Since their arrival

Guest Patrokles

I think (unless someone bids silly money in Jan - which won't happen imo) you have to judge Owen in the summer rather than now.

He's been here 2 years and 3 months now.

I'm not for rushing a judgement on Allardyce, but I think it's fair to say Owen hasn't worked out.

I think (unless someone bids silly money in Jan - which won't happen imo) you have to judge Owen in the summer rather than now.

I'm not for rushing a judgement on Allardyce, but I think it's fair to say Owen hasn't worked out.

It definitely hasn't worked out and I'm not suggesting people can't comment on the latest set-back etc. I just think the summer is when the club decides what happens re: allowing him to leave / a new contract etc. So I should have said 'assess' what to do next rather than 'judge' his time here, if you see what I mean.

Edited by alex

Yup (barring injury which at the moment really doesn't look good), I don't think you can really say much about Owen until he really gets a decent run AND in a team that is if not playing to his strengths at least playing a game that in some way compliments him.

Owen has been a big let down for Newcastle, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd be shit if he went somewhere else in Jan or the summer.

It definitely hasn't worked out and I'm not suggesting people can't comment on the latest set-back etc. I just think the summer is when the club decides what happens re: allowing him to leave / a new contract etc. So I should have said 'assess' what to do next rather than 'judge' his time here, if you see what I mean.

I do.

TBF I have no axe to grind with his latest set back. He'd played a few games for us unscathed so you can't really complain that he was injured after a half hour for England. Even in a friendly. If he was still being flogged like a dead horse after 80 minutes and strained something then I might be more angry about it, but it's just one of those things as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, if his first game back is the France friendly next year I'll go scatty.

I do.

TBF I have no axe to grind with his latest set back. He'd played a few games for us unscathed so you can't really complain that he was injured after a half hour for England. Even in a friendly. If he was still being flogged like a dead horse after 80 minutes and strained something then I might be more angry about it, but it's just one of those things as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, if his first game back is the France friendly next year I'll go scatty.

:) That would be the final straw I reckon.