The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

With the right signings during january we could make a good push for a uefa cup spot.

But even if we dont i'll still be reasonably satisfied as i know we are making progess in other areas (such as coaching, scouting, fitness, facilities.......).

With the right signings during january we could make a good push for a uefa cup spot.

Aye, maybe a striker to play in defence or a new goal keeper to play on the right wing.

:lol:

I don't like agreeing with Fish usually, but he's spot on.

Far too many people expect us to be back in the top six straight away this season and it's quite simply not the case. We're not a top six side, we haven't been for a long, long time and anyone believing we can get there this year is a moron.

We harp on about 'planning' and getting in a manager who can build a club and when we do, because his first six or seven months aren't off the wall people want to fucking get rid. Give me a break :lol: Why don't we give someone sufficient time to build Newcastle United into a club we can be proud of rather than acting like spoiled fucking children when we don't get preferable results against team that we probably should be beating. We've got a manager who has shown that he's more than capable of building a club from top to bottom and we're not willing to give him the time. Keep doing this and we'll never be anything more than a mid table side with delusional ambitions.

Sorry Skol but that argument carries no weight.

The flaw in your argument is Souness, a manager with a history of winning things.

People lose their way, for whatever reason or succeed in one place but fail in another although the role is basically the same.

Allardyce is just another example of how someone might work in one club but is totally out of his depth at another.

Can I just take a minute to post this...

tablews3.jpg

and say, what did you fucking expect!?

Yer kna what, come hell or high water i've stuck up for Newcastle fans, especially when we get the fickle jibe but it's times like these when I want to hold my hands up and put the boot into our own fans.

6 points from playing Derby twice ? perhaps venture as far to look even slighlty better than the worst 2 teams in the league ?

We are ninth.

Arenal lost to Middlesborough.

Spurs have lost to innumerable teams beneath their payscale this season

Nobody is happy with this result, but christ on a boke changing manager won't fix a God Damn Thing.

Far too many people expect us to be back in the top six straight away this season and it's quite simply not the case. We're not a top six side, we haven't been for a long, long time and anyone believing we can get there this year is a moron.

We harp on about 'planning' and getting in a manager who can build a club and when we do, because his first six or seven months aren't off the wall people want to fucking get rid. Give me a break :lol: Why don't we give someone sufficient time to build Newcastle United into a club we can be proud of rather than acting like spoiled fucking children when we don't get preferable results against team that we probably should be beating. We've got a manager who has shown that he's more than capable of building a club from top to bottom and we're not willing to give him the time. Keep doing this and we'll never be anything more than a mid table side with delusional ambitions.

Agree 100% with these sentiments. We are not a good team, Sam Allardyce took over a squad of rubbish and being 9th atm is a fair achievement. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will NUFC.

is it going to be like this after every bad result?

fucking laughable if it is

Yes. And yes. Pathetic isn't it.

Result - not necessarily - shocking performance - yes.

I expect at least 15 out of the 20 left.

Are Everton and Pompey "good" teams because the managers have had time or because they have reasonable squads with managers who suit them - I'd argue the latter.

I've already given my view on this pathetic "we're 9th, a few points behind 5th" shite - come back when the fixtures have evened themselves out at the end of January.

Agree 100% with these sentiments. We are not a good team, Sam Allardyce took over a squad of rubbish and being 9th atm is a fair achievement. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will NUFC.

He took over an average squad which he has strengthened in numbers. The team is worse.

I wouldnt say that I think booting Sam is the answer. Its the easy option but not necessarily the right option.

Since he came though, would we say the football or even the results are any better? Without checking, I'd say no at least for the results. The only thing that has perhaps changed (on the field) is that the quality of our squad is perhaps better and that we dont seem to have as much "dead wood". This said, it still is far from being good enough. Whilst initially happy at Sams first signings, Im becoming increasingly resigned to the fact that many are not right. Example Id give would be Barton (still has alot to prove), Geremi (after a good pre-season and withered to nothing, possibly due to being played wide more than anything), Smith (cant fault his commitment, but with what end result? clearly plays better up from than right midfield, but in being up front seeds to produce goals).

I wouldnt say that I think booting Sam is the answer. Its the easy option but not necessarily the right option.

Since he came though, would we say the football or even the results are any better? Without checking, I'd say no at least for the results. The only thing that has perhaps changed (on the field) is that the quality of our squad is perhaps better and that we dont seem to have as much "dead wood". This said, it still is far from being good enough. Whilst initially happy at Sams first signings, Im becoming increasingly resigned to the fact that many are not right. Example Id give would be Barton (still has alot to prove), Geremi (after a good pre-season and withered to nothing, possibly due to being played wide more than anything), Smith (cant fault his commitment, but with what end result? clearly plays better up from than right midfield, but in being up front seeds to produce goals).

The results are better than last season so far I believe but other than that I totally agree.

Bolton (a) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 0

Villa (h) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 3

Boro (a) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 0

Wigan (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 3

Derby (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 1 (using Watford)

West Ham (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 1

Man city (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 1

Everton (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season :1

Spurs (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 3

Reading (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 0

Portsmouth (h) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 3

Mackems (a) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 3 (Sheff Utd)

Liverpool (h) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 3

Blackburn (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 3

Arsenal (h) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 1

Birmingham (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 1 (Charlton)

Fulham (a) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 0

Derby (h) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 3 (Watford)

Total This season : 26 pts

Total Last Season : 30 pts

So actually, team for team (replacement accepted) we are 4 points worse off.

Like many point out, our position in the table doesnt show a true reflection due to the games played. Last season we finished on 43 points which was enough for 13th.

I think the results are better season to date, but not on like for like games.

Edit : Yes I was bored while waiting for my breakfast to cook :lol:

Edited by JawD

tablews3.jpg

Yer kna what, come hell or high water i've stuck up for Newcastle fans, especially when we get the fickle jibe but it's times like these when I want to hold my hands up and put the boot into our own fans.

6 points from playing Derby twice ? perhaps venture as far to look even slighlty better than the worst 2 teams in the league ?

We are ninth.

Nobody is happy with this result, but christ on a boke changing manager won't fix a God Damn Thing.

Didn't do the aforementioned Spurs any harm.

Bolton (a) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 0........................................Better.

Villa (h) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 3.............................................................................WO

SE

Boro (a) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 0.........................................Better.

Wigan (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 3.............................................................Same.

Derby (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 1 (using Watford).....................................................WORSE

West Ham (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 1..........................................Better.

Man city (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 1..............................................................................W

RSE

Everton (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 1..........................................Better.

Spurs (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 3.............................................................Same.

Reading (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 0 ............................................................Same.

Portsmouth (h) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 3..............................................................................W

RSE

Mackems (a) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 3 (using Sheff Utd)....................................................WORSE

Liverpool (h) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 3.............................................................................WO

SE

Blackburn (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 3.............................................................................WO

SE

Arsenal (h) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 1..............................................................Same.

Birmingham (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 1 (using Charlton).................Better.

Fulham (a) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 0.........................................Better.

Derby (h) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 3 (Using Watford).....................................................WORSE

:lol:

tablews3.jpg

We are ninth.

Sacking Sammy Lee hasn't done Bolton any harm at all.

when a team of derby's standard score a quarter of their goals after 18 games, in one game (away from home) you have to stand up and wonder is Sam the right man. C'mon derby are poor and notched the only win of their season to date against us. We should be smashing 3 or 4 past derby or on a bad day grinding out a 1-0 win. Interested to see if sam gets money in january, if he doesn't i believe hel be off in the summer, with mort already eyeing up a replacement.

tablews3.jpg

We are ninth.

Sacking Sammy Lee hasn't done Bolton any harm at all.

Who do you think we could realistically attract? Baring in mind we're a mid-table club and have been for the past few seasons, and who would have this immediate impact that you are craving Jimbo mate?

Take into account Gary Megson's unavailable. :lol:

Who do you think we could realistically attract? Baring in mind we're a mid-table club and have been for the past few seasons, and who would have this immediate impact that you are craving Jimbo mate?

Take into account Gary Megson's unavailable. :lol:

That really all depends on the ambition and willingness of Ashley to spend money, I don't think anyone knows yet whether he's prepared to spend big if he gets his own man in.

Would people be happy with Jol?

BTW at the present time I would only advocate sacking Allardyce if there is a suitable replacement lined up, whilst I'm very unhappy with him I wouldn't say we're in a crisis and there's no need to push the panic button just yet.

I have been thinking about replacdements and I am not sure that I want a big name. I would be quite happy to see a young up and coming manager who has learnt how to do the job and had a broad spectrum of ideas when it comes to tactics. I would like Mort to interview people and ask "What tactics do you use" and then giive the job to the person who replies "Whichever ones fit the team and situation best". The same as "do you have a favoured formation" "No I see what the team looks like first". I think managers who believe themselves to have been successful and full of themselves (Spitting the dummy because they didnt get the England job) to be too rigid and egotistical to learn new things. Just my opinion like.

I still think allardyce should get until the end of the season at least.

Clearly we need another left back and a creative central midfielder. a new left back would at least give enrique some competition and get a game when hes injured. this would mean zoggy could play on the left with milner on the right. and Duff is back from his vacation.

Possibly one or 2 other signings as well to fill out the squad. Maybe a right winger?

Could make a world of difference to our results.

But he has a 5 year plan. Are you willing to give him that??? :lol:

Sorry Skol but that argument carries no weight.

The flaw in your argument is Souness, a manager with a history of winning things.

People lose their way, for whatever reason or succeed in one place but fail in another although the role is basically the same.

Allardyce is just another example of how someone might work in one club but is totally out of his depth at another.

Yes, but Souness was shit and even though he had quite a substantial trophy cabinet he'd ruined every club he'd been at. Souness was arguably only a success at Rangers, and that was down to the fact they were by far the best team in a very poor league.

I have been thinking about replacdements and I am not sure that I want a big name. I would be quite happy to see a young up and coming manager who has learnt how to do the job and had a broad spectrum of ideas when it comes to tactics. I would like Mort to interview people and ask "What tactics do you use" and then giive the job to the person who replies "Whichever ones fit the team and situation best". The same as "do you have a favoured formation" "No I see what the team looks like first". I think managers who believe themselves to have been successful and full of themselves (Spitting the dummy because they didnt get the England job) to be too rigid and egotistical to learn new things. Just my opinion like.

But then as soon as results went against us, certain people would bang their fists on the table and moan that "he's not good enough", "He hasn't got a proven track record" etc.