Christmas Shopping.

catmag

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only find Toon chat and Toon pro, I must be looking at the wrong thing and can't find it in board settings either. :lol: Nevermind.

I just tried it on mine, as its showing up on there, but it appears that its "broked". Will see if someone can fix it for you.

I can only find Toon chat and Toon pro, I must be looking at the wrong thing and can't find it in board settings either. :icon_lol: Nevermind.

I just tried it on mine, as its showing up on there, but it appears that its "broked". Will see if someone can fix it for you.

Thank you Petal :lol: No worries though, I'd rather you fixed some real snow for Torquay this Xmas!!

When does everyone start putting the decorations on their ava's by the way? Is it usually Dec 1st?

Yeah I rekon. Someone should judge who has the best one after Christmas.

I've still got my Christmas Nobby.....breaks my bloody heart it does :lol:

It's snowing in Gateshead!

Just in time for my best mates to turn up from Manc and confirm to them that Newcastle is indeed the coldest place in the world :lol:

Oh, and I've now done a little but of Christmas shopping so I feel slightly less guilty now. Not looking forward to the chore of writing out cards like.....

I've just bought my first present just now... Some make up Brushes for the woman.

I'm getting Guitar Hero 3 for mine. :lol:

Think my sister is paying for me and my brother to go see Chubby Brown in Aberdeen.

When does everyone start putting the decorations on their ava's by the way? Is it usually Dec 1st?

Real decorations go up on the first Sunday of Advent in wor house, don't know how anyone else does it. Fake avatar ones, of course, can start now as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

Edited by Meenzer

Real decorations go up on the first Sunday of Advent in wor house, don't know how anyone else does it. Fake avatar ones, of course, can start now as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

If everyone is going to have x-mas ones I might turn avatars back on....

• 1 year later...
Can anyone recommend somewhere online for reasonable rates on good jewellery?

None of your Elizabeth Duke.

Meeee ;) You are speaking to the jewellery queen here ;) You wont do any better for value and choice than QVC. Plus they offer 28 days no quibble money back guarantee....they actually encourage you to wear the jewellery for a few weeks to see if you like it. . At the moment if you order then that time is extended untill the end of Jan for returns as people buy for xmas gifts. They do sell some tacky costume jewellery but the choice goes right up to diamonds. Ive never seen such a full range of gemstones inc rarer ones anywhere else. Over the years I've bought Garnet, Aquamarine, Blueberry quartz, Morganite, Tanzanite etc etc (I could go on and on :D ) You just dont get that choice or price in shops. If the piece you're looking at online has been shown on the TV show then there is normally the video clip to see it close up too.

Also have a look in the clearance/last clicks section as you see some real bargains there.

QVC UK

Meeee ;) You are speaking to the jewellery queen here ;) You wont do any better for value and choice than QVC. Plus they offer 28 days no quibble money back guarantee....they actually encourage you to wear the jewellery for a few weeks to see if you like it. . At the moment if you order then that time is extended untill the end of Jan for returns as people buy for xmas gifts. They do sell some tacky costume jewellery but the choice goes right up to diamonds. Ive never seen such a full range of gemstones inc rarer ones anywhere else. Over the years I've bought Garnet, Aquamarine, Blueberry quartz, Morganite, Tanzanite etc etc (I could go on and on :D ) You just dont get that choice or price in shops. If the piece you're looking at online has been shown on the TV show then there is normally the video clip to see it close up too.

Also have a look in the clearance/last clicks section as you see some real bargains there.

QVC UK

Okay, folks, you KNOW what I'm about to say. You would think lesser of me if I didn't say it. So here it is:

Don't suppose you fancy a pearl necklace, T/R ??

QVC UK

Okay, folks, you KNOW what I'm about to say. You would think lesser of me if I didn't say it. So here it is:

Don't suppose you fancy a pearl necklace, T/R ??

Snakey, you are deliciously predictable and I luv ya for it :D

QVC UK

Cheers TR. I'll have a gander. :D

I always thought QVC sold tat exclusively though.

(Apart from them coats with a picture of a wolf on)

QVC UK

Cheers TR. I'll have a gander. :D

I always thought QVC sold tat exclusively though.

(Apart from them coats with a picture of a wolf on)

I used to think that too, I still dislike TV shopping channels but, believe me their jewellery is excellent. Plus they are so good if you want to return anything. Just avoid the cheaper stuff on there.

I bought an Iolite and aquamarine ring (white gold) 2 years ago and its beautiful, I think it was about £80...where else would you get that value? Plus you'd be hard pushed to find anywhere else that even sold that combination of gems. If its gemstones you're after, go for Tanzanite...go for AA or AAA though, much deeper colour. Its a real investment.