The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

I can't get through this thread due to all the jerking knees in my way, but can I ask the Allardyce Out camp who they want to replace him?

You want me to bore you with a list of managers who are better than Allardyce ?

Show us the list you put up last time that included the likes of David Moyes ffs. Like for like. I believe Moyes went through a bit of a rough patch at Everton as well - no doubt if you were following them you would have wanted the fucker out at the time.

Weren't you petitioning the name Alex Mcleish at one stage Jimbo? :lol:

I can't get through this thread due to all the jerking knees in my way, but can I ask the Allardyce Out camp who they want to replace him?

Show us the list you put up last time that included the likes of David Moyes ffs. Like for like. I believe Moyes went through a bit of a rough patch at Everton as well - no doubt if you were following them you would have wanted the fucker out at the time.

And ?

And ?

:lol:

Merry Christmas you grumpy Aussie bastard! B)

And ?

;)

Merry Christmas you grumpy Aussie bastard! B)

Humbug ! :lol:

We dominated them just let ourselves down with 2 defensive errors and poor finishing. If anyone was lucky to get a point it was Derby. I don't really care when the goal was scored the fact is we put plenty of pressure on them so the chances were we would get another one.

I have to question whether you saw the game! We certainly had more of the game in the first half than Derby did and we should have put the match beyond their reach, but the second half was theirs until the last few minutes. We had to come from behind twice to salvage a point. Derby were unlucky not to get 3 points and for most of the second half it looked like they were going to get the win until Viduka scored that late goal.

Why is that then? I know this will be instantly written off because "stats prove nothing" but..

We had around 60% possesion

17 shots to their 6

9 corners to their 2

Now I saw with my own eyes we dominated them but you can't really argue with those stats can you? I am sure if they were against us the negative posters on the forum would be looking at them and shaking their heads.

And ?

He's doing a cracking job at Birmingham, did you see the goal they conceded from the throw in?

Textbook

And ?

He's doing a cracking job at Birmingham, did you see the goal they conceded from the throw in?

Textbook

Thats right, ignor his titles with Rangers, ignor his win prcentage of 70% with Scotland and being bad enough to beat France.

And ?

Textbook

Thats right, ignor his titles with Rangers, ignor his win prcentage of 70% with Scotland and being bad enough to beat France.

B)

You been on the sherry already Jimbob?

And if you haven't away and start on it and stop fucking moaning for one day... :lol:

Oh and Merry Xmas...

And ?

Textbook

You been on the sherry already Jimbob?

And if you haven't away and start on it and stop fucking moaning for one day... ;)

Oh and Merry Xmas...

That'll teach me to cut and paste from wikipedia !

*Hick B)

Bolton who under Sam used to struggle until 2004 since when they've finished consistently in the top 8? And now he's gone, look at them now - nowhere and with largely the same players.

Allardyce's aim for his team at Bolton seems to be the same as it is here, he's too preoccupied with stopping the opposition playing rather than developing decent attacking football himself. That style may get a team like Bolton, and probably us as well, to eighth place but it will get them no further and in the medium term I won't be happy with eighth place. In the next 2-3 years we should be aiming for 5th place because outside of the big 4 there is not a huge amount of quality or consistent teams but I just can't see us being top of that second tier if Allarydce keeps on making the same mistakes he has been doing all season.

I too think Sam will get us consistantly between 6th-9th, but I see that as an improvement because that will provide a foundation for the next manager to take us from that position to a genuine assault on 4th spot. However, I'm fully aware of the massive job that is going to be and I'm also fully aware that simply because we're not playing exciting football is a ridiculous reason for getting shot of a manger, if we were languishing in 15th and playing shit I'd be more supportive of the instant gratification fans, but we're not.

There are 11 teams below us who would happily swap there position for ours, there are teams like Fulham who ahve been playing good football and find themselves teetering just over the relegation zone.

Ask them if they'd take Allardyce and his shit football? I'll bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in yours that they would.

I think what the crux of my argument is that we need perspective.

I never said he'd get us between 6th-9th, I'd be shocked if we finished anywhere above 9th this season.

You say you want him to lay the foundations for the next manager but why don't we just target the right man to get us challenging for 4th spot and let him lay the foundations now? Depending on the money Ashley is going to make available I would say we're not an unattractive prospect, I'm not deluded enough to think we're one of Europe's top clubs but if Spurs can recruit Ramos then we should be able to find someone of a similar pedigree.

And the main crux of my arguement is not that the football we're playing is unexciting so much as is it's shite, clueless and unconvincing. I wouldn't mind boring football so much if we at least looked like controlling a game but it's difficult to think of too many games this season where we've bossed it and looked like a comfortable and confident team.

And the 11 teams below us? Jesus man, surely you realise you're using the Leazes' arguement? :lol:

you mean a correct perspective don't you ?

I agree that there is no time like the present for getting the "right" manager BTW, but you are nicking my lines. I've always said this.

Others harp on about "timing" and other such bollocks.

Happy Xmas BTW

We dominated them just let ourselves down with 2 defensive errors and poor finishing. If anyone was lucky to get a point it was Derby. I don't really care when the goal was scored the fact is we put plenty of pressure on them so the chances were we would get another one.

I have to question whether you saw the game! We certainly had more of the game in the first half than Derby did and we should have put the match beyond their reach, but the second half was theirs until the last few minutes. We had to come from behind twice to salvage a point. Derby were unlucky not to get 3 points and for most of the second half it looked like they were going to get the win until Viduka scored that late goal.

Why is that then? I know this will be instantly written off because "stats prove nothing" but..

17 shots to their 6

9 corners to their 2

Now I saw with my own eyes we dominated them but you can't really argue with those stats can you? I am sure if they were against us the negative posters on the forum would be looking at them and shaking their heads.

:lol: class mate

Its still ok to ignore Allardyce massively overachieving at Bolton though right? :lol:

What exactly did they "achieve" ?

Some top 10 finishes, even some European finishes despite spending fuck all. Sorry he probably should have won something though, after all it was the mighty Bolton Wanderers, a force to be reckoned all over Europe with when he took over.

17 shots to their 6

9 corners to their 2

Well we did, the same way Spurs dominated us when we somehow managed to beat them 3-2 with the Martins screamer last year.

17 shots to their 6

9 corners to their 2

Well we did, the same way Spurs dominated us when we somehow managed to beat them 3-2 with the Martins screamer last year.

That was an away match in London that we were expected to lose, not a match at home against possibly the worst Premier League team in histor that has been mullered by other teams this year.

17 shots to their 6

9 corners to their 2

That was an away match in London that we were expected to lose, not a match at home against possibly the worst Premier League team in histor that has been mullered by other teams this year.

I don't think you got the point I was trying to make. The point I was making was you can still dominate a team (ie have the vast majority of play, attacking chances etc...) but can still lose.

Even though we drew against Derby we were by far the better side and the stats back this up. We gave them 2 goals and they were the only 2 chances they had on target. We had more possesion and a lot more attacking chances we just didn't take them.

17 shots to their 6

9 corners to their 2

I don't think you got the point I was trying to make. The point I was making was you can still dominate a team (ie have the vast majority of play, attacking chances etc...) but can still lose.

Even though we drew against Derby we were by far the better side and the stats back this up. We gave them 2 goals and they were the only 2 chances they had on target. We had more possesion and a lot more attacking chances we just didn't take them.

The one statistic is that we failed to beat a fucking shite team and looked shite in the process yet again.

If you want to sit around all day studying statistics and gazing at the league table then thats fine, but what I want to see is Newcastle United playing football that doesn't make me feel ashamed and embarrased.

Its still ok to ignore Allardyce massively overachieving at Bolton though right? :lol:

What exactly did they "achieve" ?

Just what was he supposed to achieve? On balance do you think Gartside is sitting there in his office thinking, 'Damn, I fucked up' ?

And ?

Textbook

Fuck me, Souness won the league with Rangers.

The one statistic is that we failed to beat a fucking shite team and looked shite in the process yet again.

If you want to sit around all day studying statistics and gazing at the league table then thats fine, but what I want to see is Newcastle United playing football that doesn't make me feel ashamed and embarrased.

Stop being so melodramatic. If you'd rather we continued as we have, where any "success" is tempered by no actual acheivement or improvements, then you're a bloody fool. Nobody is saying we're playing nice football, but some of us are fully aware that we're not the "embarrassing" team you're making out. Seriously Jimbo you're going on like we're about to be relegated. If your complaint is aesthetics alone, you should maybe watch an arsenal game after each of ours. It's the only way you'll get through this season.

put simply we don't have the players to entertain the notioon of thrilling footbal. What we do have, is the basis for a strong defensive unit and an effective forward line. Flair comes later.

We'd all love to see Newcastle play the Devil may care style of football that made us the envy of the country under Keegan, facts are we haven't the personnel.

I honestly, balls to bone, believe that, given time, Sam Allardyce will take us to the next plateau of English football. He will return us to European football and he'll do it with a side that can maintain that challenge, instead of the fleeting flirtations we enjoyed under Robson and Keegan.

Somebody in another thread asked why we couldn't get the man to take us straight to the title challenge without the need of this "base" I keep harping on about.

Well for one, I don't think there's a man in football today that could take Newcastle United (as it stands today) to a title challenge. We're too unstable, it's the fable about the man who built their house on sand, we'd look mighty fine for the briefest of times then sink once again, into obscurity.

Two, I don't think there is an abundance of talented managers that would come to Newcastle United as it is today. Too many would be put off by the fickle attitude and ridiculously high expectations of the crowd. Too many people would have a look at the squad and say "that's a squad that needs a fair whack of work". Nobody knows what kind of owner Ashley is, is he the man to financially support the manager, is he prone to reactionary management; dumping the boss because of the complaints of a few fans, is Ashley about to get unneccesarily involved in the transfers?

Finally I think that with anything in life good things come to those who wait. Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United have all enjoyed success (by and large) thanks to their comparative longevity of their managers.* They've all ridden out calls for their head at the beginning of their tenure, and they've all played controversial formations and players.

If you want instant gratification I'd suggest to take up watching Darts, because football is no longer about 90 minutes, success is measured in seasons.

* I know Rafa has only been there for 3 seasons, but given that apart from Robson we sack our managers after just after a season or so.

I think in my view Allardyce is "suffering" from continuing where Souness and Roeder left off - frustrating the fans in the same way with mistakes which look obvious.

Having said that, that's part of the job - I agree with Jimbo's "embarrassing" description with the point that its a cumulative thing - pride in a decent performance (Arsenal aside) seems like a distant memory.

Again you sound like we should settle - do you honestly think that Allardyce is the manager to even have us finishing a constant 5th which now seems like the limit of what we dare to hope? - I don't.

This idea that nobody would take us on is bollocks - managers have egos just like players and the good ones would relish it.

Stop being so melodramatic. If you'd rather we continued as we have, where any "success" is tempered by no actual acheivement or improvements, then you're a bloody fool. Nobody is saying we're playing nice football, but some of us are fully aware that we're not the "embarrassing" team you're making out. Seriously Jimbo you're going on like we're about to be relegated. If your complaint is aesthetics alone, you should maybe watch an arsenal game after each of ours. It's the only way you'll get through this season.

put simply we don't have the players to entertain the notioon of thrilling footbal. What we do have, is the basis for a strong defensive unit and an effective forward line. Flair comes later.

We'd all love to see Newcastle play the Devil may care style of football that made us the envy of the country under Keegan, facts are we haven't the personnel.

I honestly, balls to bone, believe that, given time, Sam Allardyce will take us to the next plateau of English football. He will return us to European football and he'll do it with a side that can maintain that challenge, instead of the fleeting flirtations we enjoyed under Robson and Keegan.

Somebody in another thread asked why we couldn't get the man to take us straight to the title challenge without the need of this "base" I keep harping on about.

Well for one, I don't think there's a man in football today that could take Newcastle United (as it stands today) to a title challenge. We're too unstable, it's the fable about the man who built their house on sand, we'd look mighty fine for the briefest of times then sink once again, into obscurity.

Two, I don't think there is an abundance of talented managers that would come to Newcastle United as it is today. Too many would be put off by the fickle attitude and ridiculously high expectations of the crowd. Too many people would have a look at the squad and say "that's a squad that needs a fair whack of work". Nobody knows what kind of owner Ashley is, is he the man to financially support the manager, is he prone to reactionary management; dumping the boss because of the complaints of a few fans, is Ashley about to get unneccesarily involved in the transfers?

Finally I think that with anything in life good things come to those who wait. Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United have all enjoyed success (by and large) thanks to their comparative longevity of their managers.* They've all ridden out calls for their head at the beginning of their tenure, and they've all played controversial formations and players.

If you want instant gratification I'd suggest to take up watching Darts, because football is no longer about 90 minutes, success is measured in seasons.

* I know Rafa has only been there for 3 seasons, but given that apart from Robson we sack our managers after just after a season or so.

Lets be honest though Souness and Roeder should have never been given the job in the first place - factamondo

I'd also add that Ashley's stated ambition is to with the league within 5 years - this is where we've moved on from the Shepherd school of thought (UEFA ever year).

How many think Allardyce fits that ambition? (whether its realistic or not)