The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

I take it your happy with his team selections, tactics and our overall play then Gemmil

No, but nor am I stupid enough to think that changing the manager every 12 games (because you and Jimbo have been advocating sacking him since then) until we get someone who makes the exact team selections I'd like him to, and subs the players I want him to when I want him to is the right thing to do.

I mean what happens if we get a new bloke in and he struggles for the first 12 games and you and Jimbo can't see what direction the club is going in? Will it be time for another change? Answer that seriously by the way, cos I can't see how it would be any different if we made another change and you didn't like what he was doing. You'd want shot again. It's fucking ridiculous man.

By the way, all this harping on about the mistakes he's making etc. Fair enough, he's doing some stuff I don't quite understand, and I don't always see the sense in, but it's fucking comical the way some on here carry on as if they would be able to walk into the job and do it better. I'm not saying people can't criticise or have an opinion, but seriously the way some go on you'd think a couple of successful seasons on FM08 has actually qualified them to apply for the fucking job when in reality they wouldn't and don't have a fucking clue.

I never wanted him and my fears have been realised - he was supposed to be the best english manager available - given the hype I'd expect improvement - there is none.

What happens when we get the next bloke in and he's not doing things your way within 15 games though? Do we get shot of him too?

What we need to do is start giving our managers 12 game contracts. That'll save on the pay outs when we have to sack them for going two games without a win.

Then when we've run out of managers willing to come here, we have a draw of all the season ticket holders. The winner becomes the manager. If we win he's allowed to be manager for the next game. If we lose he is subjected to a punishment beating in the centre circle (just to satisfy the blood-lust of the boo-boys).

You mean 4 games without a loss.

Never thought I'd agree with something Steve Bruce says.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...3004265,00.html

I take it your happy with his team selections, tactics and our overall play then Gemmil

No, but nor am I stupid enough to think that changing the manager every 12 games (because you and Jimbo have been advocating sacking him since then) until we get someone who makes the exact team selections I'd like him to, and subs the players I want him to when I want him to is the right thing to do.

I mean what happens if we get a new bloke in and he struggles for the first 12 games and you and Jimbo can't see what direction the club is going in? Will it be time for another change? Answer that seriously by the way, cos I can't see how it would be any different if we made another change and you didn't like what he was doing. You'd want shot again. It's fucking ridiculous man.

By the way, all this harping on about the mistakes he's making etc. Fair enough, he's doing some stuff I don't quite understand, and I don't always see the sense in, but it's fucking comical the way some on here carry on as if they would be able to walk into the job and do it better. I'm not saying people can't criticise or have an opinion, but seriously the way some go on you'd think a couple of successful seasons on FM08 has actually qualified them to apply for the fucking job when in reality they wouldn't and don't have a fucking clue.

First of all I can't recall saying the words 'sack him' until today, maybe I'm wrong, what I have said is haven't been happy with him since then and I thought he would be sacked after the Arsenal game.

I love the way you're implying that we want rid because he's not making the substitutions 'we' want. B)

I want rid after watching us play terrible all season excluding the Arsenal game and nearly have the double done over us off the worst team in the league. But my main reason is I've seen absolutely no improvement in the team as a whole and were 18 games into the season.

It's not like we can even take any positives from the performances, we've been dire in all the games I've seen, and the ones I haven't, judging by the reports and peoples reactions on here theres been no change. To me the players look as fed up with his selections as the fans are and this doesn't bode well for his future.

If we hadn't been very lucky in some fixtures this season we would have found ourselves lurking at the bottom of the table, the line between that is far to fine for my liking, it's like we're playing on thin ice. Sending your team out at home to contain, keep it tight etc against the likes of Derby is a fucking joke, the players must have lost all faith in their own ability.

When will Enrique be ready? If he can't give him a game against Derby at home god knows when we'll see him, the whole situation is becoming a joke, when the first goal went in yesterday everyone in the bar just looked at each other and start laughing whilst shaking their heads in disbelief.

P.S I've never played FM in my life and you have a new air of arrogance about you since you popped your cherry, I like it. :lol:

Sending your team out at home to contain, keep it tight etc against the likes of Derby is a fucking joke, the players must have lost all faith in their own ability.

Thought we did a lot of attacking first half. Seemed to me like he gave them a bollocking at half time for conceding one and we came out a more cautious side. Which was the opposite of what was required.

"First of all I can't recall saying the words 'sack him' until today, maybe I'm wrong, what I have said is haven't been happy with him since then and I thought he would be sacked after the Arsenal game.

I love the way you're implying that we want rid because he's not making the substitutions 'we' want. :lol:

I want rid after watching us play terrible all season excluding the Arsenal game and nearly have the double done over us off the worst team in the league. But my main reason is I've seen absolutely no improvement in the team as a whole and were 18 games into the season.

It's not like we can even take any positives from the performances, we've been dire in all the games I've seen, and the ones I haven't, judging by the reports and peoples reactions on here theres been no change. To me the players look as fed up with his selections as the fans are and this doesn't bode well for his future.

If we hadn't been very lucky in some fixtures this season we would have found ourselves lurking at the bottom of the table, the line between that is far to fine for my liking, it's like we're playing on thin ice. Sending your team out at home to contain, keep it tight etc against the likes of Derby is a fucking joke, the players must have lost all faith in their own ability.

When will Enrique be ready? If he can't give him a game against Derby at home god knows when we'll see him, the whole situation is becoming a joke, when the first goal went in yesterday everyone in the bar just looked at each other and start laughing whilst shaking their heads in disbelief.

P.S I've never played FM in my life and you have a new air of arrogance about you since you popped your cherry, I like it. :lol:

Watching us play terrible all season? Less than half a season you mean? By the way I wouldn't judge anything from "people's reaction on here". If you're going on what you see then fair enough but pay no attention to the shite you read on here cos it's gone the way of Newcastle Online with some of the hysterical cobblers that's been on here recently.

As for Enrique - I don't know when he'll be ready. Nor do you. But that fella that's in charge of the club has a pretty good track record of integrating foreigners into his teams and into the Premier League. Beye is getting a game because he's settled in quicker and he looks the part. How about we trust the bloke that signed Enrique and watches him in training every day to know when he's ready to start playing a regular part? He seems to have got it right with the right back, doesn't he? Or do people on here somehow know better than the manager?

Oh and as for the players looking fed up - the ones who have been interviewed post-match have been at pains to point out how good the team spirit is. The only one lately that I've seen look out of sorts on the pitch is Martins, and my thoughts on him are well documented.

I notice you didn't answer the question about what we do when the new manager comes in and you don't like his craic 15 games in. Is it because the answer is that you'd want to get shot of him too. I'm glad you like my extra arrogant patter btw. B)

Sending your team out at home to contain, keep it tight etc against the likes of Derby is a fucking joke, the players must have lost all faith in their own ability.

Thought we did a lot of attacking first half. Seemed to me like he gave them a bollocking at half time for conceding one and we came out a more cautious side. Which was the opposite of what was required.

It's not just yesterday's game though HF he's trying to stop every team we play, from playing, when in reality it should be the opposition who's worrying about us at home.

Oh and as for the players looking fed up - the ones who have been interviewed post-match have been at pains to point out how good the team spirit is. The only one lately that I've seen look out of sorts on the pitch is Martins, and my thoughts on him are well documented.

What was going on with him when the whole team were screaming at him to come in for a free kick and he insisted on sitting out on the wing? Did he seriously just not see/hear them?

"First of all I can't recall saying the words 'sack him' until today, maybe I'm wrong, what I have said is haven't been happy with him since then and I thought he would be sacked after the Arsenal game.

I love the way you're implying that we want rid because he's not making the substitutions 'we' want. :lol:

Watching us play terrible all season? Less than half a season you mean? By the way I wouldn't judge anything from "people's reaction on here". If you're going on what you see then fair enough but pay no attention to the shite you read on here cos it's gone the way of Newcastle Online with some of the hysterical cobblers that's been on here recently.

As for Enrique - I don't know when he'll be ready. Nor do you. But that fella that's in charge of the club has a pretty good track record of integrating foreigners into his teams and into the Premier League. Beye is getting a game because he's settled in quicker and he looks the part. How about we trust the bloke that signed Enrique and watches him in training every day to know when he's ready to start playing a regular part? He seems to have got it right with the right back, doesn't he? Or do people on here somehow know better than the manager?

I notice you didn't answer the question about what we do when the new manager comes in and you don't like his craic 15 games in. Is it because the answer is that you'd want to get shot of him too. I'm glad you like my extra arrogant patter btw. B)

If we were seeing some sort of improvement no, i wouldn't want shot, but at the moment I just can't see things improving under BS, not looking at the fixture list and the teams performances.

Thats the manager merry go round though, you're either successful or your not, employed or un-employed, simple as.

What was going on with him when the whole team were screaming at him to come in for a free kick and he insisted on sitting out on the wing? Did he seriously just not see/hear them?

I don't know what's the matter with him tbh. Well I do, but people don't like to hear it. :lol:

There was another occasion where Viduka tried to play him in on the right wing. Anyway, the ball got intercepted and instead of coming back to put a challenge in, he kept running in the direction of where he wanted the ball to go, face contorted, stamping his fucking feet and looking to the heavens like a spoilt fucking bairn. It was still in the first half and there was a bit of a cry of frustration that went up with the fact that he'd left Viduka to deal with the attack that Derby were trying to put together.

I'll stop now I think.

I love the way you're implying that we want rid because he's not making the substitutions 'we' want. ;)

If we were seeing some sort of improvement no, i wouldn't want shot, but at the moment I just can't see things improving under BS, not looking at the fixture list and the teams performances.

Thats the manager merry go round though, you're either successful or your not, employed or un-employed, simple as.

Doesn't make it right though does it? We've had more than enough of that shite at Newcastle.

Anyway, thankfully at the minute we're putting enough results together to buy him time. It's just unfortunate that the performances are keeping you and Jimbo in foot-stamping mode. :lol:

What happens when we get the next bloke in and he's not doing things your way within 15 games though? Do we get shot of him too?

It should be long enough to see signs of something - hope, promise - call it what you like but just something to give you something to look forward to in the future.

If a new manager produces the dross that Allardyce has which is completely without anything but the promise of more football murder to come then yes I would get rid.

Anyway, thankfully at the minute we're putting enough results together to buy him time. It's just unfortunate that the performances are keeping you and Jimbo in foot-stamping mode. :lol:

Most people expected points of Derby and Wigan before the shit hits the fan. Now that we've failed in the first part of that the pressure has increased.

(Anyone who considers one point of Derby as a result should be shot)

Exactly what I'm on about - not losing to Birmingham, Fulham and Derby is now "an acceptable run".

and feeling fortunate to have beaten Birmingham, Fulham and feeling very fortunate not to have lost at home to Derby.

Welcome to the Allardyce revolution.

:lol:

Last year we got 8 points from 18 off the bottom 3. We're half way through the season and we've took 5 off the 3 that replaced them already.

It's not like he's dragging us down to a new low.

Edited by Happy Face

Last year we got 8 points from 18 off the bottom 3. We're half way through the season and we've took 5 off the 3 that replaced them already.

This year we have a better squad and have probably played easier fixtures than at the same point last season have have looked shambolic in the process.

We've played Derby twice which means we have 2 games left with a max of 11 - be still my beating heart.

(One of which on current standings is a derby which is more unpredictable than a "normal" game against a shit team).

We've played Derby twice which means we have 2 games left with a max of 11 - be still my beating heart.

(One of which on current standings is a derby which is more unpredictable than a "normal" game against a shit team).

It'll be an improvement, that's all I ask.

You're like a Big Brother contestant that wants fame without any of the work.

It'll be an improvement, that's all I ask.

You're like a Big Brother contestant that wants fame without any of the work.

On current performance levels we will be lucky to win any more away games. As I said the mackems at home is unpredictable - 6 points is ambitious.

I was willing to take an "average" season if there were signs that we were getting harder to beat and were becoming nastier to play against and upset the good teams a la Bolton. His stuff about not being good enough against the good teams and needing to stop them made/makes sense - what I didn't expect is the same ethos against the shite - that's what I find unacceptable.

Exactly what I'm on about - not losing to Birmingham, Fulham and Derby is now "an acceptable run".

and feeling fortunate to have beaten Birmingham, Fulham and feeling very fortunate not to have lost at home to Derby.

Load of bollocks.

Load of bollocks.

OK, felt confident of getting something from the match prior to Viduka's 86 min equaliser against the mighty Derby did you ?

We dominated them just let ourselves down with 2 defensive errors and poor finishing. If anyone was lucky to get a point it was Derby. I don't really care when the goal was scored the fact is we put plenty of pressure on them so the chances were we would get another one.

We dominated them just let ourselves down with 2 defensive errors and poor finishing. If anyone was lucky to get a point it was Derby. I don't really care when the goal was scored the fact is we put plenty of pressure on them so the chances were we would get another one.

I have to question whether you saw the game! We certainly had more of the game in the first half than Derby did and we should have put the match beyond their reach, but the second half was theirs until the last few minutes. We had to come from behind twice to salvage a point. Derby were unlucky not to get 3 points and for most of the second half it looked like they were going to get the win until Viduka scored that late goal.

Bolton who under Sam used to struggle until 2004 since when they've finished consistently in the top 8? And now he's gone, look at them now - nowhere and with largely the same players.

Allardyce's aim for his team at Bolton seems to be the same as it is here, he's too preoccupied with stopping the opposition playing rather than developing decent attacking football himself. That style may get a team like Bolton, and probably us as well, to eighth place but it will get them no further and in the medium term I won't be happy with eighth place. In the next 2-3 years we should be aiming for 5th place because outside of the big 4 there is not a huge amount of quality or consistent teams but I just can't see us being top of that second tier if Allarydce keeps on making the same mistakes he has been doing all season.

I too think Sam will get us consistantly between 6th-9th, but I see that as an improvement because that will provide a foundation for the next manager to take us from that position to a genuine assault on 4th spot. However, I'm fully aware of the massive job that is going to be and I'm also fully aware that simply because we're not playing exciting football is a ridiculous reason for getting shot of a manger, if we were languishing in 15th and playing shit I'd be more supportive of the instant gratification fans, but we're not.

There are 11 teams below us who would happily swap there position for ours, there are teams like Fulham who ahve been playing good football and find themselves teetering just over the relegation zone.

Ask them if they'd take Allardyce and his shit football? I'll bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in yours that they would.

I think what the crux of my argument is that we need perspective.

I never said he'd get us between 6th-9th, I'd be shocked if we finished anywhere above 9th this season.

You say you want him to lay the foundations for the next manager but why don't we just target the right man to get us challenging for 4th spot and let him lay the foundations now? Depending on the money Ashley is going to make available I would say we're not an unattractive prospect, I'm not deluded enough to think we're one of Europe's top clubs but if Spurs can recruit Ramos then we should be able to find someone of a similar pedigree.

And the main crux of my arguement is not that the football we're playing is unexciting so much as is it's shite, clueless and unconvincing. I wouldn't mind boring football so much if we at least looked like controlling a game but it's difficult to think of too many games this season where we've bossed it and looked like a comfortable and confident team.

And the 11 teams below us? Jesus man, surely you realise you're using the Leazes' arguement? :lol:

Edited by ewerk

Load of bollocks.

OK, felt confident of getting something from the match prior to Viduka's 86 min equaliser against the mighty Derby did you ?

Again I highlight the fact that a lot of people don't think Viduka should even be sat on the bench let alone getting a game. Yet if it hadn't been for him, we'd have been staring a 2-0 defeat in the face. Shoot me if iam wrong but I think his inclusion in the team playing up front (and his very employment by this club for that matter) was down to Allardyce was it not? Shall we give him a bit of credit?

Football is all a game of you win some, you lose some. To put it into context, take a look at the 88-89 season. We were categorically the worst team in the division and putting out performances that makes our current outfit look like world beaters. Yet we went to Anfield, played Liverpool, who were considered to best time in the land at that point, and beat them. And just for good measure when they came to SJP later in the season, they were extremely lucky to leave with a point. Its not unheard of for the lowly teams to pull of a shock or two each season you know..... in fact, it's actually unusual if they don't...