Newcastle Fans attitudes ultimately impact performance?

trophyshy

Are Newcastle Fans the Cause?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry400440

My biggest worry (even above the wingers being played out of position) is how much more vocal that contingent will be after the next three games. I'm sure given a 1980's media we'd have no trouble giving BS whatever time he needs and we'd see a climb. As soon as the media get the idea fans are discontent they hammer it 24/7. Once the players get wind a manager has the noose round his neck it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Look at Martin Jol, sacked during the game and the fans were chanting his name all through the second half.

Man Utd probably have the most impatient and demanding home fans in the league and they do alright.

Because they've done 'alright' for 15 years now. They've always been there or there abouts. They've never went through the spell we have.

Guest stevieintoon

Aye it's wor fault we've fuck all for 38 years, all wor fault arseholes that we are, fuck all to do with years of rape, pillage, and mismanagement, whey neh. Arsehole fans we should be ashamed.

Man Utd probably have the most impatient and demanding home fans in the league and they do alright.

Because they've done 'alright' for 15 years now. They've always been there or there abouts. They've never went through the spell we have.

What about when they got relegated in the 70's and still had on average one of the largest gates in the country?

If we went down now, most of our so called fans would chuck their season ticket straight away.

What about when they got relegated in the 70's and still had on average one of the largest gates in the country?

If we went down now, most of our so called fans would chuck their season ticket straight away.

For a number of reasons though, I'm not sure the two would compare.

Guest stevieintoon

Purely down to Munich. They did average 48,000 in Division Two, but the fact is historically Newcastle and Arsenal were more successful (wallpushers didn't even register on the radar pre-Shankly 64, same with Leeds) and had a much larger support than Man Utd befiore Munich. Munich made them what they were in the 60's, 70's 80's, 90's and this decade.

Purely down to Munich. They did average 48,000 in Division Two, but the fact is historically Newcastle and Arsenal were more successful (wallpushers didn't even register on the radar pre-Shankly 64, same with Leeds) and had a much larger support than Man Utd befiore Munich. Munich made them what they were in the 60's, 70's 80's, 90's and this decade.

People are fickle things you should know by now.......

Plus they came straight back up with a young attacking side and it was only about 6 or 7 years after they'd won the European Cup.

Edited by alex

Guest stevieintoon
Plus they came straight back up with a young attacking side and it was only about 6 or 7 years after they'd won the European Cup.

Exactly, and in their "bleak years without winning the Championship", they won 5 fuckin FA Cups, the fuckin European Cup, had many glory nights, defeating Maradona's Barca 3-0 at OT sticks out in my mind, they had more money than anyone else, and despite Liverpool sweeping all before them, it was recognised during those 26 barren years, that "United" cough spit were the biggest club. I do respect them as a club though. The whole thing comes back to Munich. Well off topic now.

Tbh, we have the best away fans in the country and were still shit away from home.

I hope that's a joke. Our away support is fucking rubbish at the minute.

Might get there in terms of numbers, but noise? Nah, absolutely terrible compared to what it used to be. It was absolutely shite on Saturday.

In fact, looking back on this season away from home:-

Bolton - Not bad.

Boro' - Okish, but nowhere near what it has been in the past.

Derby - Terrible.

Arsenal & Man City I can't comment on because I was on holiday, but from what I've heard Arsenal wasn't good and Man City started well but faded quickly.

Reading - Shit, but marginally better than Derby.

Mackems - Awful.

With the odd good one thrown in it has lacked consistency and been overall a big disappointment. For a while now. I blame lack of songs, too many people willing to sing on the bus at 7am, then in the pub for 3 hours, but can't be fucking bothered anymore once in the ground and a change in the demands of our fans since our CL exploits a few years ago.

People may argue that the fact we play shit now compared to a few years ago has a lot to do with it, but from a personal point of view, it never mattered much before that, so why so much now? It shouldnt be an issue, especially when the team need to see the fans are behind them. Some of them might not care but I'd bet a lot do.

Shite man. For a club that's won fuck all for years we don't half have high expectations and huffy fans.

Edited by WubbleUC