The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

There are too many bad signs imo. Selections, style, tactics, responses to the way games go, result expectations - eg draw at Derby would have been good.

I agree with everybody who has said another change is ludicrous but using that as a reason not to get out of what will become a desperate situation when we are hammered by Blackburn an Arsenal is a worse alternative.

Giving time is a good idea but going back to when we were pretty terrible under Bobby the one thing people had was genuine hope that the bloke would change it. There were the odd signs - a bit of football here, a dogged effort there, an occasional sparkling post-match interview - usually honest as fuck.

I'd summarise my current feeling as a complete lack of that hope.

Time is not the panacea of all managerial troubles, many may point the finger at managers that have been given time to turn things around, such as Fergie at ManUre and Everton with Moyes, good examples but I wager neither of those fine managers ever displayed such utter ineptitude in team selection, formation and subsitutions as Sam Allardyce, give him more time ? time to turn it around or time to sink yet further ?

yes it may be foolish to dump him if there is no replacement, but if I were the owner of NUFC I'd be making some phone calls.

The fans won't get BS sacked, he's doing a cracking job of achieving that himself . IMHO I just don't think Ashley will piss around with him and give him time, he wasn't his choice of manager and I don't think he would have been his choice. I would imagine Ashley wanting a bigger name/brand to manage his club, a name that makes the football world sit up and take notice, Allardyce isn't that and thats why I don't think he'll be trusted to spend in Jan.

2 games I tell you and thats his wack i reckon

yes it may be foolish to dump him if there is no replacement, but if I were the owner of NUFC I'd be making some phone calls.

It's foolish to get rid of him unless the replacement is a 50 yr old Bobby Robson, a Ferguson (of any age) a Wenger etc.

Realistically we're not big enough to attract that level of manager, we need stabilising and Sam Allardyce can do that if given at least 1 season.

in any case, sacking Sam Allardyce now would send a message to all managers around the world. "You have 13 games to get it right or you're gone."

Which is as terrifying as it is ludicrous.

He will stabalise us in the Championship if we stick with him!!!

Seriously. Get a grip of yourself man. Championship

If you honestly think we'll get relegated I've a bet for you I'll bet £50 of mine against £25 of yours that we won't.

If you haven't the balls to back up your hyperbole stop spouting it. You lot are as bad as the tabloids for hysterical reactions!

:lol:

in any case, sacking Sam Allardyce now would send a message to all managers around the world. "You have 13 games to get it right or you're gone."

Which is as terrifying as it is ludicrous.

Managers have huge egos - a lot (especially of the kind we need) would say "bring it on".

Doesn't this fill tyou with dread?

That a businessman with the success of Ashley could be hurriedly forced into a decision by some need to bow to public pressure?

I'd have grave concerns about the chairman and the owner if they sacked Sam Allardyce now or in two games time, if (come the end of the season we've shown no signs of improving and actual signs or regression, then sure get rid. but this pathetic need to get an instant fix is the very reason we're in the shite we're in now.

That a businessman with the success of Ashley could be hurriedly forced into a decision by some need to bow to public pressure?

I'd have grave concerns about the chairman and the owner if they sacked Sam Allardyce now or in two games time, if (come the end of the season we've shown no signs of improving and actual signs or regression, then sure get rid. but this pathetic need to get an instant fix is the very reason we're in the shite we're in now.

He's not their man. IF they had appointed him then they would stick with him.

Correct!

Im loath to see another managerial change, more so mid way into a season (well, not even that).

This said, today was a classic example of whats wrong. The line up was odd but half expected given the injuries. the only thing I really questioned was Milner being on the bench. Id have had him at RWB not Geremi. Anyway, I thought we started off, ok. Just ok. But as Liveprool pressed, we became more and more negative so much to the point that after 20mins we had 10/11 men behind the ball. When Martins or viduka did get it, they had no option and the support was slow to non existant.

Then, he changed Emre (our mild midfield spark) for Barton (Useless tbf). Then the incredible happened. When we seen Milner getting ready, we were glad as the right was screaming for it. Id have either had a straight swap for Geremi or maybe Smith and pulled Geremi inside. Anyway, we joked that knowing Sam he'd swap him for Zog. Well would you fucking believe it.

Now I dont profess to be any footballing genius. But honestly someone needs to explain some of what he is thinking to me because I aint got a clue. Ill watch match of the day perhaps only to learn whatever it is that I obviously just dont see. Well, that and seeing the mackems get twatted.

Oh, and the guests of collingwood insurance? Blind fuckers or too pissed from their freebies to see what was happening. Butt was my man of the match by far. smith? Fucking idiots.

So, no, Im loath for Sam to go. I dont think its what we need right now (unless someone of decent calibre was ready and willing). Yet, Im loath to see him stay with the current plight of things.

He needs to get a grip, see whats going wrong and fucking act.

Giving him time is fine if you can see a hint of progression, and a plan for the future, what we have seen so far is worse than even under Roeder in my opinion, if you want to see Alan Smith played at all costs, insane formations and team selection and substitutions that defy all logic then I'm happy for you, but at least have some sympathy for those of us that find it unacceptable.

To be fair I think he'd also have been their man.

Think about it, we were behind all other teams in our ... clique (fwoabw). In training, in tactics, in mentality both on and off the pitch, in media handling, in every facet of a professional top flight club.

What had been seen at Bolton would lead someone to assume that Sam Allardyce was a manager (who could be attracted to a club of our stature) who used up-to-date techniques, procedures and approaches which allowed him to stand out from the run of the mill managers in the English leagues.

Think about it, we were behind all other teams in our ... clique (fwoabw). In training, in tactics, in mentality both on and off the pitch, in media handling, in every facet of a professional top flight club.

What had been seen at Bolton would lead someone to assume that Sam Allardyce was a manager (who could be attracted to a club of our stature) who used up-to-date techniques, procedures and approaches which allowed him to stand out from the run of the mill managers in the English leagues.

And was being investigated for taking bungs...sound like their kind of man now? I don't think so Blazer Boy :lol:

Maybe so, but that doesn't change the fact that they're more likely to sack him given that they didn't appoint him.

One of the reasons I'm so disappointed is that BSA had EVERYTHING going for him. For the first time in years and years we had our new manager in place BEFORE the summer transfer window. Enough time to plan player recruitment and get his training systems in place. What worries me is that Roeder did more to turn the club around without any of this. He just got us playing better. Our bad run under him was with arguably far weaker resources.

I had such high hopes that we'd put this all behind us that I think this bad run is hitting us harder than it would normally. I really fail to see any good reason why we should be doing so poorly. I think BSA should at least have a chance to get his teeth into some "lower" opposition that's coming up, but really...we've GOT to start turning it around sharpish. He's kidding himself if he thinks anyone's going to wait 5 years to see an improvement.

it's clear I'm the only one who is willing to give the guy time (or the only one who's happy to stick his neck out and swim against the tide... (if that's not mixing metaphores poorly I don't know what is)).

So perhaps it's best I shut up and let you lot wail and gnash your teeth for a while.

mark my words though, we sack him now we'll spend another year treading water... at least ..

sellsheet_cover.jpg

it's clear I'm the only one who is willing to give the guy time (or the only one who's happy to stick his neck out and swim against the tide... (if that's not mixing metaphores poorly I don't know what is)).

So perhaps it's best I shut up and let you lot wail and gnash your teeth for a while.

mark my words though, we sack him now we'll spend another year treading water... at least ..

sellsheet_cover.jpg

Treading water ? I'll take treading water over what we are doing at the moment which is sinking without trace.

No, Id have to back you here Fish. I think its footballing suicide to boot out yet another manager already into a season. the football is shit, the players dont have a clue what they are meant to be doing, Sam havent a clue who is best players are or what their positions are or what tactics he wants to employ. The Pa was clearly fucked again and the mascots should be shot. BUT, I dont thin kgetting rid right now would be the answer.

Ride the storm.

It depends on who we get though... a bright young manager like dare I say it Roy Keane who gets players playing football with spirit despite their ability would do wonders - I don't mean get Keane himself - just saying its possible.

sellsheet_cover.jpg

Treading water ? I'll take treading water over what we are doing at the moment which is sinking without trace.

Fucking hell jimbo, we're not bottom of the league. We're not sinking without a trace.

Stop being so bloody sensationalist man. Boro we're beaten 3-0 at home to Villa, Mackems were twatted 7-1 by Everton, Pompey beat Birmingham 2-0. Those are clubs in the shitter, we're not sinking without a trace for fucks sake. We might be playing shite recently, we may be struggling to find form or our best formation or first 11, yet we're still mid table and we still benefit from the financial backing of Ashley. We've still got a good side on papaer and we've still got over 2/3rds of the season left to play.

and we wonder why fans of other clubs think we've a disproportiante view of our own stature in the game... :lol:

Edited by The Fish

sellsheet_cover.jpg

Fucking hell jimbo, we're not bottom of the league. We're not sinking without a trace.

Stop being so bloody sensationalist man. Boro we're beaten 3-0 at home to Villa, Mackems were twatted 7-1 by Everton, Pompey beat Birmingham 2-0. Those are clubs in the shitter, we're not sinking without a trace for fucks sake. We might be playing shite recently, we may be struggling to find form or our best formation or first 11, yet we're still mid table and we still benefit from the financial backing of Ashley. We've still got a good side on papaer and we've still got over 2/3rds of the season left to play.

and we wonder why fans of other clubs think we've a disproportiante view of our own stature in the game... :icon_lol:

Have you seen any evidence of anything other than a downward spiral ?

and I thought you were going to shut up ?

:lol:

Bramble et al departing.

bang goes your "no evidence of anything but a downward spiral"

mind you the bloke on the local BBC news just said Marcus Babel scored... so we must have been shit.

oh and I'm not posting any more after this one. :lol: