The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

Fish, it's not about a divine right to finish in the top 5 or entertainment, we had one shot on target against Wigan FFS. If you can't see were fucked up then you really are an idiot.

You say you'd think we were fighting relegation the way were wining on, we will be if we continue to put these kind of performances in.

I'm never going to agree getting rid of the manager after half a season is a good idea, no matter who the manager is as long as we're out of the relegation zone.

I whole heartedly believe that the people who're filling the internet with Allardyce is shit and we want rid and we're boring and we should be playing a certain way, are the same people who will bemoan yet another change of manager when it (invariably) goes awry.

these people will be the same who call for the head of the next manager in 6 months time when he has failed to deliver the brand of football they want.... and repeat ad infinitum.

I called for patience weeks ago and I still maintain that we need to back the manager for a whiile longer. OBVIOUSLY if we're in genuine danger of relegation then sure change the man at the top, but to do it now would be foolhardy in the extreme.

everyyear we're laughed at because we chop and change our managers, every year we are filled with optimism only to have it dashed as reality sets in, every eyar we say we need stability and solid foundations to make a genuine move up the table, every year we say that next time it'll be different and every year without fail fans are calling for change and demanding things happen their way.

to accuse me of being an Allradyce fan rather than a Newcastle fan is preposterous. I want us to be playing beautiful football at the highest level with the best players and the pots and medals that would come with that. I also, however, am fuly aware that to acheive those lofty goals you must build for the future and tolerate a very difficult period while these neccesary changes are identified and enforced.

your average small business will make a loss in it's first year, it's expected, and accounted for in the projections. Why is it so difficult to accept that in this period we're going to experience poor results, poor performances and pretty depressing times.

I guess this is the crux of the matter, I expected a shit season, I expected there to be a period of adjustment and in that period for things to be pretty tough and because I expected them I am more likely to accept that which we're currently enduring.

It strikes me that the peiople who want rid of Sam were not expecting a shit season and, because their expectations are not being met they're angry and feel let down by the club, the players but most of all the man who the media suggested was the perfect man to sort our problems.

Were on 26 points, 17th, Wigan are on 16, thats ten points between us and them. We have Chelsea, City , Man Utd, Bolton, Arsenal, Boro & Villa to play next. Think about the way we are playing at the moment and then think seriously about how may points we will take from these games but don't forget to take into consideration who we've just played and what we got from them.

It's very worrying imo

I'm never going to agree getting rid of the manager after half a season is a good idea, no matter who the manager is as long as we're out of the relegation zone.

I whole heartedly believe that the people who're filling the internet with Allardyce is shit and we want rid and we're boring and we should be playing a certain way, are the same people who will bemoan yet another change of manager when it (invariably) goes awry.

these people will be the same who call for the head of the next manager in 6 months time when he has failed to deliver the brand of football they want.... and repeat ad infinitum.

I called for patience weeks ago and I still maintain that we need to back the manager for a whiile longer. OBVIOUSLY if we're in genuine danger of relegation then sure change the man at the top, but to do it now would be foolhardy in the extreme.

everyyear we're laughed at because we chop and change our managers, every year we are filled with optimism only to have it dashed as reality sets in, every eyar we say we need stability and solid foundations to make a genuine move up the table, every year we say that next time it'll be different and every year without fail fans are calling for change and demanding things happen their way.

to accuse me of being an Allradyce fan rather than a Newcastle fan is preposterous. I want us to be playing beautiful football at the highest level with the best players and the pots and medals that would come with that. I also, however, am fuly aware that to acheive those lofty goals you must build for the future and tolerate a very difficult period while these neccesary changes are identified and enforced.

your average small business will make a loss in it's first year, it's expected, and accounted for in the projections. Why is it so difficult to accept that in this period we're going to experience poor results, poor performances and pretty depressing times.

I guess this is the crux of the matter, I expected a shit season, I expected there to be a period of adjustment and in that period for things to be pretty tough and because I expected them I am more likely to accept that which we're currently enduring.

It strikes me that the peiople who want rid of Sam were not expecting a shit season and, because their expectations are not being met they're angry and feel let down by the club, the players but most of all the man who the media suggested was the perfect man to sort our problems.

Errrm, because were a multi million pound business who's invested millions in our personnel and continues to pay fortunes in wages. Is that so hard to understand. FFS Fish, it's not a fruit and veg shop :lol:

Fish, it's not about a divine right to finish in the top 5 or entertainment, we had one shot on target against Wigan FFS. If you can't see were fucked up then you really are an idiot.

You say you'd think we were fighting relegation the way were wining on, we will be if we continue to put these kind of performances in.

I think it was going to hit the post tbh :lol:

Too many worse teams imo. Not saying we shouldn't be upset with the position we're in but I don't see going down as a realistic chance.

I agree, but finishing any lower than last season isn't really progress and I doubt Ashley & Mort would be happy with it.

Too many worse teams imo. Not saying we shouldn't be upset with the position we're in but I don't see going down as a realistic chance.

I agree, but finishing any lower than last season isn't really progress and I doubt Ashley & Mort would be happy with it.

Aye. I think better than last season should be a minimum target. I know there's been upheaval at the club etc. but doing better than Roeder should be the least Allardyce should manage. Considering how many tickets XXL Sam has on himself.

Aye. I think better than last season should be a minimum target. I know there's been upheaval at the club etc. but doing better than Roeder should be the least Allardyce should manage. Considering how many tickets XXL Sam has on himself.

He does like to big himself up, managerial equivalent of Ali tbh :lol:

Ali could walk the walk too though :huh:

Guessing you never saw Big Sam's run at Fulham then. :razz:

I was there man. Soopafan tbh. More of a mince than a run like.

He does like to big himself up, managerial equivalent of Ali tbh :huh:

Ali could walk the walk too though :razz:

Guessing you never saw Big Sam's run at Fulham then. :nufc:

Run ? you mean mince !

:lol:

You're right actually, his mincing reminds me of Alex on a 5-a-side court tbh. :nufc:

Wacky I think you're well aware it was an analogy. Even huge businesses expect a bad first year.

I agree that we should be finishing above our position of last year. But we've absolutely no idea where we are going to finish this season.

We could sign two new players who have the same effect on us as Elano and Petrov have had on Man City, our current players could snap into place and make the most of themselves. Sam could change his approach to the games because of mounting public pressure.

I say it in almost every post, I am as unhappy with the way things are as the rest of you, however I see NO point in replacing a manger halfway through his first season in charge as long as we're not in danger of going down. And we are in no danger of going down irrespective of what any doomsayers prophesy

Edited by The Fish

I was fully expecting a poor season, but I expected to see green shoots of recovery, evidence that Allardyce was finding his way and making small improvements that might be the foundations for next season.

But all we have seen is regression, negative tactics, awful football, naive team selection, questionable subsitution policy, excuses, blame, some awful transfers.

Yes managers need time to succeed, but time doesn't guarantee success, and unfortunately for managers like Allardyce, success earns you time.

Minimum expectations have not been met, and have not only not been met, they've been missed by a mile.

As for being confident of not being relegated, whoever got relegated in December ? no one, but with us unable to beat the likes of Derby and Wigan, who can be confident of beating any of the remaing teams ahead under Allardyce ?

His stubornness and arrogance and inablility to demonstrate alternative tactics have plunged himself in this situation, not the crowd, and certainly not folk on message boards.

We've appointed the wrong man, he's a square peg in a round hole and we need to brave enough to make a tough decision.

You're right actually, his mincing reminds me of Alex on a 5-a-side court tbh. :nufc:

The difference is: we won all our games :nufc:

Edited by Jonny2J

............................ Even huge businesses expect a bad first year........................................

Far from the truth Mr. Fish!!

When huge businesses have already suffered bad years they bring in an experienced new manager whom they believe will turn things around and DO NOT EXPECT another bad year. They expect to see a progressive improvement in the right direction due to the new man's expertise.

Wacky I think you're well aware it was an analogy. Even huge businesses expect a bad first year.

I agree that we should be finishing above our position of last year. But we've absolutely no idea where we are going to finish this season.

We could sign two new players who have the same effect on us as Elano and Petrov have had on Man City, our current players could snap into place and make the most of themselves. Sam could change his approach to the games because of mounting public pressure.

I say it in almost every post, I am as unhappy with the way things are as the rest of you, however I see NO point in replacing a manger halfway through his first season in charge as long as we're not in danger of going down. And we are in no danger of going down irrespective of what any doomsayers prophesy

We could sign Ronaldo and Fabregas and it would make no difference, you know why? because he's play Ronaldo at right back and Fabregas in defence

We could sign Ronaldo and Fabregas and it would make no difference, you know why? because he's play Ronaldo at right back and Fabregas in defence

This is one thing I will defend Allardyce on, I presume you're talking about N'Zogbia here. Charles has been played at left back for the majority of the season because Enrique has either been injured or deemed unready for the premiership. I recall Beye was left to kick his heels until deemed capable at this level and is now one of our better performers.

I genuinely believe Jose Enrique will become a feature of our side for quite some time. I'm pleased Sam Allardyce hasn't thrown a young lad into the Premiership without letting him grow accustomed. I'd wager he'd have played more if we had been playing better and that would have seen Charles pushed further forward and Milner to the right.

There are many things that seem to be wrong with Allardyces tactics, but I'm not a Premiership manager so I'd like to think there is rhyme behind his reasons.

............................ Even huge businesses expect a bad first year........................................

Far from the truth Mr. Fish!!

When huge businesses have already suffered bad years they bring in an experienced new manager whom they believe will turn things around and DO NOT EXPECT another bad year. They expect to see a progressive improvement in the right direction due to the new man's expertise.

Team Morshley put their faith in Allardyce when others lined a manager up beforehand or got one in as soon as. This does not fill me with confidence that our top exectuives have a top manager lined up to do some grade A troubleshooting. I think the train set is broke, and they don't understand the instrucitons.

This is one thing I will defend Allardyce on, I presume you're talking about N'Zogbia here. Charles has been played at left back for the majority of the season because Enrique has either been injured or deemed unready for the premiership. I recall Beye was left to kick his heels until deemed capable at this level and is now one of our better performers.

I genuinely believe Jose Enrique will become a feature of our side for quite some time. I'm pleased Sam Allardyce hasn't thrown a young lad into the Premiership without letting him grow accustomed. I'd wager he'd have played more if we had been playing better and that would have seen Charles pushed further forward and Milner to the right.

There are many things that seem to be wrong with Allardyces tactics, but I'm not a Premiership manager so I'd like to think there is rhyme behind his reasons.

Instead we've been hamstrung by having our most productive leftwinger lingering at left back, FANTASTIC !!!!

Oh and by the way if he's saving Jose Enrique, why did he pick the lad to play so many of the early matches ?

The Keegan fan boys loved having wingers for left backs, now all of a sudden it's complete madness.

I'm betting Enrique hasn't impressed BSA in his games/training, and he will become one his many non-appearing signings to be offloaded quietly in exchange for some other unknown, BSA has plenty of form for that.

Can you explain his decisions to play other players out of position. Just how will Enrique become accustomed to the PL when he's not even deemed good enough to play against derby at home. I'll remind you were 19 games in and we paid 6 million for this lad.

Maybe BS has got him spending time with a shrink...look into my eyes, you will not be fazed by the PL, you are the best LB in the country.

Dragging players off when they make a mistake and slagging your players to the press is something not even the Jock cock sucker done.

Dragging players off when they make a mistake and slagging your players to the press is something not even the Jock cock sucker done.

Cacapa was probably correct if he was injured - when he did the same for Rozenhal I thought we're 2-1 down with 35 mins left and you've just wasted a substitution to prove a point you stupid twat.

Another sign.