I KNEW IT.......

Noelie

When I saw Allardyce's starting line up I knew the best team was not on the field.

Any confidence I had in Big Sam was seriously eroded today.

Why he would start Zoggy at left back rather than Enrique escapes any logic. Zoggy is best wide left.

Why he would start Taylor rather than Beye also escapes any logic. Taylor is not a natural right back, Beye is, and Taylor is too ambitious in his getting forward leaving a hole at the back.

Why he again played Milner on the left I'll never know. Milner does better wide right.

Why he replaced Owen with Martins beats my imagination. Martins should have been brought on much earlier but for Barton. not Owen.

Am I the only one who is unhappy with Big Sam's team picks and substitutions?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw Allardyce's starting line up I knew the best team was not on the field.

Why he would start Zoggy at left back rather than Enrique escapes any logic. Zoggy is best wide left.

Why he would start Taylor rather than Beye also escapes any logic. Taylor is not a natural right back, Beye is, and Taylor is too ambitious in his getting forward leaving a hole at the back.

Why he again played Milner on the left I'll never know. Milner does better wide right.

Why he replaced Owen with Martins beats my imagination. Martins should have been brought on much earlier but for Barton. not Owen.

99% Can't have too many complaints with Milner's performance on the left today, but I'd still have had N'Zogbia there in my starting XI.

no. square pegs in round holes at the moment. i don't think he knows what his best side is yet.

no. square pegs in round holes at the moment. i don't think he knows what his best side is yet.

Agreed, and I find that disturbing.

Not as disturbing as the predictability of noelie's post match threads tbh.

Not as disturbing as the predictability of noelie's post match threads tbh.

:calmdown:

Why do you always feel your personal opinion is worth starting new topics about, and never worthy of going in any of the one, two or three existing threads about that same thing?

Because a new thread albeit based on my opinion separates the wheat from the chaff and expresses one persons thoughts out front rather than have them lost in an endless stream of comments which don't necessarily address a particular issue.

Do you have a problem with someone starting a new topic because it doesn't suit YOU?

Why do you always feel your personal opinion is worth starting new topics about, and never worthy of going in any of the one, two or three existing threads about that same thing?

Because a new thread albeit based on my opinion separates the wheat from the chaff and expresses one persons thoughts out front rather than have them lost in an endless stream of comments which don't necessarily address a particular issue.

Do you have a problem with someone starting a new topic because it doesn't suit YOU?

Can't speak for mattm4 but it is definitely tiresome reading the same post week in week out under a different title.

Noelie, we know for you time is of the essence but marra that essence doesn't always have to be vanilla.

Can't speak for mattm4 but it is definitely tiresome reading the same post week in week out under a different title.

Noelie, we know for you time is of the essence but marra that essence doesn't always have to be vanilla.

Don't read them then?

To be fair Noelie, most of your threads aren't worth opening, never mind writing.

To be fair Mr. Gemmill, perhaps you're right in your assessment of my efforts, so in all fairness to you and the others who appear to think the same way you do, I promise never to start a new topic.

To be fair Noelie, most of your threads aren't worth opening, never mind writing.

To be fair Mr. Gemmill, perhaps you're right in your assessment of my efforts, so in all fairness to you and the others who appear to think the same way you do, I promise never to start a new topic.

Take no notice man Noelie, people are just cheesed off.

I can understand why he doesn't know his best starting 11 yet. He only took over the squad about 12 games ago and has also added 9 new faces to it. Most were complaining last season etc we never had a big enough squad so he has tried to fix that problem.

Most on here change their prefered starting 11 week to week, its a bit ironic that Sam continually gets slated for the same thing. Confidence in his best team will come through games and what he sees on the park in competitive games.

Take no notice man Noelie, people are just cheesed off.

agreed. don't stop posting new threads noellie - they're class

I can understand why he doesn't know his best starting 11 yet. He only took over the squad about 12 games ago and has also added 9 new faces to it. Most were complaining last season etc we never had a big enough squad so he has tried to fix that problem.

Most on here change their prefered starting 11 week to week, its a bit ironic that Sam continually gets slated for the same thing. Confidence in his best team will come through games and what he sees on the park in competitive games.

While he's consitantly playing players out of position its not surprising he doesn't know his best 11, as someone said following the Reading match "the game was lost as soon as the teamsheet was pinned to the wall", that sadly will be the reoccuring statement of our season, in my opinion.

I totally agree with that line :calmdown:

Things aren't going 100% our way but we're still considerably better than the shite we were pushing out this time last season. It goes back to what I was saying in the summer in that this season is about consolidation. We've changed the manager, the owners and a lot of the team - it takes time to build. I don't remember Robson setting the world alight in his first season here either.

I totally agree with that line :calmdown:

Things aren't going 100% our way but we're still considerably better than the shite we were pushing out this time last season. It goes back to what I was saying in the summer in that this season is about consolidation. We've changed the manager, the owners and a lot of the team - it takes time to build. I don't remember Robson setting the world alight in his first season here either.

Do WE know the best starting line up? Can someone make a complicated poll so we can figure out the best please?

Poll or no poll, a bunch of spanners on an internet forum have less idea than Allardyce what the best starting 11 is tbf.

Taylor at rightback ?

Barton on the wing ?

Smith in midfield ?

Subbing Owen for Martins leaving a fucked Viduka on the pitch ?

hhmm ok.

Poll or no poll, a bunch of spanners on an internet forum have less idea than Allardyce what the best starting 11 is tbf.

Taylor at rightback ?

Barton on the wing ?

Smith in midfield ?

Subbing Owen for Martins leaving a fucked Viduka on the pitch ?

hhmm ok.

I forgot, you're good at FM aren't you? My mistake. I shall defer to you on all matters of team selection from now on. :calmdown:

EDIT - the point is Jimbo, the bloke has sent the team out only 12 times, and yet people keep talking about these horrendous errors in team selection. 12 fucking times and everyone's an expert. It's a load of bollocks. He makes mistakes, I've said that, but I'm fucking sure that none of us know any better than him.

Edited by Gemmill