Ipod advice....

Toonraider

Or mp3s! As you can tell I know sod all about them :icon_lol: I have a small mp3 player thats okish, though it eats batteries. I dont know much about what is decent now though. I want to buy one for my son, he's a postie and could do with one to listen to his music or radio whilst on his rounds. So it needs to be fairly small, good battery life (obviously he'll use rechargables) What do I go for? Does it have to be an ipod?

Sorry I always seem to be asking for your advice but you guys are younger and much techier than me! Thanks.

I like my Ipod but they're pretty expensive for what they are. It's the only MP3 player I've ever had though. You don't need batteries. The (rechargeable - obviously) battery is embedded within it. Mine's one of the tiny 8 Gb ones. It's big enough like. The 80 Gb ones can play videos etc. too if that's what you're after.

Ive had MP3s for a while and since getting an Ipod never looked back. Ive got the old 20GB one permanently in my car and bought a nano for wor lass. Even 8GB Is a good size if you just want it for music and not vids. Once its set up its easy to drag music between your PC and the Ipod.

Was thinking of buying Mrs Hips some sort of MP3 player, too, so all information will be welcome by me also. Oh, and not necessarily rechargeable batteries either. My carbon footprint - fookin massive!

Can't remember who said: I haven't got a carbon footprint - I drive everywhere. :icon_lol::rolleyes::)

Anyway, back to ipods and MP3 players......

Thanks alex and JawD. Yes that 8Gb sounds fine, only want it for music not vids. Can you get radio on one of those too? How long does it last when charged then?

Nah, you can't get radio on any of them I don't think. Mine charges really quickly and you get a good few hours play (sorry I'm not more specific) per charge. I use mine a lot too (every day).

Also its charges via your PC (USB) or charger that plugs in. Cant comment on the headphones though as I dont use am and wor lass used a different set when she was using it at the gym.

Thanks alex and JawD. Yes that 8Gb sounds fine, only want it for music not vids. Can you get radio on one of those too? How long does it last when charged then?

Nah, you can't get radio on any of them I don't think. Mine charges really quickly and you get a good few hours play (sorry I'm not more specific) per charge. I use mine a lot too (every day).

Briliant thanks alex :rolleyes: Im liking the sound of one of those and I must admit I'm normally one to buy 'names' though on the other hand I wanted a radio too :icon_lol:

Also its charges via your PC (USB) or charger that plugs in. Cant comment on the headphones though as I dont use am and wor lass used a different set when she was using it at the gym.

Excellent, there's always at least one PC on here so thats cool.

As an aside the car radio thingies you can get are good. We used mine loads in Canada. You plug it into your cig lighter socket and then the car radio picks up the frequency you set your Ipod to. You get a little bit of interference but you obviously have access to all the music on your Ipod.

Edited by alex

Excellent, there's always at least one PC on here so thats cool.

You can buy travel chargers too.

You can buy a radio that fits between the ipod and the headfones - I got one for my son (think it was around £30). The radio is only fm though.

Briliant thanks alex :rolleyes: Im liking the sound of one of those and I must admit I'm normally one to buy 'names' though on the other hand I wanted a radio too :icon_lol:

You can get other makes with radios on, I think some are still technically better (they certainly were a generation or two ago), but as a complete package ipods are hard to beat.