The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

I would hate to sack Sam as I hate that we have gone through so many managers. That said they have been mostly shite so needed to be sacked. I would like us to have a good look at the way that the club is organised and really look at what kind of manager we want and only sack sam if we can get that type in of a sufficient calibre with the support they need in every aspect so that they can succeed. Otherwise whats the point.

I think it's going from bad to worse,look at the owner (tattoo across belly next) and then look at the bloke(inexperienced chairmanship) sitting next to SA,it's a fucking soap opera of the highest order,jinxed to the hilt and no signs of getting any better!Maybe the fans thought they finally got rid of the disease in Shepherd!but really,he will be laughing in his pint at you all,thinking that you really did force his hand,but really :lol: in the end..he got his own back! :huh:

I've only got half a bottle left :razz:

Sorry but that is bollocks. Ashley is the money and Mort is running the show. Business wise they are doing well. They are still finding their feet and are doing so by standing back and watching what is going right and going wrong. What they have is an established brand with an operation at start up level. They have to look at all of the personnel the policies and procedures. When they have decided what they need to do I have belief they will do it correctly. Unfortunately this is the best season for a long time for us to be shit. There are much worse teams below us and it is highly unlikely that we will go down no matter how bad we are.

I would hate to sack Sam as I hate that we have gone through so many managers. That said they have been mostly shite so needed to be sacked. I would like us to have a good look at the way that the club is organised and really look at what kind of manager we want and only sack sam if we can get that type in of a sufficient calibre with the support they need in every aspect so that they can succeed. Otherwise whats the point.

I think it's going from bad to worse,look at the owner (tattoo across belly next) and then look at the bloke(inexperienced chairmanship) sitting next to SA,it's a fucking soap opera of the highest order,jinxed to the hilt and no signs of getting any better!Maybe the fans thought they finally got rid of the disease in Shepherd!but really,he will be laughing in his pint at you all,thinking that you really did force his hand,but really :lol: in the end..he got his own back! :huh:

I've only got half a bottle left :nufc:

Sorry but that is bollocks.

Aye!but it's pissed bollocks gimme a break here :razz:

I am just bitter cos I am at work.

I am just bitter cos I am at work.

Giz a job,go on! i can do that! i can walk in a straight line,look!go on,giz it! :nufc:

Not 100% but not a bad article Daily Mail

Sam Allardyce did fantastic things for Bolton Wanderers, and he did it his way. But I'm sure he's intelligent enough to realise that if he wants to make a success at Newcastle United, he will have to adapt as much to the club as they will to him.

Yesterday's narrow defeat at Chelsea proved the spirit may not be quite as bad as people have suggested. If Newcastle had enjoyed a little bit of luck regarding Chelsea's controversial late winner, it would have been a job well done.

Now the pressure will really be on for the home game against Manchester City this week, which I'm going to see. What I and 52,000 other fans will wish for is not just the right result but Newcastle playing the "right" type of football, with plenty of wit, the ball being passed along the deck and creativity in midfield.

As a frequent visitor and keen champion of all the Premier League clubs in the north-east, I'm obviously concerned at how the season has gone so far, although yesterday's games were definitely more encouraging.

Even though Newcastle are above Middlesbrough and Sunderland in the table, they are considered the biggest club, so predictably Sam has taken even more flak than Gareth Southgate or Roy Keane.

You can't fool the Geordie public and this season has been definitely disappointing, in terms of performances as much as results.

There is a certain style and vibrancy associated with Newcastle and the fans feel let down if they turn up and don't see anything to thrill them.

If you look at Newcastle players, you can't say that Geremi, Mark Viduka, Nicky Butt, Alan Smith or Joey Barton are individually bad players, but if you put them all in the same line-up, you've got a team short of legs, particularly against some of today's teams who are packed with athletes.

Let's make it clear, I don't think Sam deserves the sack.You should only sack bad managers or those who don't fit in. Sam certainly isn't in the first category and should be given more time to prove he can acclimatise to a new club and all the anticipation and expectations that surround it.

I wasn't one of those who criticised Sam at Bolton. I thought he did a marvellous job on limited resources. He brought in some top players from abroad like Jay-Jay Okocha, and developed a system based around Kevin Davies that helped Bolton punch above their weight. The trouble for Sam is the style they produced had an upper ceiling.

What would be considered success for Bolton — slightly above halfway — is regarded as failure at Newcastle.

To break into the top six, you need flair as well as method. Big Sam's challenge is how to become a top Newcastle manager, even if it means sacrificing some of the things that have made him successful in the past.

Organisation and stability take you so far but I don't think Newcastle fans can be satisfied without cheering on players that can attack and entertain.

Past Newcastle teams have been criticised for gambling too much.That was aimed at Kevin Keegan's side, and me as well. But it is preferable to the alternative of sterile football.

Perhaps Sam has to take a more devil-may-care attitude, particularly at home. If he can trust his flair players like Emre, Charles N'Zogbia and James Milner, fans will forgive you if you don't win every week.

It's a learning curve for Sam and likewise for owner Mike Ashley. He is hugely successful in business and I understand why he might stand among the fans in his black-and-white top. It's because he's new to football, and wants to see how the fans think.

It's a great idea but, in my view, has probably served its usefulness now. Even Newcastle's great supporters would admit they are fickle. It's one of their perks! But as a club owner, you have to take a more responsible, long-term view than cheering a player one minute and jeering him the next.

It might be best for Mr Ashley to put on a suit, step back and start making strategic decisions detached from the groans of die-hard supporters.

The most important single decision is who to have as manager. I don't see an obviously better candidate around than Sam, even though he's under pressure with Barton remanded in custody and others reportedly unhappy. But Mr Ashley didn't appoint him, so that decision is his prerogative.

I know Alan Shearer's appointment would be extremely popular but fans must realise he won't simply be able to come in and wave a magic wand to make everything all right.

We all know Sam has the substance, now he's got to show he also has style.

Didier Deschamps has admitted he would like to coach in the Premier League.

The Frenchman has been out of work since stepping down as Juventus manager at the end of last season.

He is now looking to return to management and concedes he would be most excited to receive a job offer from England.

"If you want to have the most freedom to act, the best country seems to be England, where the coach can decide more on signings," Deschamps told L'Equipe.

"Spain is attractive too but Italy would be difficult as I am labelled 'Juventus'.

"It would also give me enormous pride to coach the France national team. It would be a beautiful way to come full circle after experiencing that level as a player and captain."

Chelsea

Deschamps was heavily linked with the Chelsea job following Jose Mourinho's departure and he admits he has been contacted by his former club in the past.

Deschamps has also revealed that he was approached by a couple of French clubs in the summer.

He said: "Chelsea and Valencia? I know some people at those two clubs, and there were approaches.

"There was contact with Lyon but the timing was not good after my departure from Juventus.

"I also met Lens chairman Gervais Martel."

And if everyone's waiting for him to get the sack, he might as well get it now.

Egg-zacly! Why give him the opportunity to spunk away the January funds on more huff and puff players?

He won't get Anelka because Anelka knows he's fucked. He'll get arse shaving and then leave him to rot in reserves or worse as LB.

Now to answer the constant who's available retort, in not particular order:

Jose Mourinho (not likely but money talks)

Didier Deschamps

Gérard Houllier

José Antonio Camacho

Vicente del Bosque

Guus Hiddink - it appears he hasn't extended his deal with Russia past 2008 Euro and he's been known to manage club and country.

Louis van Gaal

Co Adriaanse

Bert van Marwijk

Luigi Del Neri

Cesare Prandelli

Eric Gerets

edit: forgot Thomas Doll

And yes some of them may have only recently joined their current clubs but that has never stopped anyone in the past.

Not 100% but not a bad article Daily Mail

Even though Newcastle are above Middlesbrough and Sunderland in the table, they are considered the biggest club, so predictably Sam has taken even more flak than Gareth Southgate or Roy Keane.

A jounalist wrote that and an editor let it be printed?

Am I mis-reading it?

Give the man a job FFS. He should be our Franz Beckenbauer or Bobby Charlton. :good:

He's too frail to do much really.

Yeah you're probably right...I just think the guy's got so much wisdom it would be a shame not to use it.

Should never have been ejected from the club in the way he was in the first place. He is much too frail these days and I fear his days are numbered. Id be tempted to invited him back into the club as an ambassador or something just so he goes out with more pride.

Then again, he should go out with his head held high no matter what he does now, if anything.

• 3 months later...
You can thank me now if you wish :lol:

And they say us aussies don't know a thing about football! :(

Fair-dinkum blue !

You can thank me now if you wish :lol:

And they say us aussies don't know a thing about football! :(

Fair-dinkum blue !

That would be bloke, not blue Jimbo.

I'm a strawberry blonde [/gemmill] :P

• 13 years later...