Since their arrival

Guest Patrokles

Who have you been most impressed by: Allardyce, Mort, or Ashley?

Mort for me.

Agreed, although its not much of a choice given the other two, one makes a tit of himself in nightclubs, the other makes a tit of the players with his team selection.

Guest Patrokles

Mort for me.

Agreed, although its not much of a choice given the other two, one makes a tit of himself in nightclubs, the other makes a tit of the players with his team selection.

I can see the case for Ashley too, mind you. I mean, it's his cash, and he's seemingly gone out of his way to show he's going to support the club, get on with the fans, etc.

Mort for me.

Mort, by a country mile. Talks the talk, who cares how he walks?

I kind of liked the idea of a reclusive billionaire owner not getting involved too much but providing cash, Ashley has ruined that for me, it's quite clear bar the bullshit that he is indeed going to to be meddling in team affairs if a fat wanker on the terrace shouts in his ear enough. Allardyce I was never going to be impressed with much unless we started beating decent teams regularly, top 8 was and still is my minimum this year.

GO TEAM MORT!

it's quite clear bar the bullshit that he is indeed going to to be meddling in team affairs if a fat wanker on the terrace shouts in his ear enough.

How so?

I don't understand why everyone seems impressed with Mort, he hasn't actually done anything of note yet.

it's quite clear bar the bullshit that he is indeed going to to be meddling in team affairs if a fat wanker on the terrace shouts in his ear enough.

How so?

I don't understand why everyone seems impressed with Mort, he hasn't actually done anything of note yet.

Except for not make an absolute arse of himself in several situations that Freddy Shepherd would have been issuing cringeworthy statements to whoever listened. What more do you want? Access to his personal journal?Just what might you expect publicly from a superb chairman?

I'm pleased with Mort (a chairman who's never heard from is one of the best chairmen of all in my opinion) and Ashley. He's got the dosh and I really want to believe that he is committed to NUFC. Sitting with the fans against the Mackems was a huge point in his favor for me.

I'm most impressed with Ashly by virtue of the fact that he is attending games in a Black 'n White shirt. It may be corny, cheesey, even publicity stunt, or anything else you want to call it but how many other club owners have you seen wearing a team shirt.

What impresses me most about Allardyce is that he is consistantly chewing with his mouth open, which TV viewers can attest to. Always thought Fergusson was the worst chewer until Sam got more TV exposure.

I'm most impressed with Ashly by virtue of the fact that he is attending games in a Black 'n White shirt. It may be corny, cheesey, even publicity stunt, or anything else you want to call it but how many other club owners have you seen wearing a team shirt.

What impresses me most about Allardyce is that he is consistantly chewing with his mouth open, which TV viewers can attest to. Always thought Fergusson was the worst chewer until Sam got more TV exposure.

:)

How so?

Well he has to be compared to FFS though.

And he has done and said all the right things and nothing wrong, that I can think of anyway.

Allerdyce it's more a case of wait and see.

And Ashley well considering he owns the club if he wants to have the players bow to him whilst he sits naked on a throne..... that's kinda up to him. :)

If id spent the best part of £200million on a football club i wouldnt give a flying fuck if people were unhappy with me visiting night clubs and sitting with the fans.

We shouldnt forget 10years ago our chairman was sitting in a whorehouse in spain taking the piss. Id take Ashley in Blu Bambu over that any day.

We shouldnt forget 10years ago our chairman was sitting in a whorehouse in spain taking the piss. Id take Ashley in Blu Bambu over that any day.

QFT

I dont even think Ashleys made a tit of himself tbh, he was seen out and about in the clubs thats all. Its not like hes been burning 50's in front of bar staff or getting into fights.

Im with the majority here though its Mort thats done the best job, quietly getting on with things and not getting involved in stupid statements.

Allardyce well based on so far hes been a disappointment with some decisions, happy to give him time though and see long term.

If id spent the best part of £200million on a football club i wouldnt give a flying fuck if people were unhappy with me visiting night clubs and sitting with the fans.

yup, I'd agree that Ashley might be seen doing things that make our cynical hackles rise, but he's (so far) done nothing to bring the club, the players or the fans into disrepute.

Mort still gets the credit from me though, I wondered if he's been behind the public appearances of Ashley, he's certainly made the right noises when pressed and he seems to view himself as a business man with a vested interest in the venture, rather than a football fan, which (these days) is what we need.

Allardyce will come good, he'll definitely lay the foundations for an assault on the title if we give him the time, support and funds.

QFT

I dont even think Ashleys made a tit of himself tbh, he was seen out and about in the clubs thats all. Its not like hes been burning 50's in front of bar staff or getting into fights.

Im with the majority here though its Mort thats done the best job, quietly getting on with things and not getting involved in stupid statements.

Allardyce well based on so far hes been a disappointment with some decisions, happy to give him time though and see long term.

QFT

I think we'd do well to remember it too - (J69's comment in particular).

For me, Mort runs the club and he's the sensible one. If our billionaire owner likes to spend some time with the fans then fine. He's not done anything embarrassing (something FFS or worse - Douglas Hall could do almost on command) and to be honest, if I'd just spunked the think end of 200mil on a new venture I'd want to get something out of it too. Perhaps this is his way of letting off some steam from his core business. It's not like he's running the club - Mort has stated that.

Mort is a class act. He and Ashley want to run the club like a business - something we and many other football clubs have been missing.

For the record, I think SA will come good. I think we're more in danger of fans getting sucked into the relentless media wagon and let's be honest - some people are easily led. We don't need any help shooting ourselves in the foot either.

Heres another...

Since their arrival - Who have you been most impressed by: Owen or Martins?

Thats a twat of a question,

neither have impressed me much however out of the two, Martins has done more but thats down more to Owens terrible injury record thatn owt else.

Owen. It's pretty impressive to continue getting international call-ups based on no appearances, then once fit, poor performances with no goals.

Owen (even of now) in say Robson's team is a big difference to Owen in this team. Although if he could not be injured for more than 5 games in a row it might help too.