Austria Vs England

Jimbo

I've been one of his biggest supporters on here, but it's getting more and more difficult to find the positives. At least he won't be away in January now; on the other hand he'll probably let his contract run down and leave on a Bosman anyway. :)

He's a parasite to the club in my opinion, no one would touch him now, and as you said, he'll fuck off on a bosman, I wonder how much he has cost the club per goal based on his fee and wage ?

I have to agree with Jimbo entirely. I hope the club just get rid Owen. Newcastle are paying him huge wages for him to get back to some kind of fitness, play a few shitty matches to get a run out only to play for England and fuck himself again. As someone who loves NUFC but doesn't give a shit about England it's frustrating as all hell.

The sooner the malingering dwarf is sold the better.

But who the fuck in their right mind would pay for wacky???

As it has been stated Owen's not the player he was and all those who argued he would return to his previous form after having an ACL reconstruction really don't understand the severity of the operation.

I've been trying to think of a player with pace who has returned to the game after an acl operation and still been as quick and I'm afraid I can't. Those that return only succeed if there are other aspects to their game.

Owen unlike say Shearer, whose game included physical strength, looks like he's not only lost his pace but also the strength in his shot. What's that leave EMO? The ability to be a poacher? And that's not enough and of little use to NUFC and their current style of football.

Had a $10 bet with a fellow Geordie that Owen would get injured in the England game and not be available for the Liverpool match.

This tight-arsed fellow Geordie won't pay up until he sees the line-up for the scouse game, he must think he has a guardian angel and be expecting a miracle to save his money from transferring to my pocket.

There is no doubting his goal scoring ability what so ever, it's everything else that is questionable with him and the bad far out weighs the good. If we was offerd £5M+ I'd take it.

And I'm all for Anelka too. Better than Owen for me...

I don't in any way dislike Owen and honestly think he feels not repaying the club would be too indecent. However that's surely why he is here as opposed to because he actually wants to be here. If the club told him they didn't want him and he's free to join any club he'd have no complaints.