The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

I know I'm going to get hammered by some folk for this but I've had enough, this isn't knee-jerk or lack of patience, to me this is simply recognising early that we have the wrong man in charge, for too many times this season a match has been lost as soon as the team sheet was pinned to the dressing room wall, for all his sports science and analytical approach and "modern" management techniques we are achieving nothing, give me decent coaching and management over this any day.

No doubt there will be plenty that disagree with me, but I guarantee that sooner or later you'll be agreeing, and sadly we'll be closer to the foot of the table by the time you do.

haven't we had one of the threads already?

i don't think we should sack him. he's had nowhere near enough time. but if he keeps playing smith in midfield my patience is going to wear thin.

bloody hell when will we stop getting the knives out when the likes of the jock was here we could only dream of getting S.A up here.

no he is are you already wanting him gone.

not saying he will lead us to glory but I think he will sort this club out behind the scenes and then only then will we see things start to improve.

We have to give the bloke time.

Managers and time...they all plead for it, it doesn't excuse poor team selection though. Souness wanted time. Roeder wanted time. A good manager gets performances going in the right direction sooner rather than later. Time is what football clubs don't have. I'm not impressed.

The hallmarks of a good manager? The first thing is morale, followed by good team selection, then playing a system that is effective with the players at his disposal. So far I haven't seen any evidence of any of these things and whether the team are all eating tofu now is fucking irrelevant.

I started a thread like this only 2-3 weeks ago,To say a manager needs time is cock and bull.Ok to make us into champions league contenders he'll need time but to make us back into a decent team with the payers he has should be fairly easy.

I didn't even think about watching the game today as i knew the team sheet would give them the edge again

Managers and time...they all plead for it, it doesn't excuse poor team selection though. Souness wanted time. Roeder wanted time. A good manager gets performances going in the right direction sooner rather than later. Time is what football clubs don't have. I'm not impressed.

The hallmarks of a good manager? The first thing is morale, followed by good team selection, then playing a system that is effective with the players at his disposal. So far I haven't seen any evidence of any of these things and whether the team are all eating tofu now is fucking irrelevant.

Who are you to dictate the hallmakrs of a good manager?

Yes it's disappointing, yes there are areas of concern, but Newcastle fans have to be the most fickle unsupportive bunch of bastards when things aren't going there way. I think you all need to wake up and smell the coffee, we're haven't got a divine right to challenge for any kind of honours, we need to be patient and be supportive. Simply throwing in the towel after 14 games is pathetic.

I cuoldn't care less if you think I'm being patronising or condescending or arrogant, the facts are we've still had the beststart to a season in 30 odd years, we're still in a process of upheaval, we have no idea what's going on in training and we've no idea what plans are afoot.

even if we played to our best today I couldn't see us getting anything out of tghis game, they're on paper a superiro side, on form a vastly superior side and they've got the benefit of a manager who's been given time despite a less tyhan illustrious beginning to his career.

get some fucking perspective man

We have just turned into the most terrible cliche.

Fans = Allardcye out!111 lolz!1

Allardyce = Smithhh!1 omfg 11 pklats lolz!

Players = omfg1 shitee llz111 £££333£££

It looks clueless and careless.

Led zeppelin = wtf?!!11

Led zeppelin = wtf?!!11

:lol:

I know I'm going to get hammered by some folk for this but I've had enough, this isn't knee-jerk or lack of patience, to me this is simply recognising early that we have the wrong man in charge, for too many times this season a match has been lost as soon as the team sheet was pinned to the dressing room wall, for all his sports science and analytical approach and "modern" management techniques we are achieving nothing, give me decent coaching and management over this any day.

No doubt there will be plenty that disagree with me, but I guarantee that sooner or later you'll be agreeing, and sadly we'll be closer to the foot of the table by the time you do.

Erm yes it is.

Now dont get me wrong if we can bring in Mourinho or somebody of obvious top top quality then ok. In the absence of an immediate replacement of this calibre then sacking Allerdyce would be ridiculous.

Who are you to dictate the hallmakrs of a good manager?

Yes it's disappointing, yes there are areas of concern, but Newcastle fans have to be the most fickle unsupportive bunch of bastards when things aren't going there way. I think you all need to wake up and smell the coffee, we're haven't got a divine right to challenge for any kind of honours, we need to be patient and be supportive. Simply throwing in the towel after 14 games is pathetic.

I cuoldn't care less if you think I'm being patronising or condescending or arrogant, the facts are we've still had the beststart to a season in 30 odd years, we're still in a process of upheaval, we have no idea what's going on in training and we've no idea what plans are afoot.

even if we played to our best today I couldn't see us getting anything out of tghis game, they're on paper a superiro side, on form a vastly superior side and they've got the benefit of a manager who's been given time despite a less tyhan illustrious beginning to his career.

get some fucking perspective man

:lol::icon_lol:

It's not my opinion it's a fact. If you have some other way of defining a good manager in this day and age I'd LOVE to hear it..... You don't get time that's the whole point. That's why they're paid so much. You need to get results. I think all of us could even forgive the results if we looked like we were going in the right direction but we aren't. Losing at home to Liverpool is one thing, but Portsmouth, Derby and Reading??? The baffling tactics???

I think you might want to check that "best start to a season" line as well....I'd be surprised if it's still the case.

Last season O'Neill didn't do as well as expected at Villa. The difference between him and "Big Sam" is he has an idea of what the right thing to do is. He didn't use any insane tactics ala Sam. I'm losing patience with our manager because there's no good reason to think these five years he demands will see drastic improvements.

This is not a knee jerk reaction but a realisation that Sam doesn't know what he is doing.

His team selection, tactics, substitutions and management from the sideline, point to a person that doesn't have the answers.

In the tv coverage at one point they cut to big Mike texting someone, let's hope it's whomever he has lined up for the job.

And for those that call for him to be given more time, today he had 7 of his players (Geremi, Beye, Roz, Enrique, Smith, Viduka, Barton) on the field and yet none of them had any idea what they should be doing.

Honourable thing would be for big Sam to resign, will he be a Guillit or a Souness?

Edit: You're a bastid jimbo, I didn't see your thread!!!!!!!

Edited by sammynb

Whats the point in giving him time ffs he intentionally plays players out of positions Enrique and Beye have often been dropped so that a centre back and a left winger can play in their position, but I'm sure he is only doing these random idiotic decisions now and he wont do them given time :lol: . His substitutions are Roeder-esque i mean we were playing 4-4-2 with one wide sided player on the pitch so he took that winger off for another one where is the sense in that? People also say "best start we've had in years" it has been the easiest start opposition wise we've had getting 2 points from playing derby, boro, reading and sunderland is definitely not good the only "top 8" teams we've played so far are pompey, man city and now Liverpool and we have been slaughtered by all three. Man City were in an almost identical position to us last season now look at them Sven seemingly hasn't "needed time". I mean we beat Liverpool in this fixture last season with hideous amounts of injuries whereas this season we didn't even get a shot on target how is that progress.

As for who we get I don't know I just don't understand why people insist on giving Allardyce time because he's "established" Souness won more in his managerial career and people weren't willing to give him time (not saying I was wanting Souness to stay), maybe just get big Mike to give someone like Capello a massive wage to come here.

Edited by Barton7

Allerdyce football is play your players out of position and just boot the ball up field and hope for the best.At the moment he does'nt seem to have any game plan whatsoever,and his tatics or lack of them seem clueless :lol:

Whats the point in giving him time ffs he intentionally plays players out of positions Enrique and Beye have often been dropped so that a centre back and a left winger can play in their position, but I'm sure he is only doing these random idiotic decisions now and he wont do them given time :lol: . His substitutions are Roeder-esque i mean we were playing 4-4-2 with one wide sided player on the pitch so he took that winger off for another one where is the sense in that? People also say "best start we've had in years" it has been the easiest start opposition wise we've had getting 2 points from playing derby, boro, reading and sunderland is definitely not good the only "top 8" teams we've played so far are pompey, man city and now Liverpool and we have been slaughtered by all three. Man City were in an almost identical position to us last season now look at them Sven seemingly hasn't "needed time". I mean we beat Liverpool in this fixture last season with hideous amounts of injuries whereas this season we didn't even get a shot on target how is that progress.

As for who we get I don't know I just don't understand why people insist on giving Allardyce time because he's "established" Souness won more in his managerial career and people weren't willing to give him time (not saying I was wanting Souness to stay), maybe just get big Mike to give someone like Capello a massive wage to come here.

QFT

Sadly to sack him would leave us in the same mess we end up in nearly every season and we'd have to scrap another season and start all over again once more for the umpteenth time. So as has been said, unless Ashley had a geunine top class manager nailed on to step in it would be mad to sack him.

However today was an absolute disgrace and was management at a level Sounness and Roeder might struggle to reach! At home playign with no width whatsoever so that we didnt trouble them at all, but also allowed their fullbacks and widemen a free run to the halfway line to start attack after attack. We seemed to have Smith playing in some bizarre role ahead of the two central mids and behind the strikers where he really shouldn't be. We were wasting Zog in his role and both strikers as they got nowt all game. So Butt spent his whole time having to try and cover two positons as the formation was so shite and nobody else had a clue why they were put where they were.

Then if it wasn't all shite enough he comes up with three of the most moronic substitutions ive ever seen. Taking of Emre the only one even remotely likely to create anything and Zog was farcial, it also took of the only left footers...which of course allowed him to slot Millner straight onto the left wing...genius! And to end it perfectly he brings Stephen Carr on, that'll change everything won't it!!!

If it wasn't for Given and Torres that would have been 8-0 and thats the result Fat Sam deserved, but the rest of us didn't.

Sadly to sack him would leave us in the same mess we end up in nearly every season and we'd have to scrap another season and start all over again once more for the umpteenth time. So as has been said, unless Ashley had a geunine top class manager nailed on to step in it would be mad to sack him.

However today was an absolute disgrace and was management at a level Sounness and Roeder might struggle to reach! At home playign with no width whatsoever so that we didnt trouble them at all, but also allowed their fullbacks and widemen a free run to the halfway line to start attack after attack. We seemed to have Smith playing in some bizarre role ahead of the two central mids and behind the strikers where he really shouldn't be. We were wasting Zog in his role and both strikers as they got nowt all game. So Butt spent his whole time having to try and cover two positons as the formation was so shite and nobody else had a clue why they were put where they were.

Then if it wasn't all shite enough he comes up with three of the most moronic substitutions ive ever seen. Taking of Emre the only one even remotely likely to create anything and Zog was farcial, it also took of the only left footers...which of course allowed him to slot Millner straight onto the left wing...genius! And to end it perfectly he brings Stephen Carr on, that'll change everything won't it!!!

If it wasn't for Given and Torres that would have been 8-0 and thats the result Fat Sam deserved, but the rest of us didn't.

Today was a masterclass on how to get EVERYTHING wrong.

Its hard to imagine how anyone could make so many mistakes.