Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

Scottish Mag

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

Have the Mail had any 'Xmas banned' stories yet btw?

Christmas banned was to be banned in November, but there was outrage.

I'd be all for banning it in November mind.

Have the Mail had any 'Xmas banned' stories yet btw?

Christmas banned was to be banned in November, but there was outrage.

I'd be all for banning it in November mind.

Me and wor lass were just on about this the other day. IMO the shops shouldn't be allowed to advertise or promote Christmas until the 1st of December, same goes for having adverts for toys between programmes on the kids channels.

Instead of banning somethin that 'may' be offensive who about they do something usefull?

What kind of retard would find that offensive for fucks sake?

Same sort of person who'd manage to spill hot coffee from McDonald's in their lap?

Ban Xmas, and keep your women at home in the kitchen where they belong

I'd get back to the bait shop if I were you, not likely to get a bite round here with dross like that....