The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

And thats the bit that scares me the most, today was our first taste of a big game this season and we were shit, not average, not unlucky but downright fucking diabolical. Im actually worried now as to where we will be come the new year.

Im guessing that out of those why disagree with Fat Sam out not many were at the game?

... you're pissed off because we've been shit so far, but you think it's more likely that we'll continue in this fashion than we turn things around? That's very pessimistic, given we've got time and money and the opportunity to spend that money.

oh and your previous point is not really a fair comment, I had the awful pleasure of watching us on tv and suffered replays and the like, so I've had just as much to complain about as you.

It's not through choice I sat at home. :lol:

Ultimately football is a results business and if results don't improve soon or at least show evidence of a change of form then changes need to be made, our recent poor/shocking run of performances can all be pin-pointed to poor managerial decisions.

Sam should be given a chance for fucks sake.

He's already had 13 chances for fucks sake, he's fucked up 5 and almost fucked up 3 more, how many chances should he get before the penny drops? :lol:

He's already had 13 chances for fucks sake, he's fucked up 5 and almost fucked up 3 more, how many chances should he get before the penny drops? :lol:

13 games in football is nothing. Bugger all.

Seriously, at what point will you start pressing the panic button and when you do won't you be wishing you'd pressed it sooner ?

And thats the bit that scares me the most, today was our first taste of a big game this season and we were shit, not average, not unlucky but downright fucking diabolical. Im actually worried now as to where we will be come the new year.

Im guessing that out of those why disagree with Fat Sam out not many were at the game?

... you're pissed off because we've been shit so far, but you think it's more likely that we'll continue in this fashion than we turn things around? That's very pessimistic, given we've got time and money and the opportunity to spend that money.

oh and your previous point is not really a fair comment, I had the awful pleasure of watching us on tv and suffered replays and the like, so I've had just as much to complain about as you.

It's not through choice I sat at home. :icon_lol:

Apologies, that was never meant to be an "armchair fans are shite" post it was more a "Im guessing you really couldnt get a handle on how everybody there was reacting" one.

Although, you do have a choice, you live 100 miles away, its nowt :lol:

and I am pessimistic because we do appear to be getting worse not better, after the Portsmouth debacle we should have changed things round but we didnt, Makems was no better and today we were embarassed, theres no shame in being beaten by Liverpool however its the manner of it, we could have had a worse score today than the scum if it wasnt down to a combination of bad finishing and Givens shotstopping.

Im with Jimbo, before today I was calling for the long term plan but the nature of his decisions is purely mind boggling at times and will drag us down into the shit if it continues in this way.

Seriously, at what point will you start pressing the panic button and when you do won't you be wishing you'd pressed it sooner ?

When Allardyce has had sufficient time to really make his mark. If after a season we're still not performing then fair enough but if we're going to start hoying a paddy after 13 games we're never going to get anywhere.

If this we're Souness,Roeder,Shearer would you be saying the same? Would you fuck

If this we're Souness,Roeder,Shearer would you be saying the same? Would you fuck

Yes, I would. Okay, I didn't/wouldn't approve of those appointments but why fucking kneejerk?

We're rebuilding, i'd be very happy with a top half finish this season. That would've been the same with anyone at the helm. Anyway, if we do get rid who is going to realistically want to come to us who's the calibur that some on here expect?

Exactly, these performance/results been at the hand of a mind boggling dumb appointment like Bruce or Warnock, folk would be outside SJP with pitchforks and burning torches calling for his head 13 matches or not.

Didnt it take only 18 matches to get rid of McClaren? I see no difference if Im honest between the two, both lost games due to mind boggling stupidity against average opposition. Where will we be after Blackburn, Arsenal, Birmingham, Fulham and Derby?

Spot on from .com

....Two successive home defeats by three-goal margins is something that must snap Allardyce out of his "best start in 11 years" complacency.

This side is heading for oblivion as things stand and not even Graeme Souness or Glenn Roeder managed that after just 13 league games....

REALLY, 13 is about one third of the season, only 25 more games to go.

Sam Allardyce is the footballing equivalent of Gordon Brown, once looked like a massive improvement on the previous loon but is quickly looking like a disaster.

Well, I reckon give him till Xmas at least. He hasnt been here five mins. After the transfer window I was pretty content. I thought Beye, Enrique, Rozenhal and Cacapa have all looked decent and brought vast improvements to the back line. So whats gone wrong there? I was pleased with Geremi in pre-season though havent been that impressed since. Smith I thought we bought just because he was available (much like Duff) without mich of an idea how he'd be used. Stil happy with getting Viduka.

Biggest problems for me are the way we play and where he plays certain players. I hope, really hope he is starting to see these things. Not just playing Geremi because he bought him (to me Milner is strides better on the right with Zog on the left).

Blackburn away will be tough, Arsenal at home... well ....

After that though we have Brum (H), Fulham (A), Derby (H), Wigan (A), and Chelsea (A) until the new years game Man City (H). Of all of these games, 24 possible points, I reckon we should be looking for at least 12 points. These are key games for me. A perfect chance to turn it around or get buried.

Spot on from .com

....Two successive home defeats by three-goal margins is something that must snap Allardyce out of his "best start in 11 years" complacency.

This side is heading for oblivion as things stand and not even Graeme Souness or Glenn Roeder managed that after just 13 league games....

Son of God blubbed!

Every man jack of us know that .com are as reactionary and fickle as you can get, pessimism can nest safely with those two, it's in no danger of feeling like the odd one out.

The side is not heading for oblivion, it's this kind of hysteria that leads to BNP votes!

Everybody was aware of the shitstorm Allardyce was inheriting, everyone called for calm and patience on his appointment, knowing full well this will not be remedied by a few cricket scores against shitey pre-season opposition. So why now, in the middle of the process have people suddenly gone back on their own calls for calm and panicking like chickens not long without their heads!?

two successive defeats at home against sides gunning for glory this season, when we are a MID TABLE CLUB! this is no surprise to me. Sure it's dissappointing when we're not only losing but losing by playing badly. But I'm so easily startled that I'll start calling for the managers head.

Gods sake Jimbo we're 1/3rd ofthe way through the season... we've plenty of time, money and opportunity to turn things round... just stay off the coffee for a bit, ok? :lol:

To all those who want Allardyce out... who would you bring in to replace him? realistically? MacLaren?

Why has it automatically got to be a manager out of work ?

To all those who want Allardyce out... who would you bring in to replace him? realistically? MacLaren?

It doesn't. But it has to be realistic.

It was realistic that Spurs could get Juande Ramos, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to attract managers of a similar reputation.

It was realistic that Spurs could get Juande Ramos, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to attract managers of a similar reputation.

Ramos could easily backfire on Spurs! A decent manager in his own right but untested in a foreign country. Allardyce was a success at Bolton and took them to unprecedented heights. If we had appointed Ramos and it went tits up the Big Sam bashers would probably turn round and say "Well we should have appointed an English manager, like Allardyce!"

Im not saying im happy but dont see the point in sacking yet another manager without bringing in someone significantly better. And sadly i dont see anyone who would take the job.

You can't?

How about we've sacked the new mans predecessors within a year or so of giving them the job? and the man immediately before him after 13 league games? It's a poisoned chalice where success is deamanded without a moderation of expectations given recent performances in all competitions. It's a job where the fans will support you only when things are going well and it's a club with a long and well documented history which no longer flirts with the farcical but is it's most obvious exemplar in the footballing community.

... Just off the top of my head like..

So Newcastle has become a job no body wants ? don't make me laugh, a Premier League club with a Billionaire owner, you'd be pleasantly surprised with you we could attract.

:lol:

So Newcastle has become a job no body wants ? don't make me laugh, a Premier League club with a Billionaire owner, you'd be pleasantly surprised with you we could attract.

:lol:

If the fans turn on the manager within 13 games then why would a top manager want to come here?

a manager who would field his strongest possible team and play people in their right positions would not be getting the grief sam is getting right now

Most Newcastle fans are sensible and we know it's going to take time, but is it to much to ask for the above?