Managers who you just knew weren't right

Guest stevieintoon

I heard a story Mike Walker never wanted to leave Norwich but the money Everton offered him compared to the low wage he was on at Norwich (something daft like 75k a year) meant he went in the end. Didn't he end up back at Norwich?

Edited by alex

I heard a story Mike Walker never wanted to leave Norwich but the money Everton offered him compared to the low wage he was on at Norwich (something daft like 75k a year) meant he went in the end. Didn't he end up back at Norwich?

He did following their first relegation from the Premier League but was shite, ended up at Apoel FC for a short time but was again shite, he now runs a skip hire business in Norwich.

I have to think that one doomed to failure when going to a certain club was that Geordie lad from Gateshead who drove Sunderland down into the 3rd.Division.

Lawrie McNenemy.

can't see why it was obvious he was great for Southampton and the makems made him the one of the highest paid managers in the country. He was also interviewed for the England job

Oh aye, an' when he left Sunderland the fans referred to him as Lawrie Mackem-enemy.

Oh aye, an' he assisted that Taylor bloke who didn't get us into the Euro finals in 1994.

Oh aye an' he didn't do too well in Ireland either.

Sunderland were on a down-slide when they hired him and he helped them slide into the 3rd, Division for the first time in their history. Just because he did well at Dell didn't guarantee success at Roker.

are you on drugs you thick cunt. The subject is asking if you knew in advance not later.

Guest stevieintoon
I have to think that one doomed to failure when going to a certain club was that Geordie lad from Gateshead who drove Sunderland down into the 3rd.Division.

Lawrie McNenemy.

can't see why it was obvious he was great for Southampton and the makems made him the one of the highest paid managers in the country. He was also interviewed for the England job

Oh aye, an' when he left Sunderland the fans referred to him as Lawrie Mackem-enemy.

Oh aye, an' he assisted that Taylor bloke who didn't get us into the Euro finals in 1994.

Oh aye an' he didn't do too well in Ireland either.

Sunderland were on a down-slide when they hired him and he helped them slide into the 3rd, Division for the first time in their history. Just because he did well at Dell didn't guarantee success at Roker.

are you on drugs you thick cunt. The subject is asking if you knew in advance not later.

:lol:

Knew Dalglish would be shite.

But had every faith in Gullit.

I thought they'd both be good. :lol: Some judge, eh? I wasn't the only one like.

Edited by alex

I always know in advance that vulgarity will inevitably assert itself among those who are predominently ignorant.

Basically any assistant manager or other staff member who becomes the manager. Never works.

Bob Paisley ?

Joe Fagin ?

True, "never" is an overstatement. Hasn't proven successful in recent years as the managers tend to get the sacking very quickly.

I always know in advance that vulgarity will inevitably assert itself among those who are predominently ignorant.

do you know in advance that there is always one dumb fucker who doesn't read the question properly too

do you know in advance that there is always one dumb fucker ................................................................

Oh yes I do bobthemag, always. :lol:

Glenn Ponder. I mean Roeder.

:lol::icon_lol::boogie:

Do you think Shepherd done the sacking in Partridge style in front of the whole board?

"Knowing me Freddy Shepherd, Sacking you Glenn Roeder, Aha!"