FA to look into Barton clash

bawan

The Football Association will await the referee's report before deciding whether to take any action against Joey Barton.

The Newcastle United midfielder caught Dickson Etuhu with his studs during the 1-1 draw with Sunderland on Saturday.

Match official Martin Atkinson did not see the incident, while Magpies boss Sam Allardyce feels Barton's reputation is why the challenge has been highlighted.

The England cap's clash with Etuhu will now be examined by the FA, once Atkinson's report on the game has been received.

An FA spokesman said: "We will be looking to clarify with the referee whether he saw the incident or not.

"If not we will review the incident."

If the FA does step in to the matter, then Barton could be charged with violent conduct, which would result in a three-match ban if found guilty.

Joey Barton insists there was 'no malice' in his challenge on Dickson Etuhu after escaping disciplinary action.

The Football Association has confirmed the Newcastle United midfielder will not be punished following his tangle with Sunderland's Etuhu on Saturday.

Barton caught the Black Cats midfielder with a high tackle and there were reports the England cap would be hit with a three-game suspension.

But, after learning he will face no further action, Barton offered an apology to Etuhu and feels the incident was a result of rustiness following his recent injury lay-off.

"There was no malice in it, nor was it premeditated," Barton told Sky Sports News.

"If I caused him any injury, then I apologise.

"Things happen in the heat of a derby game.

"It was my third game back and I'm still a bit rusty. If I was fully match fit the situation would have been avoided."

Am i the only one hating the fa for not doing anything? Couldn't give a fuck that he plays for us he should never play top league football for the stuff he has done.

Barton seems like a nasty piece of work and it was a bad challenge but while he plays for us the last thing I want to see is him being banned.

Am i the only one hating the fa for not doing anything? Couldn't give a fuck that he plays for us he should never play top league football for the stuff he has done.

Aye full of saints the premier league is.

He seems like a pretty violent or at least short tempered sort of chap, but it's not like he's going around beating up women and children like a few players I can think of, and Beckham's 80mph in a 40 zone was probably more likely to kill someone than anything he's done.

He seems like a pretty violent or at least short tempered sort of chap, but it's not like he's going around beating up women and children like a few players I can think of, and Beckham's 80mph in a 40 zone was probably more likely to kill someone than anything he's done.

Good job that revenue generator was there to catch him then eh Fop.

Yep and it clearly stopped him doing it :rolleyes:, given that he already had 10 points on his licence from previous convictions at the time, and was caught again by the police a year later. He also basically only got a slap on the wrist for both occasions (on appeal anyway).

They did make a bit of cash out of him, but it didn't stop him speeding again and again. So what what your point? :icon_lol:

Yep and it clearly stopped him doing it :rolleyes: , given that he already had 10 points on his licence from previous convictions at the time, and was caught again by the police a year later. He also basically only got a slap on the wrist for both occasions (on appeal anyway).

They did make a bit of cash out of him, but it didn't stop him speeding again and again. So what what your point? :icon_lol:

chomp