England

Bombadil

I'm actually quite nervous about tomorrow. Watching the Russia match will be painful. What are people's predictions then? I reckon there's virtually no chance of Macedonia beating Croatia, but I'm hoping for a 1-1 in Tel Aviv.

Its sad to say that I've come to the stage that I couldn't give a fuck, McClaren has drained way any passion I once had for England.

Might well be for the best, long term anyway, for the English game (in several ways) if England don't qualify.

Its sad to say that I've come to the stage that I couldn't give a fuck, McClaren has drained way any passion I once had for England.

Might well be for the best, long term anyway, for the English game (in several ways) if England don't qualify.

Other than perhaps lower the expectation levels how would it be good for the English game?

Other than perhaps lower the expectation levels how would it be good for the English game?

Depends if they get rid of the idiot who is "managing" the team.

Well for a start get rid of McClaren (although I don't think he's the entirety of the issue), secondly give the players themselves a kick up the arse, thirdly maybe shock the FA into developing some more than half-assed youth development/grass roots policies.

1996 probably owed at least something to 1994.

The only real downside (that isn't to do with accountants) is not being able to watch them scrape through a group stage before being knocked out soon after.

Well for a start get rid of McClaren (although I don't think he's the entirety of the issue), secondly give the players themselves a kick up the arse, thirdly maybe shock the FA into developing some more than half-assed youth development/grass roots policies.

1996 probably owed at least something to 1994.

The only real downside (that isn't to do with accountants) is not being able to watch them scrape through a group stage before being knocked out soon after.

Astoundingly, I agree.

Although I do really want England to qualify. With any luck I shall be at Glastonbury next summer. Watching England battle against Portugal in 2004 on the big screens at the pyramid stage was my most exhilarating and emotionally exhaustive football experience to date.

The, ahem, festival atmosphere I took in that day may have contributed a wee bit to that though. :)

Honestly all I can say is "Come on Russia". Mostly because it'll stick it up Michael Owen who I hope the club gets rid of as he's a crock. A very expensive crock. Free up some space in the wage bill for a few players who, you know, will actually play a few matches for the club rather than use the club to get fit for England before injuring himself.

Honestly all I can say is "Come on Russia". Mostly because it'll stick it up Michael Owen who I hope the club gets rid of as he's a crock. A very expensive crock. Free up some space in the wage bill for a few players who, you know, will actually play a few matches for the club rather than use the club to get fit for England before injuring himself.

Don't worry about Russia, just make sure none of your convicts injure Martins tomorrow night or we will be fucked

:)

Don't worry about Russia, just make sure none of your convicts injure Martins tomorrow night or we will be fucked

Don't worry, you can trust Lucas Neill, he'll look after the guy. :(

Don't worry, you can trust Lucas Neill, he'll look after the guy. :(

Thats what I'm worried about dude.

This post, times 10. Fucking smog pig bags.

I couldn't care less about England these days, last time I actually gave a shit was 96 when we were playing good football and there was passion and invention in the side. Instead, we now suffer drudgery with monotonous regularity.

Mclaren leaves a chance for a manager with genuine potential for change and innovation in our international game. I think expectations will be lowered sufficiently to bring about a long term shift of international and domestic footballing policy.

I'm sick and tired of seeing an England team with "superstars" failing to dominate lesser opposition and then struggle against better opposition. In 96 we played without fear, we forced teams to deal with us, instead of modifying our formation to deal with their approach to the game.

how Newcastle often mirrors England startles me.