Austria Vs England

Jimbo

A muscle strain on a freezing cold night?

Never seen that coming.... :)

What are the odds that Owen plays against Croatia, and then is out for us for 6 weeks ?

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about him anymore, he's shit, injury prone, and I hope he fucks off in January but I can't see who would buy him unless they're going to melt him down and make crystal decanters out of him.

Step up Oba and prove Big Red wrong :)

Thigh strain. Could be good news tbh, hopefully Martins will start next match as Allardyce will have a good excuse to leave Owen out. I'm not writing off Owen by any means but he doesn't look confident of late and it could be a blessing in disguise re: NUFC.

Thigh strain. Could be good news tbh, hopefully Martins will start next match as Allardyce will have a good excuse to leave Owen out. I'm not writing off Owen by any means but he doesn't look confident of late and it could be a blessing in disguise re: NUFC.

I'm not sure tbh. I don't think Owen is the sort of striker that suffers from a lack of confidence - his poor form was probably still down to a lack of match fitness. It takes quite a long time to get back to full fitness and sharpness when you've been out for a year.

I'm not sure tbh. I don't think Owen is the sort of striker that suffers from a lack of confidence - his poor form was probably still down to a lack of match fitness. It takes quite a long time to get back to full fitness and sharpness when you've been out for a year.

Nah mate, everyone (imo) suffers from a lack of confidence from time to time although I'm not doubting his mental strength. I just think the fact he's not the player he was. When he came here he wasn't the whippet he'd once been but he had a great turn of pace. Since his last inujry I think he's lost that. All that combine with a lack of confidence and the team playing poorly makes it tough for him. I think he'd do well coming off the bench for a game or two at the very least. I agree with your point he takes a while to get back to sharpness when he's been out btw.

Id agree with that pretty much Alex. I dont doubt his ability but its clear his isnt as sharp as he could be but for me its also about the team not playing a game that he can benefit from. I thought Viduka might have been an ideal partner up front feeding him but we've never really had a chance to see that develop. Unlike many, I dont think Owen chooses to be injured playing for us or England. But Im at the stage where Id not be that moved if he left and certainly if we replaced him with someone who Sam throught suited his style. This said, if he stayed Id be happy so long as he aint out injured another couple of month. Id still like to see Anelka here though I suspect he may be snapped up by a club with more to offer at the moment.

Id agree with that pretty much Alex. I dont doubt his ability but its clear his isnt as sharp as he could be but for me its also about the team not playing a game that he can benefit from. I thought Viduka might have been an ideal partner up front feeding him but we've never really had a chance to see that develop. Unlike many, I dont think Owen chooses to be injured playing for us or England. But Im at the stage where Id not be that moved if he left and certainly if we replaced him with someone who Sam throught suited his style. This said, if he stayed Id be happy so long as he aint out injured another couple of month. Id still like to see Anelka here though I suspect he may be snapped up by a club with more to offer at the moment.

more to offer than a club with a stadium packed with passionate die-hard geordie fans?

dead right he will be and I could hardly blame him. I'd have second thoughts myself these days, one bad game and I'll be booed off the pitch these days!

Nah mate, everyone (imo) suffers from a lack of confidence from time to time although I'm not doubting his mental strength. I just think the fact he's not the player he was. When he came here he wasn't the whippet he'd once been but he had a great turn of pace. Since his last inujry I think he's lost that. All that combine with a lack of confidence and the team playing poorly makes it tough for him. I think he'd do well coming off the bench for a game or two at the very least. I agree with your point he takes a while to get back to sharpness when he's been out btw.

I agree about his loss of pace, from what I've seen, he's definitely lost a yard or two. He's 28 next month as well - I still think of him as a fairly young player. Shame.