5/6/7/11 a side footy thread

smoggeordie

1-0 win in outdoor 6-a-side last night. Get in.

Keep up the good performances and you never know where it might lead.

Do they do 6-a-side in the Special Olympics?

Yes at least I've got a hope of competing for my pride and country.

They don't have a dribbling category for brainless idiots though so you're shit out of luck!

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here play Sunday League around Tyneside area?

Aye why?

Which league you play in? I play in the CCL Sunday League. Real football for real men. None of this 5 a side shit :lol:

Good question! Only just started playing for this new team, think it's the Cramlington Sunday League but it covers teams from Gosforth up to Morpeth.

Guest James_coDurham
1-0 win in outdoor 6-a-side last night. Get in.

Keep up the good performances and you never know where it might lead.

Do they do 6-a-side in the Special Olympics?

Yes at least I've got a hope of competing for my pride and country.

They don't have a dribbling category for brainless idiots though so you're shit out of luck!

Good comeback :lol:

Guest stevieintoon

Big game tonight, our unspectacular start to life in the higher division has seen us accumulate 1 point out of a possible 6 scored 10 conceded 12, we're playing top of the league who's scored TWENTY SEVEN in two games, they're shite though, they bully teams in to submission, but they don't get away with it against us, big cunt in the Benfica top, if you're reading this, ya shite and I'll tell you as much when we win at 645.

Big game tonight, our unspectacular start to life in the higher division has seen us accumulate 1 point out of a possible 6 scored 10 conceded 12, we're playing top of the league who's scored TWENTY SEVEN in two games, they're shite though, they bully teams in to submission, but they don't get away with it against us, big cunt in the Benfica top, if you're reading this, ya shite and I'll tell you as much when we win at 645.

We lost 6-3 ;)

Played tonight at the gym where they do a 'turn up and we'll sort teams' effort. Half of them are taking it way too seriously (its not the world cup lads) and the other half were 6'5" brick shithouses.

Got two massive blisters just in time for playing with work at Powerleague tomorrow.

Played tonight at the gym where they do a 'turn up and we'll sort teams' effort. Half of them are taking it way too seriously (its not the world cup lads) and the other half were 6'5" brick shithouses.

Got two massive blisters just in time for playing with work at Powerleague tomorrow.

Any altercations with the post this time upon the final whistle?

No, but even if there was, it would have paled into insignificance against the blazing rows there were tonight.

I'm going again, there's bound to be a fight sooner or later. Will be good to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Just won comfortably tonight. It was officially 14-7 to us, but by my count it was more like 18-6.

Tremendous save from a penalty, but then I fluffed my chance of glory.

Comfortably winning in the dying seconds I trundled up to take a penalty...Did a Ronaldinho dummy which put the keeper on his arse....went to roll it into an empty net and clonked it off the fucking post ;)

Stevie didn't look happy :icon_lol:

Guest stevieintoon
Just won comfortably tonight. It was officially 14-7 to us, but by my count it was more like 18-6.

Tremendous save from a penalty, but then I fluffed my chance of glory.

Comfortably winning in the dying seconds I trundled up to take a penalty...Did a Ronaldinho dummy which put the keeper on his arse....went to roll it into an empty net and clonked it off the fucking post ;)

Stevie didn't look happy :icon_lol:

It was the third worst penalty I've ever seen, other than Maradona's pass back in Italia 90 against Yugoslavia, and Mick Quinn's one time against Bradford which actually hit the scoreboard. I wouldn't care the pens at the JJB are 8 yards oot and am not kiddin Nick dummied the keeper John Aldridge style he just needed to roll it in but no word of a lie in those 8 yards the ball bobbled 20 times and trundled dejectedly on to the post. :lol: His first AND last pen.

• 1 month later...

Quality game tonight, 5-4 win. Double header next week, win both of those and we're right back in the promotion mix.

Had to see out the last 5 minutes, which seemed more like 10, with effectively 3 men. 1 sent off and 1 injured. Quality effort from The Peskies :blush:

Quality game tonight, 5-4 win. Double header next week, win both of those and we're right back in the promotion mix.

Had to see out the last 5 minutes, which seemed more like 10, with effectively 3 men. 1 sent off and 1 injured. Quality effort from The Peskies ;)

It really was like Escape to Victory, and nearly was the same old story. In November up this thread I wrote we'd have a 100% record if it went on HT scores, we were 4-0 up at HT in this game. What a bastard ref though, meek as fuck, gave them everything, we had 2 good goals disallowed, and NSG was penalised for having the ball at his feet 10 seconds when no such rule exists. For 28 quid you would think the cunts could sort a decent ref out.

There's a good few teams in our league are cunts. When we got promoted we played a team in MACKEM shorts, what a disgrace, have they got no where in fuckin Pennywell to play or the Croooaaahtree Leisurrr Centurrr?? Another team in our league "The Firm" biggest cuntish 5 a side team we've ever played, they have one gobby old bastard at the back, 3 subs, and are genuinely the biggest nobheads I've played against. As I was discussing with the lads after the last game when we lost 8-3, their was no grace from them fuck all, and I'm making sure the next game is a bloodbath, simple as that, fuckin arseholes. Pincer are tossers too.

And we've got Pincer and The Firm coming up in the next fortnight. Make or break time like, if we can get 9 points from the next 3 games we're well in the promotion hunt. Big ask though. But if we've got all 6 players available we're better than any team in our league IMO.

Had to see out the last 5 minutes, which seemed more like 10, with effectively 3 men. 1 sent off and 1 injured. Quality effort from The Peskies :razz:

It really was like Escape to Victory, and nearly was the same old story. In November up this thread I wrote we'd have a 100% record if it went on HT scores, we were 4-0 up at HT in this game. What a bastard ref though, meek as fuck, gave them everything, we had 2 good goals disallowed, and NSG was penalised for having the ball at his feet 10 seconds when no such rule exists. For 28 quid you would think the cunts could sort a decent ref out.

There's a good few teams in our league are cunts. When we got promoted we played a team in MACKEM shorts, what a disgrace, have they got no where in fuckin Pennywell to play or the Croooaaahtree Leisurrr Centurrr?? Another team in our league "The Firm" biggest cuntish 5 a side team we've ever played, they have one gobby old bastard at the back, 3 subs, and are genuinely the biggest nobheads I've played against. As I was discussing with the lads after the last game when we lost 8-3, their was no grace from them fuck all, and I'm making sure the next game is a bloodbath, simple as that, fuckin arseholes. Pincer are tossers too.

;) That was pathetic. Ball at me feet for 8 or 9 seconds, then I picked it up "he's had the ball 10 seconds". Didn't know it was against the rules to keep posession like.

• 2 weeks later...

We lost 9-6 last night to the most cuntish team in our league, I've mentioned them on here before, honestly though we were the better team.

I was pleased with how we played anyway, but on a sour note, I got sent off for the first time in 7 years, and if Norris McWhirter was there to see it I might have a place in the Guinness Book. I don't think there was 10 seconds on the clock when I was sent off, seems far fetched but honestly it's true ask NSG, it was premeditated on one of their players, and to be fair I told the lads what I was going to do before kick off and I did The kid is a dirty prick and it was a case of getting the first one in. If you've ever watched Trainspotting see Begbie's tackle at the start of the film, but worse, and a scuffle afterwards. Luckily it was just a temporary sending off, you're allowed back on after 5 minutes.