5/6/7/11 a side footy thread

smoggeordie

5/6/7-a-side is shooting practice tbh. I can barely remember individual goals at the end of a game, let alone offer an in depth analysis. :hiya:

11-a-side is the mans game. I know plenty of quality of 5-a-side players that are dreadful at 11.

I know plenty who are quality at both and I know plenty who are competent at 11 a side but complete pish at 5 a side where technique is arguably even more important.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/6/7-a-side is shooting practice tbh. I can barely remember individual goals at the end of a game, let alone offer an in depth analysis. :hiya:

11-a-side is the mans game. I know plenty of quality of 5-a-side players that are dreadful at 11.

I know plenty who are quality at both and I know plenty who are competent at 11 a side but complete pish at 5 a side where technique is arguably even more important.

True. It works both ways.

I agree fwiw.

5-a-side is more fun overall, but goals in 11-a-side can be things to treasure for years and years.

Personally, I find it's a lot easier to 'hide' when it comes to 11-a-side. In 5-a-side you can't do that, plus the pace is a lot faster. Except at the TT summer tournaments.

:hiya:

Aye, true.

I'm playing 5-a-side at Man Citeh's old indoor training complex at the moment...that new fangled astro stuff....it's a good surface but we're playing on two pitches side by side, so it's as wide as it is long-a complete square in other words. Technique only comes into it when space is at a premium imho....it's absolute gash when you can just ping the ball into acres of space. The TT 5-a-side had some decent technique even if pace was non-existent. :lol:

Good performance last neet, we won 11-3, fuck knows how when we counted up who had scored what, was more like 15-3, but the referee is a total tool of a man. You think for 28 quid they'd supply decent refs, but one look at him and you can tell he's the sort who has smoked tac every single day of his life since he was 13 and now he's like 35, he reminds me of The Big Lebowski. Anyone who's played at the JJB knows who I'm on about. One neet he's reffin wor game and reading a book at the same time!

Anyway last night was one of his better performances. We were playing second bottom, but we had real problems with getting a team out (I even asked Besty <_< ), so thanks a lot to Nick's mate, Andrew Flintoff, who posts on here now and then and mainly on Newcastle-Online for turning out at the last minute, he marked his debut with a neatly taken left foot shot under the keeper. Nick got his first man of the match, probably his best game for us, and I hit a few from me own half which flew in so a good neet for us all round. W6 D1 L7 F95 A82 four games left, we're like someone like Wolves, can't go up, can't go down, but there's no reason why we can't go up next season, we lead at half time every single game bar none, and if we can get our fitness up we'll be on an open top bus round the toon, or North Shields anyway.

Referee: Ryan Sidebottom!

Was a good game though, enjoyed it.

Personally, I find it's a lot easier to 'hide' when it comes to 11-a-side. In 5-a-side you can't do that, plus the pace is a lot faster. Except at the TT summer tournaments.

<_<

Aye, true.

I'm playing 5-a-side at Man Citeh's old indoor training complex at the moment...that new fangled astro stuff....it's a good surface but we're playing on two pitches side by side, so it's as wide as it is long-a complete square in other words. Technique only comes into it when space is at a premium imho....it's absolute gash when you can just ping the ball into acres of space. The TT 5-a-side had some decent technique even if pace was non-existent. :razz:

no names said :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Stevie

Well thats this season over thank fuck, P18 W8 D1 L9 F142 A126. We finished 7th of 10, but second top scorers, and third most conceded, it's my Keegan-esque tactics. It's one of the most interesting 5 a side leagues I've played in because anyone can beat anyone, new season next week, and if we can get more than 1 point from our opening 4 games like this season, I think we'll go up. We did things in reverse last night, we usually are winning at half time and end up losing, but we were 7-1 down to the champions last night, and came back to 13-9. The five sendings off (one of them mine) haven't helped so I think I'm going to have a fine for sending off policy next season.

Anyone any suggestions for some cheap nice strips? Anywhere to buy etc.. adidas would be nice.

Let's just call that our "consolidation" season after last year's promotion :lol:

Seriously, with Malcolm and Pincer gone, there's no-one in the league that we should be scared of now. Got to be looking for a good start, two or three early wins and we'll be in with a shout.

• 2 weeks later...

My team won the league cup yesterday. Worst conditions ive ever played in and the match should never have gone ahead but we came from behind twice to win 3-2. League rules state all Semis and Finals must have 2 FA linesman and a ref and once they had turned up for their money they werent leaving without playing the match! 2 of our players had to be replaced through hypothermia in the 2nd half!

SNC11508.jpg

Edited by J69

Bollocks got beat and I have a serious dead leg this morning ;)

Twats in my team not grafting!

We got beat of a team full of old men, for the same reason.

Frustrating aint it? 3 of our lads had just had a very heavy weekend. Caught up with em last night :icon_lol:

I never defend like ;)

Well rarely but when i do im quite good, cleared one off the line the other week.

I normally score a good few, rarely good goals but i allways get the chances :icon_lol: