The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

Well if the quote about that Ashley made about winning the prem or CL within five years is true then he needs to flash some cash and get Mourihno talked into it - as you say money talks and i think he would like nothing better than to shove it up abramovich - cos at this rate we will be trying for for the the blue square premiership within five years - i was willing to give him time but he is making Roeder and Souness look good at the moment - its fucking inept and bloody awful on the eye and i can't see the type of players he wants or more to the point can attract making any difference

The chances of Mourinho coming here rather than Real Madrid, Inter or Barcelona look a little slim.... :lol:

Rubbish.

Real Madrid and Inter unless something unforseen happens won't be changing their managers anytime soon and Barca, well Deco has said he'd like the special one there but isn't Deco on his way out anyway?

Rickard may be under some pressure but they are second and only just at the halfway mark, he's going nowhere.

What on earth do you mean? Capello won the title and got the elbow....

Exception to the rule plus the Bernd Schuster has them playing well.

Did you know currently statistically they are playing their best football ever with a 76.47% success rate.

What do you mean by that? is it win percentage

Well if the quote about that Ashley made about winning the prem or CL within five years is true then he needs to flash some cash and get Mourihno talked into it - as you say money talks and i think he would like nothing better than to shove it up abramovich - cos at this rate we will be trying for for the the blue square premiership within five years - i was willing to give him time but he is making Roeder and Souness look good at the moment - its fucking inept and bloody awful on the eye and i can't see the type of players he wants or more to the point can attract making any difference

The chances of Mourinho coming here rather than Real Madrid, Inter or Barcelona look a little slim.... :lol:

Rubbish.

Real Madrid and Inter unless something unforseen happens won't be changing their managers anytime soon and Barca, well Deco has said he'd like the special one there but isn't Deco on his way out anyway?

Rickard may be under some pressure but they are second and only just at the halfway mark, he's going nowhere.

What on earth do you mean? Capello won the title and got the elbow....

Exception to the rule plus the Bernd Schuster has them playing well.

Did you know currently statistically they are playing their best football ever with a 76.47% success rate.

What do you mean by that? is it win percentage

Yes and although it is only based over this season so far, they haven't had a manager that has been over 70% win rate since Radomir Antić in 1991.

And if everyone's waiting for him to get the sack, he might as well get it now.

Egg-zacly! Why give him the opportunity to spunk away the January funds on more huff and puff players?

He won't get Anelka because Anelka knows he's fucked. He'll get arse shaving and then leave him to rot in reserves or worse as LB.

Now to answer the constant who's available retort, in not particular order:

Jose Mourinho (not likely but money talks)

Didier Deschamps

Gérard Houllier

José Antonio Camacho

Vicente del Bosque

Guus Hiddink - it appears he hasn't extended his deal with Russia past 2008 Euro and he's been known to manage club and country.

Louis van Gaal

Co Adriaanse

Bert van Marwijk

Luigi Del Neri

Cesare Prandelli

Eric Gerets

edit: forgot Thomas Doll

And yes some of them may have only recently joined their current clubs but that has never stopped anyone in the past.

Edited by sammynb

Would any of the Big Sam fence sitters 'don't want to be seen hasty' bunch care to explain to me why, apparently, we didn't have a shot on goal yesterday or a corner? Or even better tell me what Big 'give him time' Sam is going to do about it.

Then again it was against the mighty Wigan Athletic :lol:

Fire away Gemmil, HF, Fish etc

If you can't see that the players are sick as fuck and shit scared in case they make a mistake and are dropped then you've all got something wrong with your balls, he's lost the players and were only 19 games in as you all keep pointing out, 19 games, god help us!

Sams solution, slag them all off to the press, excellent

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Would any of the Big Sam fence sitters 'don't want to be seen hasty' bunch care to explain to me why, apparently, we didn't have a shot on goal yesterday or a corner? Or even better tell me what Big 'give him time' Sam is going to do about it.

Then again it was against the mighty Wigan Athletic :huh:

I can't explain Sam's daft choices. I think he's tactically simple (see my long winded post in the other thread). We're not in any danger of going down though and I'd like to see a manager given a couple of seasons to see if he can get it right, rather than the kneejerk reaction of sacking ANYONE who makes a choice I disagree with. It's the same position I held with Roeder. Most of all, 5 managers in 3 years would be embarrassing.

...and we did have a shot on target yesterday. Bramble cleared off the line. :lol:

Wigan scored 5 against Blackburn, but people still tout Hughes as future toon boss. The 'grass is always greener' mentality of some people is silly.

Edited by Happy Face

Then again it was against the mighty Wigan Athletic :huh:

I can't explain Sam's daft choices. I think he's tactically simple (see my long winded post in the other thread). We're not in any danger of going down though and I'd like to see a manager given a couple of seasons to see if he can get it right, rather than the kneejerk reaction of sacking ANYONE who makes a choice I disagree with. It's the same position I held with Roeder. Most of all, 5 managers in 3 years would be embarrassing.

...and we did have a shot on target yesterday. Bramble cleared off the line. :lol:

Wigan scored 5 against Blackburn, but people still tout Hughes as future toon boss. The 'grass is always greener' mentality of some people is silly.

Two of them shouldn't have got anywhere near the job though.

Just checked the stats: 1 shot on target/0 off target/2 corners

I forgot we were playing Barcelona.

He's fast becoming indefensible, at least admit that

Which two? I thought Souness, Roeder and Allardyce would be equally unpopular with you and Jimbo and that.

I'd be happy see Allardyce go if we had a quality replacement. I'd have been happy to see Roder go if we had a quality replacement. But we didn't then and we don't now.

When names start getting linked with the job, if they're any good I might hop on the bandwagon. Until then I'll just keep supporting the bloke who's there who's not been any worse than anything served up in the last 3 years.

Indefensible? With his selections, it looks to me like he only came for the pay off, a sort of legitimate bung, and I don't want to give him that satisfaction. :lol:

Which two? I thought Souness, Roeder and Allardyce would be equally unpopular with you and Jimbo and that.

I'd be happy see Allardyce go if we had a quality replacement. I'd have been happy to see Roder go if we had a quality replacement. But we didn't then and we don't now.

When names start getting linked with the job, if they're any good I might hop on the bandwagon. Until then I'll just keep supporting the bloke who's there who's not been any worse than anything served up in the last 3 years.

Indefensible? With his selections, it looks to me like he only came for the pay off, a sort of legitimate bung, and I don't want to give him that satisfaction. :lol:

Hang on, I was fully behind Allardyce's appointment, and as for the "not been any worse than anything served up in the last 3 years" are you really sure about that ?

QFT

Because I'm still on holiday :lol: I spent 20mins checking over what Id wrote down (ok, spreadsheet sad bastard that I am), and realised that :

We're 7 points down on last season team for team (last season 33pts from teams we've played)

BUT! We've scored 1 more goal (26 this season to last seasons 25)

Though.... we've conceded a huge 12 goals more (36 this season to 17 last season) - with our much improved defensive play...

BUT! We've taken less red cards, none this season to 1 last

AND 7 less yellow cards this season 36 to 31.

After the same number of games last season though against different teams, we were also in 11th.

You might be able to get stats to say what you want, but Id struggle to find someone to get ours to say we were heading in the right direction.

Because I'm still on holiday :lol: I spent 20mins checking over what Id wrote down (ok, spreadsheet sad bastard that I am), and realised that :

We're 7 points down on last season team for team (last season 33pts from teams we've played)

Though.... we've conceded a huge 12 goals more (36 this season to 17 last season) - with our much improved defensive play...

After the same number of games last season though against different teams, we were also in 11th.

You might be able to get stats to say what you want, but Id struggle to find someone to get ours to say we were heading in the right direction.

is that not 5 :huh:

equally it could be argued we're not heading in the wrong direction either...

and what's your solution AWacky Slag them off to anyone who can hear you?

tell me, wacky, jimbo et al, who will guarantee the success and entertainment you demand?

jesus christ, you'd honestly think we were on the brink of relegation the way you lot whine on.

tell me, wacky, jimbo et al, who will guarantee the success and entertainment you demand?

jesus christ, you'd honestly think we were on the brink of relegation the way you lot whine on.

See here is where you are wrong again.

You're assuming it's about entertainment, it's not, it's about being able to beat those teams that are shite, something we're not doing.

You're assuming it's about entertainment, it's not, it's about being able to beat those teams that are shite, something we're not doing.

just where do you think Newcastle United have a divine right to finish?

Arsenal have been beaten by Boro' Chelsea have been helf by Villa, aberrations for their teams because in between, even playing poorly, they've the quality to grind out results against all but the most elite teams.

I'm amazed people still think we' should be beating Wigan away, Boro away etc. We are a mid table side, not even a top half side imo. We're not Robsons team and we're no where near Keegans side. So why in all honesty do you think that we should expect to beat these teams?

we haven't beaten Wigan away for 50 odd years, we've been playing poorly all season and scraping through results and yet you people still expect us to go and get a result, despite bitching and moaning louder than a thunderstorm about the paucity of entertainment on display.

you all agreed that Shephard should go and with him, the old way of running the club, no more managerial changes every season, no more publicity nightmares. And yet now you want shot of the next guy after 6 months in charge despite us sitting midtable and the January window yet to be taken advantage of.

I personally think you're all acting like spoiled brats and am not surprised to see outbursts against the fans from Barton and comments made about the fans by the manager. They initally wanted long term change, genuine revolution at the club and now because that hasn't come covered in glory and rose petals they've spat out their dummy.

Grow up says I and care not a jot for the abuse I get.

David, David, David.

You know that smilie you enjoy so much at the moment, that's where we are with you my friend.

You can't see it, fine but at the moment we are the strongest we've been with playing staff since Souness drove players out of the club.

It is the constant refusal by Allardyce to play his strongest 11 in their correct positions that makes the club look so backward, not because we are without decent players.

Edited by sammynb

If there's one kind of whingeing I really can't take, it's this "we're not that good after all" type. I am honestly sick to the gills of hearing how NUFC have fallen from grace (we know) and shouldn't be expecting to beat Wigan, Birmingham, Reading, etc (we should).

Look, it must be 4 points MINIMUM from Wigan, Birmingham, Reading, Derby and Fulham. I'm not sure how anyone can say otherwise. These are truly dire sides if you look at some of the dross they have in their first team (Melchiot/Bramble, Forssell/Jaidi, both Derby keepers and most of their strike force, Bocanegra/Dempsey/that godawful defender who conceded the penalty, his name's escaping me).

We have the quality on paper to be beating these sides day in and day out. So something is missing and I'm tired of hearing that it's our squad. It isn't. Look at all the millions spent on players, some of whom have succeeded (Faye/Beye/Cacapa somewhat) and some of whom haven't (Barton/Smith/Enrique from not being played.) We have a strong squad and I know a lot of (mid-table admittedly) clubs who'd give their two front teeth for some of the defenders and wingers we have on our books.

So at the end of the day it falls on the manager to inspire the players, play his best squad in position, and get the results. And here we are:

Wigan: 3 points from 6 pos.

B'ham: 3 points from 3 pos.

Reading: 0 points from 3 pos.

Derby: 1 points from 6 pos.

Fulham: 3 points from 3 pos.

Throw in the Mackems at 1 from 3 and maybe Boro at 1 from 3 and we've got 12 from 27 possible points against the bottom seven teams. Less than half.

Compound that with losses to Pompey, Rovers, a draw with Villa (3 mid-upper clubs we should consider our main competition) and it all adds up to a shabby mess that needs sorting out in short order. I've lost faith in Sam, I think many on this board are losing faith also and from the numbers it isn't hard to see why.

Alex McLeish :lol:

Alex McLeish :lol:

Nah, the Answer was in the question :huh:

Come on! He'd be class !

Edited by JawD

just where do you think Newcastle United have a divine right to finish?

Arsenal have been beaten by Boro' Chelsea have been helf by Villa, aberrations for their teams because in between, even playing poorly, they've the quality to grind out results against all but the most elite teams.

I'm amazed people still think we' should be beating Wigan away, Boro away etc. We are a mid table side, not even a top half side imo. We're not Robsons team and we're no where near Keegans side. So why in all honesty do you think that we should expect to beat these teams?

we haven't beaten Wigan away for 50 odd years, we've been playing poorly all season and scraping through results and yet you people still expect us to go and get a result, despite bitching and moaning louder than a thunderstorm about the paucity of entertainment on display.

you all agreed that Shephard should go and with him, the old way of running the club, no more managerial changes every season, no more publicity nightmares. And yet now you want shot of the next guy after 6 months in charge despite us sitting midtable and the January window yet to be taken advantage of.

I personally think you're all acting like spoiled brats and am not surprised to see outbursts against the fans from Barton and comments made about the fans by the manager. They initally wanted long term change, genuine revolution at the club and now because that hasn't come covered in glory and rose petals they've spat out their dummy.

Grow up says I and care not a jot for the abuse I get.

You sound more like a Sam Allardyce supporter than a Newcastle United supporter.

Who's going to guarantee entertainment ? Not Allardyce thats for sure, enterainment is not the be-all and end-all, the reason Allardyce needs sacking is because he is dragging our team down the pan with shite tactics and playing "football" so negative you have to question if his intentions are to win at all.

Stop wetting your pants about Allardyce, and start worrying about our team, because with this loon in charge we are going backwards fast, the only thing he has been able to display is the stubornness to not change his ideas either that or the lack intellegence to do so.

Despite me mentioning it in a couple of posts the key word for me isn't "entertainment" - its "competence".

I'll be the first to admit that during the summer and pre-season when speaking to mates I said it was great to have someone competent in charge - thats the impression I got with his transfer dealings and the friendlies.

Now however I believe I was fooled and he honestly doesn't know what he's doing - its not even this "playing people in the wrong position" thing for me - it goes deeper than that imo. As people have said the ultra-negativity is at the core and the simple lack of being able to see that for all else they may be we do have some decent footballers in the quad so why not let them play football instead to hoofball?

The sad answer as has been said is that he can't adapt to better players or different expectations - he knows one way to play and regardless of whether it "works" or not I feel its completely wrong for NUFC.

Despite me mentioning it in a couple of posts the key word for me isn't "entertainment" - its "competence".

"Can I just shock you? I like wine. Despite what I just said earlier."

52608pw400.jpg

Sign him ! :lol: