the bloke this early on. Like I said in my post, turning round this club is gonna take a while, and we will NEVER do it if we constantly demand immediate success. People have to be patient and see the big picture, but unfortunately it's never gonna happen.

ditto

It's the general air of impatience (not from you in particular, but from the moaning-minnies in general) I find irksome. For all we know Allardyce might be working his socks off behind the scenes, putting the pieces in place to give us the foundations needed for success, repairing areas neglected by the previous regimes, lining up players for January etc, etc.

It's not going to fall into our laps and it's not going to happen overnight. Time, knowledge, hard work and stability is what is going to get us going in the right direction.

Some support wouldn't go wrong either..